Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

went to the track and not happy

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zippy
This is kinda what I was expecting back when you picked this cam. What you ended up with is a truck that would be just as fast without the blower as with. Replace that blower with a Fast 102 and you'd probably be right in the same time range with what you're running currently. It's either that or you need to go with alot more blower. That cam is even too big for a TVS2300. Your shift points with that thing should be around 7k unfortunatly. It's a good thing you have that 3600 stall.

i should just get rid of the cam get another one huh ?
Old 10-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before you go swapping cams or y pipes,why dont you calculate the slippage of your converter?

I am betting it either your converter(LU's are notorious for getting weak behind heavy vehicles making alot of power) OR the cam was advanced or retarded to much during installation.Id bet the converter as it has to be making a TON of tq with a 100 shot and the charger.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Regular

that truck is spinning i was there that night he ran..there was a time he floored it and had to let go and floor it again for it to hook and still hit a low 12 i belieeve
Old 10-10-2009, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

how do i calculate the slippage
Old 10-10-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

wen i had it it slipped bad but wen my friend had it we added vht and it wouldnt slip that much plus the traps on the all boost runs only were the same
Old 10-10-2009, 07:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The converter is likely flashing too high for the Radix. Radix trucks run harder with squeezing everything you can out of them without spinning the rpm (which makes them into a Foreman Grille). Your cam is setup to like the rpm and the blower isn't. I would either get rid of the blower and with that money buy a nice intake and better suited cam or change the cam, keep the blower, and change the stall. I'm not sure what your compression is, but I do see that you have better heads. If you get rid of the blower I'd go for as much compression as you can. If you keep the blower you're going to want to try to get your compression somewhere between 10:1 and 10.5:1 which is where the low boost MP112's make the best numbers. With you already having heads, cam, and a nice 3600 converter there is no reason to stay with that MP112 blower. Sell it and buy a nice Fast intake and better camshaft. If you really want to keep boost you could add a Procharger D1SC as money comes along and it will be better suited to a bigger cam and 3600 stall.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im with zippy... if you want to keep boost, go with a d1sc procharger.. p1 would be a good starting charger, but to get the results you want i would say d1

check out this kit:
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=449418
or this one:
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=449521
Old 10-10-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zippy
The converter is likely flashing too high for the Radix. Radix trucks run harder with squeezing everything you can out of them without spinning the rpm (which makes them into a Foreman Grille). Your cam is setup to like the rpm and the blower isn't. I would either get rid of the blower and with that money buy a nice intake and better suited cam or change the cam, keep the blower, and change the stall. I'm not sure what your compression is, but I do see that you have better heads. If you get rid of the blower I'd go for as much compression as you can. If you keep the blower you're going to want to try to get your compression somewhere between 10:1 and 10.5:1 which is where the low boost MP112's make the best numbers. With you already having heads, cam, and a nice 3600 converter there is no reason to stay with that MP112 blower. Sell it and buy a nice Fast intake and better camshaft. If you really want to keep boost you could add a Procharger D1SC as money comes along and it will be better suited to a bigger cam and 3600 stall.
what about a 67mm turbo cuz some one is interested in a trade, what do u think ?
Old 10-11-2009, 01:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a little small for a 6.0L, but it will move more air than your current boost maker. That's something to consider. Is it just a turbo or a full kit though?
Old 10-11-2009, 02:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

full kit can i install that one and later on go with a 76 or bigger ? just buy the turbo by itself

Quick Reply: went to the track and not happy