Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

wish me luck, time to step it up a little

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 08:53 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=parish8]9.5 is just silly. a 9.99999 would make me happy.

Old 09-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck Jim! Chuck is praying for your transmission.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:24 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no 9's but it didn't blow up either. it was a long day and there was only about an hour of racing. that wasn't enough time for me to figure much out but it looks like i am running out of fuel. i have to make sure i have enough fuel and no knock before i push it any harder.

the track wasn't hooking all that great. i did manage to get some 1.57 60's but they were harsh. truck was all over the place. i ran almost 109mph in the 1/8th but only 132 at the end. the kr is taking all my power. no more of that till i figure out whey i have kr.

lighting guys were cool.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Next time...next time...
Old 09-24-2006, 05:26 AM
Teching In

Well done. What is your best mph at the 1/8?
Old 09-24-2006, 06:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well good to hear there weren't any unsolvable problems. Best of luck next go round.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:57 PM
single digit dreamer

yesterday was a long day. we met up at 8am wanting to get to kc so we could watch the lightning stuff. while loading the truck up on the trailer one of the wheels fell thru the decking. we had to rewood($90) the trailer before we could even load up. after that we got the truck on the trailer. now with some weight on the hoe you could see one of the tires were very low. it's got a nail in it. grrr. so we swap the hoe tire. 2 hours late we are ready to hit the road.

the hoe tows ok. it was a little floaty even with a fair amount of toung weight. we get about an hour from omaha and boom. we blow up a trailer tire. of course i have no spare. we got lucky and the hoe jack and lug wrench worked to pull off the tire so off we go looking for a tire. there was a tire shop about 1/2 hour away but they were in no hurry at all to help. about 2 hours and another $90 we were on the road again.

we get to kc around 4, it had rained in kc that morning and they were behind. lightning fest lasted till about 8pm. they showed racing till 11:30 but the track closed at 10. grand total there was about an hour of grudge racing.

watching the lightning run was a blast. there were a couple of really fast gen1's. one crazy fast truck was all over the lane. kyle will have a video of that up later. this dude was nuts. there was a nice twin turbo gen1 with a blow thru carb. he was running consistant 10.24's.

at the grudge racing i started with a 150shot off the line and 14psi uping it to 16psi at 65mph. that only got me a 10.9. my 60's was weak.

after that run i uped the nitrous to a 175hole shot and uped the boost a litte. that gave me a solid 1.57 60' but it was very harsh. truck was bouncing all over the place. truck pulled prety good with a peek boost around 17psi. that run was around 10.5

turned it up some more, around 19psi and ran a 10.3 at 132. my 1/8th was 6.6 at 108.6 and my 60' was ok again in the 1.57 range. that 1/8 should be more in the 10.1 or 10.0 range but it was showing a fair amount of knock up top and killed my power after the 1/8th. after looking at the logs it looks like i might be loosing fuel presure. my a/f ratio was geting up into the lower 12's even though i added a lot of fuel. idc was low, only around 60%. i made one more run at a little lower boost and got even more knock than the previous runs. no more runs till i know i am geting enough fuel.

i redid my fuel line from the stock fuel line in -8 up to the first rail. i also used a "full flow" radiused fitting. it didn't seem to help so i must have some other problem since i was able to push it harder last year without any problems. right now i am thinking the voltage at the pump is lower than last year since i moved my battery. i am going to take the power wires for the pumps to the alternator and see if that helps.

i think every run was against a 10sec lightning. the run where i ran a 10.3 was against the twin turbo one with a blow thru carb. that was a very clean set up. he had ran a pile of 10.24's that day and guess what. he did it again. his 10.24 took my 10.3. my rt was a little better than his and the diference at the end was .0116 with him in the lead. it was a fantastic race and a lot of fun.

i am not going out of town again till i can run at least a 6.4 at 110mph at the local 1/8th. with fuel for the hoe and race gas for the truck and the problems i spent about $300 to run a 10.29 at my best time. grrrrr. i still have a little time this year so i am not giving up on it yet.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:30 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

well that sux about all the problems and still very respectable times for minor tunning that you did get to do on it, you will see a 9.98 at 136 mph before your track closes.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:23 PM
TECH Junkie

I know its hard to compare setups with the kr up top but how does 19 psi with the twins compare to 19psi with the single?
Where you running that big of a shot with the single?
Old 09-24-2006, 08:12 PM
single digit dreamer

it is prety hard to compare.

one thing for sure is the twins need a lot more nitrous to get things going. before i got away with a 100-125shot and now i need a 150-175shot.

right now at the track i would say lb for lb i am a little down on power but i really think that is from the kr. i can tell you for sure a 108.6mph in the 1/8th would have been a new mph record in the 1/4 for me. last year i ran 136.x with a 106mph in the 1/8th. just based on my 1/8th mph and et and the knock i saw well before the end of the 1/8th i would guess i will be making at least a little more hp with the twins. maybe a lot more.

i am having one hell of a time keeping my efilive conected. i probably would have stoped running way sooner if i had seen the logs and i am lucky i didn't blow something up. i finialy resorted to learning how to use the black box feature on efilive and that worked prety good. the one log i did see shows some prety scary stuff(i am very lucky i didn't break something). i normaly really watch my tune close but with the conection problems i was going thru and very little time i just turned it up and figured i was good.

when i lost my last laptop i lost the conversion formulas for my fuel presure, a/f ratio and boost but you can just look at the voltage and see where things look bad. fuel presure was jumping around, a/f ratio was creeping up and knock came in hard. i will get this fixed and try it again.

Quick Reply: wish me luck, time to step it up a little