Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Wtf!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Wtf!!!!!

I gotmy *** handed to me last night!! I raced an 2002 Camaro with cam, LS6 heads and a tune from a 45mph roll, he beat the **** out of me. The question I have is why did I get spanked so bad??? He put about two lengths on me at first and then when he grabbed 2nd, it was over. When I hit the good foot, the truck down shifted into 2nd and then third. I think that it was due to the mph and I needed to be in 1st to do some good. He said that he ran a 13.7 at the track but he was spinning all through 3 gears. I know my truck is faster than this.......he also said that he was in first gear @ 3500rpm. I tried this to do this in my truck, I was @ 5000rpm and was doing about 40mph(+/- 2mph). There's no way I could've taken off in 1st gear @ 45mph on a roll. The shitty thing about this is he would'nt race me from a dig because he would spin too bad.

Anyways just wanted to share my loosing event with ya.

James
Old 08-05-2007, 04:35 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never race from a roll, always a dig. You should have been at the top of first/bottom of second at 45mph...a bad spot.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:42 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

you don't stand a chance in hell racing a camaro with H/C package, he might run a 13.7 spinning through 3 gears but that car from a dig is good for low 12's at trap speeds of 112+
Old 08-05-2007, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by v8
you don't stand a chance in hell racing a camaro with H/C package, he might run a 13.7 spinning through 3 gears but that car from a dig is good for low 12's at trap speeds of 112+
and 112mph is very conservative for a cam only ls1. With H/C boltons he has at least 10mph on you in the 1/4 mile...and that is enough to put you out of sight in his rear view pretty quickly. Don't sweat it, those cars are fast...stick to mustangs or get a bigger motor w/ FI.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by trever1t
Never race from a roll, always a dig. You should have been at the top of first/bottom of second at 45mph...a bad spot.
This is what I thought too.......this race was over befor it ever began.
Oh well, I'm not afraid of loosing!!!LOL!!

James
Old 08-05-2007, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by v8
I knew that they were quik but not that quik. The trap speed that he told me was 112mph come to think of it.

James
Old 08-05-2007, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99Silverado5.3
and 112mph is very conservative for a cam only ls1. With H/C boltons he has at least 10mph on you in the 1/4 mile...and that is enough to put you out of sight in his rear view pretty quickly. Don't sweat it, those cars are fast...stick to mustangs or get a bigger motor w/ FI.
Yeah, he put me in the rear view quik!!! That sucked bad!!!!!! I did give him props on his car. The cool thing about it was that you couldn't hear the cam unless you listen for it. I think it had a wider LSA but a lot of duration because it hardly loped and his power band was up there. Not sure on the lift though. Someone else did all of the mods to the car befor he bought it. It was a very clean looking car. He's a member on tech also. He has full exhaust and man, talk about a sleeper.

James
Old 08-05-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

yup it is hard to beat camaro's on street, they trap alot higher mph that we do...... I can barely beat stock ls1's in the street, but a modded one is just out of the question, I just got ripped by one too about 2weeks ago.... but Im like you I can take a lost every once in a while..... until I bump into him at the track.... by the way I always run my truck on motor in the street, I only use the juice at the track...
Old 08-05-2007, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ap2002
yup it is hard to beat camaro's on street, they trap alot higher mph that we do...... I can barely beat stock ls1's in the street, but a modded one is just out of the question, I just got ripped by one too about 2weeks ago.... but Im like you I can take a lost every once in a while..... until I bump into him at the track.... by the way I always run my truck on motor in the street, I only use the juice at the track...
Well, he schooled me last night. I would like to meet him @ the track because I don't think it would've been that bad. Hell, when I asked him to race from a dig, he said no. He then replied that I would take him due to traction issues. I was like I just want my bragging rights back!!!LOL!!!

James
Old 08-05-2007, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

My truck has a 12 in it, I just have to get the power to the ground. The last time I ran @ the track, I ran 3/4 tank of gas and had very little weight reduction. Oh and it was in 80º weather too. 13.0 isn't too bad N/A.

James

Quick Reply: Wtf!!!!!