Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Graphs | Power Comparisons | Dyno Truck List

432/443 Baseline Radix MP112 data results........oxidizr tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 09:22 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mjhoward
soak some rags in kerosene and wrap them around your ankles to keep the ants from eating at your candy ***.
I don't care who ya are, that's some funny sh*t right there!!
Old 08-09-2006, 10:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Why not send the 112 back and get you a 122
Would they consider it? It's still in the box.
Moregrip? Any insight on this and my above questions?

Jim
Old 08-09-2006, 10:22 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
Would they consider it? It's still in the box.
Moregrip? Any insight on this and my above questions?

Jim

no they would not consider it.

Devin has not run out of blower yet, why would you? If the EATON M112 can make 14-15 psi on a 5.4 Lightning, then I am sure it will do you just fine. The MP112 is more efficient than the M112, and runs ALOT cooler, this blower will make more than enough power to split your block if needed. Dont take the words of a certain someone, listen to those that know.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BlownChevy

Devin has not run out of blower yet, why would you? If the EATON M112 can make 14-15 psi on a 5.4 Lightning, then I am sure it will do you just fine. The MP112 is more efficient than the M112, and runs ALOT cooler, this blower will make more than enough power to split your block if needed. Dont take the words of a certain someone, listen to those that know.
Cool thanks BlownChevy! I'm sure I'm just thinking the worse before I get my own personal experience.
I forgot about the reliability issues between the M-112 and M-122 unit. I'll work with what I have. I'm sure I will eventually get it pumping out too much power than the trans can take. I'd better keep it conservative first.
Hey BlownChevy, would it hurt anything to change the pulley out to the smaller pulley with the stock Radix tuning for a while until I can get it over to Allen for fine tuning? The GT2-3 cam will be in there at the same time as well.
What do you think?

Jim
Old 08-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

mjhoward ran a 3" on his 4.8 for a couple of months of thrashing and he motor was fine till he went crazy with the timing
Old 08-09-2006, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
mjhoward ran a 3" on his 4.8 for a couple of months of thrashing and he motor was fine till he went crazy with the timing
I went from the stock 3.7 to 3.25 on the stock engine and maggie tune with a 160* tstat. it was pushing 11.5lbs boost. I didn't have any issues with it but I also didn't tow or run anything less than 93 octane. of course no one will recommend it. I had no problems but that doesn't mean you won't.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:24 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
Cool thanks BlownChevy! I'm sure I'm just thinking the worse before I get my own personal experience.
I forgot about the reliability issues between the M-112 and M-122 unit. I'll work with what I have. I'm sure I will eventually get it pumping out too much power than the trans can take. I'd better keep it conservative first.
Hey BlownChevy, would it hurt anything to change the pulley out to the smaller pulley with the stock Radix tuning for a while until I can get it over to Allen for fine tuning? The GT2-3 cam will be in there at the same time as well.
What do you think?

Jim
Jim, the great thing about the GT2-3 is that it will give you a good gain in power and be completely streetable. No nagging idle issues, quirky street manners, things like that. Personally, I like a little more cam for a 6.0L. According to this dynosim software I have, the GT2-3 seems to really shine in a stock headed application. Both CHarris and Whitt1 have run it in their 6L with success. Might try and hit them up.

As for the MP112 running out of steam, I did not encounter that with this setup.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by moregrip
Jim, the great thing about the GT2-3 is that it will give you a good gain in power and be completely streetable. No nagging idle issues, quirky street manners, things like that. Personally, I like a little more cam for a 6.0L. According to this dynosim software I have, the GT2-3 seems to really shine in a stock headed application. Both CHarris and Whitt1 have run it in their 6L with success. Might try and hit them up.

As for the MP112 running out of steam, I did not encounter that with this setup.
Are you referring the GT2-3 cam and the Radix combo? Because that's what will be going in at the same time.
If there is a better cam for the Radix, I would like to know what you recommend?
I don't want to go too big because it will be for everyday driving and towing(10% of the year).
Let me know, as I have not ordered the cam kit yet.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 08-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Moderator / Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlownChevy

Devin is not out of blower, he is out of fuel. More injector, better delivery and the truck will make more power with the M112.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by oxidizr
Devin is not out of blower, he is out of fuel. More injector, better delivery and the truck will make more power with the M112.
I completely understand how he could do that with a 6.0. With my 4.8 I was at 94% duty cycle and suplementing fuel with meth. Meth pump wire got pinched, shorted and didn't run, then it go BOOM!

Quick Reply: 432/443 Baseline Radix MP112 data results........oxidizr tune