Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Graphs | Power Comparisons | Dyno Truck List

5.3 dyno results with tr220 cam

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sonoma43
wrong....dont "need" a stall with this cam...im running it in a ECSB Z71 with stock converter and its good off the line....need 4WD to hook at that. A 3K stall would put it in the better part of the powerband sure but a stall is not needed. I would reccomend LT's with this cam though
Well.. for the cam to work properly you WILL need a stall..

There are plenty of people with duration number at 220 or higher who run stock stalls and say it " not soggy down low"...

If you like it and makes you happy.. more power to you!
Old 04-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JYount
Exactly what I was looking at, I don't care if it sounds cool in the driveway or makes 800 hp at 6500 rpms (thats a joke, just exageration). I want it to make more power down low, I am not ever gonna run my truck up to where the big cams make their power Tire shredding tourqe, sotp is what matters to the daily driver trucks. I can still see by the graph though you still need somewhat of a stall convertor to make good use of its power though.
What is the stock stall speed and some other options.
Like the tb one, aftermarket, etc. I know the tb one can be had for only like 200 bucks or something.
No need to spend $200 on a aftermarket tb.. get out a dremel, some sandpaper.. and get to work.. takes less than a hour to do..

Save your money on the tb.. and buy some beer and go to town on that tb
Old 04-03-2009, 12:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Lc2SFIv6
No need to spend $200 on a aftermarket tb.. get out a dremel, some sandpaper.. and get to work.. takes less than a hour to do..

Save your money on the tb.. and buy some beer and go to town on that tb
lol he isnt talking about a Throttle body.
I just spent 2minutes trying to figure out how he would re-stall his convertor with sandpaper and a dremel.

he means a Trailblazer (tb) stall convertor, that would stall in the 2600-2800rpm range
Old 04-03-2009, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
In that case you should have stuck with the diesel imo. My high compression 6 liter still doesn't have the low end, and throttle response I'd like on the highway. It's going to take more displacement I believe.
200 dollar fill up last summer and the ext cab instead of 4 door said it had to go. I really had no need for the deisel, just was young when I bought it, it was COOL, and it cost about 30 bucks to fill up both tanks. This summer changed alot of things, waste was one of em.....

No question about no replacement for displacement, but take the good with the bad so to speak. I miss the loads of power no doubt, but the 4 doors are awesome with the kids, and I DO NOT miss the pain at the pump. Even though it was paid off I was paying more on two fillups for it a month than I am paying for a payment on this one and the gas. Insurance believe it or not was only about a dollar difference. I also tow not very often and at the heaviest 7 to 10k, nothing the gasser cant handle.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by 95 bright teal
lol he isnt talking about a Throttle body.
I just spent 2minutes trying to figure out how he would re-stall his convertor with sandpaper and a dremel.

he means a Trailblazer (tb) stall convertor, that would stall in the 2600-2800rpm range
LOL I did the same thing. I was thinking dremel......sandpaper......what the heck.....?

Thanks for the stall info though, I'll keep that in my head when I'm looking for cams in the summer. Never stalled mine up, around what would the stocker stall?
Old 04-03-2009, 01:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JYount
LOL I did the same thing. I was thinking dremel......sandpaper......what the heck.....?

Thanks for the stall info though, I'll keep that in my head when I'm looking for cams in the summer. Never stalled mine up, around what would the stocker stall?
1800rpm, ill check on the tb stall, but i think that is what they stall too.
EDIT: yep the tb stall will do 2500-2800rpm behind a healthy v8
Old 04-03-2009, 09:19 AM
FormerVendor

Well.. for the cam to work properly you WILL need a stall..

There are plenty of people with duration number at 220 or higher who run stock stalls and say it " not soggy down low"...

If you like it and makes you happy.. more power to you!

I did the tuning on his truck and have ridden it numerous times with the stock cam and now with the TR220 and this truck just rips out of the hole for not having a stall.

Maybe it's the tune
Old 04-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS
I did the tuning on his truck and have ridden it numerous times with the stock cam and now with the TR220 and this truck just rips out of the hole for not having a stall.

Maybe it's the tune
Must be or he is running 4.56 gears..
Old 04-03-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Must be or he is running 4.56 gears..
nope.....runnin the stock 3.73's!
Old 04-03-2009, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

How much lower would the curve shift in a 6.0?

Quick Reply: 5.3 dyno results with tr220 cam