Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Graphs | Power Comparisons | Dyno Truck List

6.0 mp112 Meth dyno tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Thats my point, there is no way he is still running stock injectors....

Damn, I feel like a moron now...I honestly do not remember installing new fuel injectors when I put this kit on. I must have not had anythning to do with that part(someone helped)...I was under the truck for prob 2 hrs trying to mousnt the inline pump. Also my tuner has told me on a couple of occasions that my injectors are stock...just thought they were...???

And for the record if it matters I am running pure 100% meth (no H20)

As far as the dyno today, plans changed, 6 yr old usually has Karate on Monday, but no school yesterday, so he had it today.....had to cancel appt.
Rescheduled for tomorrow at 3 pm est......I will be happy to post as soon as I get home
Old 02-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Staging Lane

Also about the DC thing...it did not just automaically come down to 87% We pulled 13% of the strain off of the Inj.(pulled fuel) and made it up with meth. Tuner said this is the best way to use the meth for cooling and AF ration purposes.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackSSS
Also about the DC thing...it did not just automaically come down to 87% We pulled 13% of the strain off of the Inj.(pulled fuel) and made it up with meth. Tuner said this is the best way to use the meth for cooling and AF ration purposes.

Is there any other way to do it???

Great numbers man. Keep us posted on the new runs! You are deffinately making the power now. How much total timing you running now at WOT?
Old 02-20-2008, 07:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by krambo
Is there any other way to do it???

Great numbers man. Keep us posted on the new runs! You are deffinately making the power now. How much total timing you running now at WOT?
Yeah, if you do not touch the reg fuel and leave the Injectors at 100% DC you could just put the meth on top of that and not get as good of a meth burn and or use it to its full potential. Only downside to pulling that much fuel and making it up with meth is if the meth runs out...

I am also at 62 psi....you must have been making much more power than me if you were still at 99-100 DC with teh meth. I have the Alky Control system set at ONLY 4....I still have 6 more notches to richen up.

Are you saying you could not pull any fuel AND had the meth turned all the way up??? to keep a borderline 11.9 AF???
Old 02-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Staging Lane

Forgot....timinmg is at 20
Old 02-20-2008, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, if you do not touch the reg fuel and leave the Injectors at 100% DC you could just put the meth on top of that and not get as good of a meth burn and or use it to its full potential. Only downside to pulling that much fuel and making it up with meth is if the meth runs out...

That was my point. There is really one way to dial in meth injection. First the AFR and then the spark advance. Who wants to spray meth on top of your optimized AFR and go so rich?

Are you saying you could not pull any fuel AND had the meth turned all the way up??? to keep a borderline 11.9 AF???
I command higher from the PCM however when spraying 60/40, I go to 11.9. I want 11.9 so yes, I "pulled fuel" to get there. Keep in mind that my injectors are maxed commanding a higher AFR, the meth just allows me to run where I want to be... at 11.9.

20* seems to be the magic number with the 2.8 if you can keep the IAT's down. The octane boost of the meth helps quench the KR. I run 20-21 and saw no power increase running any higher and also tripped KR anything higher. I still see some KR at the 20* mark however everyone's set-up is different. Best pull I had on the dyno was something like 53x. Never bothered to get a printout so I guess it never happened Nevertheless, my 1/4 mile times justify the HP numbers I just quoted.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by krambo
That was my point. There is really one way to dial in meth injection. First the AFR and then the spark advance. Who wants to spray meth on top of your optimized AFR and go so rich?

20* seems to be the magic number with the 2.8 if you can keep the IAT's down.
Ok I see I took it as you were running so lean that you did not have any room to pull the fuel and just put the meth on top and still barely made 11.9
When I got the meth that is what I thought I was going to have to do I was running so lean, had no idea the meth would fatten things up so much.

Yes 20 does seem to be it with the 2.8 ....I did not want to push it any further.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

Well I was a little off in my guestimations, but very close. The "OFFICIAL" results 498 rwhp 504 rwtq ......two damn hp away from THE mark No excuses, but I did run the 22's that are 24lbs each heavier instead of the stock 20s......I am sure I lost at least 15 there, but oh well

Last edited by BlackSSS; 02-20-2008 at 04:38 PM. Reason: images too small
Old 02-20-2008, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you'd pulled the belt off, it would have broke the 500hp barrier.

unless the supercharger belt is part of the main belt drive.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by joshua022
if you'd pulled the belt off, it would have broke the 500hp barrier.

unless the supercharger belt is part of the main belt drive.
Sc is part of the serpentine yes....I assume you are talking AC belt which is separate

Quick Reply: 6.0 mp112 Meth dyno tune