Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Graphs | Power Comparisons | Dyno Truck List

Dyno Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 01:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend told me everything about block, he said have only 4 bolts per cylinder holding the heads down as far heads have the thickest deck surfed but still gonna have the same problem with heads at REAL high boost. He said can do a little more timing. And a little more boost. I have to listen to john who did tuned. He knows what he's doing. My friend told me if i do still want high boost then I gonna end up living my heads and having to put new head gaskets on it and he just don't want me to mess my motor up. He said all guys do not like high boost or alot of timing at all. I don't want to. Waste money to repair. He said If I wanna run high boost i need to get a LSX block and the heads to match it. LSX motor has 6 bolts per cylinder head. I dont know about this, Looks like I behind news of this info! My friend sent pics and i look at pics, dang, look bad. so my friend suggest me looking for low boost make high power. closer wg is to turbo quick it bleeds off boost when i let of throttle. which will help my motor live longer. Now i understand clear. I have to be careful with my motor.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

U see the dyno graphic show tq ?? I think may explain the reason for the torque falling off so badly?? My cam comp 926's are 129lbs on the seat. My friend told me that is no where near enough seat pressure for a turbo @ 15lbs of boost. You should be in the 160lb seat range.
You are probably floating the valves.. Not bashing, my friend just trying to help.. hard to believe him or not.
you need to change to new 925's would of been much better with the seat pressure @ 141 on the seat.
Im stay with 926. I don't know what different between of valve springs numbers for 926 and 925??
Also he sent me other message, said You will make HP to a certain point and then it will feel like it hit a wall. You wont be able to make anymore boost at the point of valve float,hp go's flat, torque falls badly.

I really didn't know about this valve springs pressure. What ur opinion about valve spring pressure??
Old 10-11-2011, 03:26 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SuperSilverado53
U see the dyno graphic show tq ?? I think may explain the reason for the torque falling off so badly?? My cam comp 926's are 129lbs on the seat. My friend told me that is no where near enough seat pressure for a turbo @ 15lbs of boost. You should be in the 160lb seat range.
You are probably floating the valves.. Not bashing, my friend just trying to help.. hard to believe him or not.
you need to change to new 925's would of been much better with the seat pressure @ 141 on the seat.
Im stay with 926. I don't know what different between of valve springs numbers for 926 and 925??
Also he sent me other message, said You will make HP to a certain point and then it will feel like it hit a wall. You wont be able to make anymore boost at the point of valve float,hp go's flat, torque falls badly.

I really didn't know about this valve springs pressure. What ur opinion about valve spring pressure??

Noah,

When you are adding boost to a motor, the spring seat pressure is very important. Your current valve springs are rated for 129lbs on the seat. you add 15lbs of boost to the valve spring it reduces the seat pressure drasticly, meaning it is harder for the valve to close when you have 15lbs of boost pushing against them. The 925's would be better however you need to be in the 160lb seat range. When the guy at the shop that is working on your truck makes this type of post:

"The Valves aren't floating at all. Those COMPS are rated for what, .650 lift? His cam only has a lift of .601.

I can promise you the valves aren't floating. We had to replace the old springs, all PRC hardware that broke . "

He obviously has no clue what he is talking about.
Ask around Noah, and see what the guys that race and build boosted motors will tell you. The Rated lift of the valve spring has absolutely nothing to do with spring seat pressure. All in all, you are floating the valves and you need new valve springs with the correct seat pressure! After you fix that, you can see what else needs to be fixed.

Chris
Old 10-11-2011, 09:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by chris@hps
Noah,

When you are adding boost to a motor, the spring seat pressure is very important. Your current valve springs are rated for 129lbs on the seat. you add 15lbs of boost to the valve spring it reduces the seat pressure drasticly, meaning it is harder for the valve to close when you have 15lbs of boost pushing against them. The 925's would be better however you need to be in the 160lb seat range. When the guy at the shop that is working on your truck makes this type of post:

"The Valves aren't floating at all. Those COMPS are rated for what, .650 lift? His cam only has a lift of .601.

I can promise you the valves aren't floating. We had to replace the old springs, all PRC hardware that broke . "

He obviously has no clue what he is talking about.
Ask around Noah, and see what the guys that race and build boosted motors will tell you. The Rated lift of the valve spring has absolutely nothing to do with spring seat pressure. All in all, you are floating the valves and you need new valve springs with the correct seat pressure! After you fix that, you can see what else needs to be fixed.

Chris
Not to mention that his tuner is spinning his motor to 7500rpm at that boost on those springs! Did you notice that on his dyno sheet?
Old 10-11-2011, 09:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry about the #s Noah. You have more power than you can use on the street. If you get greedy with the power and timing you may loose an engine. Take it to the track and see what it will do. I ran 11.4 @ 117 on 7.5 psi and 12 degrees of timing. That is my street tune and it is plenty safe. John does not want to see you hurt your motor and is just watching out for you.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:54 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by quicksilverado
Don't worry about the #s Noah. You have more power than you can use on the street. If you get greedy with the power and timing you may loose an engine. Take it to the track and see what it will do. I ran 11.4 @ 117 on 7.5 psi and 12 degrees of timing. That is my street tune and it is plenty safe. John does not want to see you hurt your motor and is just watching out for you.

The only problem Dave is that if Noah keeps going WOT and dosn't change his valve springs to the correct spring pressures he will and can tear up the lifters and the camshaft from valve float. If he is not going to change the springs out he should turn it down to 7-8psi and hope it lives.

Chris
Old 10-12-2011, 08:54 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Not to mention that his tuner is spinning his motor to 7500rpm at that boost on those springs! Did you notice that on his dyno sheet?
Yup, I noticed that as well. Disaster is awaiting!

Chris
Old 10-13-2011, 01:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kbracing96
No. Not 7500, john did set 6,400. Won't do set for 7500 no way.Dyno graphic is wrong.
Originally Posted by quicksilverado
Look, I not greedy with power. Lol. I understsnd what u try said. Just make sure everything run right. John know what do with my truck power being safe. I'm satisfy with hp nbrs for dd. But somehow I getting lost interest my truck. I don't know what I can do with truck. Long story. I not tell u for this post.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperSilverado53
No. Not 7500, john did set 6,400. Won't do set for 7500 no way.Dyno graphic is wrong.

Look, I not greedy with power. Lol. I understsnd what u try said. Just make sure everything run right. John know what do with my truck power being safe. I'm satisfy with hp nbrs for dd. But somehow I getting lost interest my truck. I don't know what I can do with truck. Long story. I not tell u for this post.
When I read above this. Now I see what chris hunter explained clear. I do agreed with him about valve pressuring seat. You gonna be careful. Like you are just learning and get some good experince.. See what Dave says. Lets do at track when you get slick and meth and see whats happen. The graphic it show over 7k rpm. It not wrong. How could you think its wrong. Because once dyno plug in your truck to scan it. It will show everything dynolab.