Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Graphs | Power Comparisons | Dyno Truck List

Dyno Results With WCCH Stage1 Heads.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 12:15 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BBT
Thanks to all for the compliments, and thanks to WCCH for such nice performing stage1 heads. One thing that really impressed me is the airflow gains I achieved here at my altitude 2350-2400ft elev. relative to the dyno shop in chatsworth 750ft elev. The grams/cylinder delta is much smaller now between here and there (ie. my Tahoe runs almost as good here as it does near sea level).

now that's impressive, sounds like your throttle response is a treat as well
Old 01-15-2006, 12:17 AM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet, another Tahoe guy. Anyway, nice gains with the heads. Could you tell me how much it cost to get your heads worked? I was looking on one sponsors site and they wanted $2k for stage 1 heads with exchange.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
Sweet, another Tahoe guy. Anyway, nice gains with the heads. Could you tell me how much it cost to get your heads worked? I was looking on one sponsors site and they wanted $2k for stage 1 heads with exchange.
We can upgrade your 5.3l heads with larger stainless steel valves and Stage 1 porting for between $800-$1000 per pair exchanged. Options such as valve springs will vary the cost, but not by a lot.

Richard
Old 01-15-2006, 01:02 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More greatness from WCCH! It's great to see a company that actually does some R&D and takes pride in their work...the results tell the tale. I don't want to get too far off topic, and I hope you don't mind Richard, but I've been talking you up to my dad like crazy. He's been in business building race engines for about 35 years now, and is just starting to get his CNC program underway...I'm really starting to turn him on to the GENIII stuff. I've told him what a top notch organization you have and that he should really start paying attention to what you guys are achieving.

I also mentioned to him that if he doesn't get his butt in gear, I'm gonna be driving around with a set of WCCH heads on my future 6.0 if I'm ready for them before he is
Old 01-15-2006, 02:28 AM
FormerVendor

Thank you for such a wonderful compliment. With all the new hype of the Gen 3 engines for the muscle cars, I feel the folks with trucks and SUV's seeking some additional performance are being left behind. My first involvement with the 5.3l engine was in 2002. A family member bought a work truck that he couldn't bear the thought of driving stock...........sooo we began hotrodding the thing. One day he setup a street race with a supercharged Toyota Tundra with the TRD blower. He was sure he was going to get his lunch handed to him. He spanked the Toyota 3 races in a row from a dead stop........with a bed completely full of work tools and a fiberglass shell My wife and I now own that truck. I really enjoy driving it now that we put a 6.0l in it. It has all the torque we need to tow a 2 horse trailer. Still I feel that the 4.8l and 5.3l engines have a lot to offer. Soon you'll see some more activity from us on this market.
Now it seems an almost daily occurence that an experienced Gen 1 engine builder calls me for info about the Gen 3 engines. One by one they're discovering the marvels of the modern small block Chevy. Pretty soon we'll be releasing news about a racing LS1 head made by All Pro Heads. As a race engine builder, your dad will probably be looking for these parts soon. The transition to CNC has been a career change in the midst of trying to run a 22 year old business. Not easy by any means. I wish him good luck and if there's anything he'd like to chat about, I'm almost always available.

Best regards,

Richard

Originally Posted by budhayes3
More greatness from WCCH! It's great to see a company that actually does some R&D and takes pride in their work...the results tell the tale. I don't want to get too far off topic, and I hope you don't mind Richard, but I've been talking you up to my dad like crazy. He's been in business building race engines for about 35 years now, and is just starting to get his CNC program underway...I'm really starting to turn him on to the GENIII stuff. I've told him what a top notch organization you have and that he should really start paying attention to what you guys are achieving.

I also mentioned to him that if he doesn't get his butt in gear, I'm gonna be driving around with a set of WCCH heads on my future 6.0 if I'm ready for them before he is
Old 01-15-2006, 07:06 AM
TECH Resident

Its nice to see more WCCH numbers. Its a very nice gain for stage 1 heads. Good Job