Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Graphs | Power Comparisons | Dyno Truck List

How much $$ to dyno/tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 03:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much $$ to dyno/tune

How much $$ should I expect to have my truck dyno'd/tune it and who should I have dyno it?I know there ?JMS in lucedale,Ms and RWTD in Mobile,Al. I have a diablo programer will they be able to get full potenal out of my truck with this progammer?
Old 06-26-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DITCH THE HANDHELD, AND GET jAMES AT rwtd HERE IN MOBILE TO TUNE IT, HE IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST HERE.

I DID IT, AND IT WAS THE BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT. I THINK HE CHARGES AROUND $400 OR SO, YOU CAN SELL THE USED DIABLO ON EBAY OR CRAIGSLIST. I GOT $230 FOR MY DIABLO USED, THE MORE MODS YOU MAKE, THE LESS EFFECTIVE THAT HANDHELD WILL BE.

DIABLO IS THE BEST HANDHELD, BUT IS STILL VERY LIMITED COMPARED TO HPTUNERS OR EFILIVE. GIVE JAMES A CALL, HE CAN HOOK IT UP, GENERALLY TAKES A FEW HOURS TO DYNO TUNE.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

blackbear performance.com
Old 06-26-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sickREDsierra
DITCH THE HANDHELD, AND GET jAMES AT rwtd HERE IN MOBILE TO TUNE IT, HE IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST HERE.

I DID IT, AND IT WAS THE BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT. I THINK HE CHARGES AROUND $400 OR SO, YOU CAN SELL THE USED DIABLO ON EBAY OR CRAIGSLIST. I GOT $230 FOR MY DIABLO USED, THE MORE MODS YOU MAKE, THE LESS EFFECTIVE THAT HANDHELD WILL BE.

DIABLO IS THE BEST HANDHELD, BUT IS STILL VERY LIMITED COMPARED TO HPTUNERS OR EFILIVE. GIVE JAMES A CALL, HE CAN HOOK IT UP, GENERALLY TAKES A FEW HOURS TO DYNO TUNE.
With rwtd tuneing my truck can u have more than 1 tune,like have a 87 oct and then pushing the tow/haul in for 93 oct?Will a tune have an affect if I need to bring my truck in for warrenty work?
Old 06-27-2008, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mudmanmatt
With rwtd tuneing my truck can u have more than 1 tune,like have a 87 oct and then pushing the tow/haul in for 93 oct?Will a tune have an affect if I need to bring my truck in for warrenty work?
no sir, the tow/haul only changes trans settings, shift points ... not the tune.

he will reflash it for free i am sure, if you should have to take your truck in for warranty.

FYI i have had mine in 2-3 times so far and they never looked at or noticed the tune.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sickREDsierra
no sir, the tow/haul only changes trans settings, shift points ... not the tune.

he will reflash it for free i am sure, if you should have to take your truck in for warranty.

FYI i have had mine in 2-3 times so far and they never looked at or noticed the tune.
Sounds good! Im sure this is a dum ? but getting it tuned on the dyno will get u more power than sending off for a custom tune?What kinda of rwhp #'s did your truck pull?
Old 06-27-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

dyno tune is better than a mail order, mail order better than a handheld, and so on. he tunes for driveability first, then for power. he knows his **** , for sure.

mine was around 310/315 on motor, and a bit over 400/400 on spray.

i have run a best of 8.19 @ 83ish in the 1/8th.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Alrighte then I'll get up with him sometime in July! I got 2 more weeks in this hell hole and I'll be home.