Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Graphs | Power Comparisons | Dyno Truck List

New Dyno #'s with new cam, VID included

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 09:44 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice gain from the ***** cam that you had. lol. good luck with the heads.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<~~the guy with the stock rst..
hey man good to see ur run...
i started makin calls on mills today thanx to u guys.
problem is i am an old carbby ford guy, and dont understand half of the stuff ya'll talked about..
but plan on pickin ya'lls brains soon... i'll go see LG motorsports over here in wylie..
thats who does my dads builds.. see what he has to offer.. then plan on buggin the hell out ya'll
Old 01-10-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
thanks, that was with the cutout open, but I run 2 magnaflows in series.. both 1 round 3" 5X18 and 1 oval 3" 5X9X18 ( i think those are the specs)...
Did do runs with cutout closed to see if the tq comes up or maybe the truck intake?
Old 01-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 53RUSSELL
Did do runs with cutout closed to see if the tq comes up or maybe the truck intake?
This was on a different dyno, so it might be set up differently than the other one.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by forbes
<~~the guy with the stock rst..
hey man good to see ur run...
i started makin calls on mills today thanx to u guys.
problem is i am an old carbby ford guy, and dont understand half of the stuff ya'll talked about..
but plan on pickin ya'lls brains soon... i'll go see LG motorsports over here in wylie..
thats who does my dads builds.. see what he has to offer.. then plan on buggin the hell out ya'll
Good to meet you too! I grew up on carbs and SB fords, so it took awhile to get used to EFI and LSX type motors...

Originally Posted by 53RUSSELL
Both runs were with the cutout open, it might be in the tunning, this is my reason for thinking this...

I am basically runing the same timing as previous dyno run... However I am getting more grams/cyl than i was before, roughly .05-.06 in the higher RPM, and alot more in the lower rpm (probably the reason the cam has alot more mid range), see pics below to compare... So IMO i need to lower my timing down to compensate for more air being injested by the engine... Also if you look at the log i started getting some KR at 5200+, thus another reason to lower the timing back down...

Previous setup Grams/Cyl map

Current setup Grams/Cyl map

Also i was commanding a leaner mixture than i was on the the latest run...

So IMO lowering the timing down 2* and leaning it out might have some affect... Eventually after i swap out heads I am going to rent some dyno time to determine all this...
Old 03-25-2009, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

could it be that your flowing better so your compression is not as high. causeing the loss of tq. IDK just thinking out loud. good numbers let's the track numbers now.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NegraRCSB2X4auto
could it be that your flowing better so your compression is not as high. causeing the loss of tq. IDK just thinking out loud. good numbers let's the track numbers now.
lmao, this is an old thread man
Old 03-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NegraRCSB2X4auto
I dunno, honestly i think the cam was too big for my setup and that is why i lost TQ, basically turned my truck into a rice mobile...

But

my 60ft got better but i have never been able to beat my best time with my old cam... The truck is alot funner to drive with the new cam.. I have a custom grind cam sitting on the bench that will be going in shortly so hopefully 3rd times a charm for cam swaps.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

so the new cam gave up 14lb/ft for 13 extra whp. Awesome numbers for a 4.8 though!
Old 03-26-2009, 01:08 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NGA PLZ
so the new cam gave up 14lb/ft for 13 extra whp. Awesome numbers for a 4.8 though!
this is a couple months old, this is his second cam. the third is waiting to go in

Quick Reply: New Dyno #'s with new cam, VID included