Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

Divorce Fundraiser - Elks Lodge In Fall River, MA (10/28)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 11:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Divorce Fundraiser - Elks Lodge In Fall River, MA (10/28)

A friend of mine, who is also a "car guy" is going through a divorce that is starting to turn nasty. In a nutshell, he had to hire a private investigator to follow his soon to be ex and her boss while they were on a business trip in Memphis. That lead to him finding out that they have been seeing eachother for years (complete story below). She not only has been banging the boss for years, but she's also trying to get everything that she can out of my buddy in the divorce and she isn't being to good with the most important person in this, that is his 5 year old daughter. So, myself and a few friends are pooling our resources, calling in some favors and throwing a benefit party to try to help with his attorney fees.

This benefit will be held on Sunday, October 28 at 4:30. The location is -

Elks Lodge -
4500 N Main St
Fall River, MA.

Entertainment will be provided by a band that covers alot of '80s/'90s music. There will also be a DJ playing and we'll have Karaoke for the people that like to sing. There will be free food and the hall has a bar with very reasonably priced drinks. This could turn out to be a "car show" outside!

We're selling tickets in advance to help determine how much food will be needed -

Adults - $20.00
Children under 14 - $10.00

Tickets will be available at the door but advance purchase will be helpful. This way we can make sure nobody leaves hungry. You can order them through PayPal address tbyrne@tbyrne.com. There will be two $100.00 TBYRNE Motorsports gift certificates raffled off to the people that order tickets online before the event. You won't have to be there that day to win!

I tried to keep the info about short, if anyone wants to continue reading, the details of what happened are below -

My buddy's wife would work late most and take alot of business trips, she was always cold/mean to him and not even close to being the most affectionate person in the world. Once in awhile I would ask if he thought she was seeing someone else and he'd say no. He could call her at work and she'd pretty much always be there. Then I'd ask if there was anything going on with her boss. This is the guy she always traveled with. He said no. He would kid around with her about something going on but the wife said that she didn't find that guy attractive so there was no chance of that happening.

Jump ahead to a few months ago, he was starting to get really suspecious after he went into her car for something and came across an "I love you" card that, based on the way things were going, wasn't for him. This was a few days before a business trip. He ended up hiring a private investigator to follow them while they were away. That was the best money he has ever spent! They provided him with pictures, video, audio and a written play by play of everything that happened. The investigator stayed in the room next to him so he got all of the good stuff! The boss has been dipping his pen in the company ink for years! She admitted to seeing him for at least 2 years but other things show that they've been together alot longer. So my buddy moved her out of the house before they got back from trip. She is now staying with her mother and still seeing the other guy. His wife kicked him out after she found out what was going on.

The soon to be ex wife is now trying to screw him any way she can during the divorce. You would think that after what happened, she'd agree to terms that wouldn't cause the family any more pain. He draw up a very reasonable agreement and she shot everything down. It's still all about her! She took $5000. from their home equity line of credit a day before the divorce paperwork was filed, she expects him to pay half of her shopping and tanning bills (the other guy got all of the benefits from these), she wants him to take the depreciation hit with the house sells plus a bunch of things that I'm missing. Also, he would love to have full custody of his 5 year old daughter, she wants split custody along with full child support paid to her.

This is a guy that is truly a very, very good person. As I tell people, if I had a female friend that was single and needed a date, he'd be the person that I'd suggest.

In the end, I think the person that runs out of money first will give in and she really doesn't deserve to come out the winner here. This whole thing might seem a little off the wall, but I want to help him thought this. Plus, deep down I think I'm also doing this for all of the guys that have been screwed during a divorce. I might be one of them someday!

Thank you for reading!
Tom
Old 10-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Import Moderator

wont make it to the party itself but ill still donate, i hate seeing children involved in this kinda ****

keep us updated and best of luck to him and you guys wit the fundraiser
Old 10-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Set up a Paypal address I and would send money!
Old 10-03-2007, 11:49 AM
11 Second Truck Club

To cheat for that long at not be Man or Woman enough to come clean with youre spouse is pathetic they should be shot.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
Set up a Paypal address I and would send money!
Yoda??? lol jfwy, sorry couldnt make out what your trying to say there.. im illiterate

This is Tbyrnes if thats what you mean
PayPal address tbyrne@tbyrne.com
Old 10-05-2007, 09:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks guys!!! It's very much appreciated! The PayPal address that I'm using for this is tbyrne@tbyrne.com.

He has a court date the middle of next week. I don't think it's going to be something wher there is alot accomplished. She's trying to get whatever she can but then she will call and say "how are you doing". He nicely tells her to go away.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

I told my wife about this situation and see said we are going on the 28th. She hates trashy women and supports the guy trying to get his daughter. Tough deal.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Great! There's a bunch of guys coming from other boards so I can probably add car/truck show to the list! I mentioned that there is a band playing that day, he's the lead singer.