Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

dyno tuning in pgh?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyno tuning in pgh?

Found a few semi recent threads that mentioned rapid who is out east and pcm for less who is in OH and will travel but I just wanted to check and see if there is anyone new doing dyno tunes in the Pittsburgh area? I'll drive/haul the truck within a reasonable distance if I have to but if I can find one close that's reputable then I'll take it. Throwing a tvs1900 on at the end of summer I hope and I'd like to get my ducks in a row before I do.
Thanks guys.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

I am trying to think of who does them in Pittsburgh.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Admin

Actually Holty or Wkdivr may know.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:17 AM
On The Tree

Just thinking about it a little more, do you even think its worth me getting dyno tuned? I'm adding the charger to have a little more fun but mainly to make it a little easier to tow with. Justin from blackbear said he could in person tune it just fine but in reality, dyno tuning it would be safer, right? It's kinda 6 one way, half dozen the next. With him or anyone sitting in the passenger seat as i go down the road in real everyday driving with an actual load on the engine and at various throttle positions, would that not be better since you're seeing actual driving conditions rather than throwing it in 5th and punching the throttle all the way to redline? I'm a total noob to this so I"m kinda stuck here on what to do.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Admin

I would let Justin tune it, I wouldn't trust just any dyno. At least you know of Justin and know his background.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

You sir have a very valid point. Plus he's experienced with the magnuson chargers from having them on a few of his rides.
I wonder if he would fly in just for me or be required to just plan it out over the course of his typical PGH tune meets held in the spring and fall.
Thanks for the input
Old 06-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Notorious BIG

There is a shop that is newer up in Robinson Twp that has a dyno but i dont recall the name of it off the top of my head....let me search for it......Wolf pack speed is the name.

i dont know anything about them though. if you're not highly modded a in person black bear tune is more than suffice.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was just at Wolfpak Speed yesterday, and he does have a Dynojet. I don't know who does his tuning. There's also Grabiak Performance Center up by Pittsburgh Raceway Park. They have a dyno, and I think Bryan Herter does some of their tuning. Best bet would be to get in on one of Justin's group tunes when he comes to the area, or you can do a mail order tune from any of the major tuners. Personally......I think a dynotune is a waste of money, most of your driving is stoplight to stoplight, not at wide open throttle.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stranger ranger
Found a few semi recent threads that mentioned rapid who is out east and pcm for less who is in OH and will travel but I just wanted to check and see if there is anyone new doing dyno tunes in the Pittsburgh area? I'll drive/haul the truck within a reasonable distance if I have to but if I can find one close that's reputable then I'll take it. Throwing a tvs1900 on at the end of summer I hope and I'd like to get my ducks in a row before I do.
Thanks guys.
If you do the complete Magnuson kit, just use their canned tune for now. They're not the optimal way to do it, but not bad, either.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Admin

Originally Posted by wkdivr
I was just at Wolfpak Speed yesterday, and he does have a Dynojet. I don't know who does his tuning. There's also Grabiak Performance Center up by Pittsburgh Raceway Park. They have a dyno, and I think Bryan Herter does some of their tuning. Best bet would be to get in on one of Justin's group tunes when he comes to the area, or you can do a mail order tune from any of the major tuners. Personally......I think a dynotune is a waste of money, most of your driving is stoplight to stoplight, not at wide open throttle.
I agree with Bill 100%. Wide open tuning is easy to due, its the part throttle stuff that takes allot of tweaking and effects day to day driving the most.

Quick Reply: dyno tuning in pgh?