Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

Md Int'l Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
I can meet at the park and ride on 32 @ 70. It's not really ON the way, but not too far out of the way either.
That would put me about 30 miles north of where i am now. I could jump on 95 at rte 100 and run down to the weigh station/rest stop right at the 95/495 split and meet up there with you guys.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:29 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds fine to me. 32 and 70. park and ride...where is that...left correct? yeh, 70 east, make a left on 32 up on the left hand side? I don't remember. Holy crap Tim, I say that is definitely a stretch for being ON the way. LOL

If I get my **** together by then, I'll follow The Blue Breeze with directions, if not, I'll be riding shotgun in The Breeze.

so, what time is test and tune? figure an hour ride. what time is good for everyone to meet on 70?
Old 09-08-2006, 05:21 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It says it's 76 miles from my house. I'd say the park and ride is about 25 miles or so, and then Brian calculated another 65 or so from there, so I may have to either meet up with ya' somewhere on 95, or meet at the track. I usually go down 97 to 301, but it's a couple weeks off yet so we'll see. Isn't there a rest stop on 95 nearish Burtonsville?? I'll figure something out and get back at ya'.

BTW, anybody ever have any strange noises coming from their heater core? I flushed it and blew it out with compressed air and it seems to have gotten a little better, but I'm dreading that it is going to have to be replaced to get rid of this damn noise! Oh well, at first I thought it was a rocker arm. I bypassed the heater core with a hose barb yesterday and it went away, so I know it's coming from there. ????
Old 09-08-2006, 05:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
sounds fine to me. 32 and 70. park and ride...where is that...left correct? yeh, 70 east, make a left on 32 up on the left hand side? I don't remember. Holy crap Tim, I say that is definitely a stretch for being ON the way. LOL

If I get my **** together by then, I'll follow The Blue Breeze with directions, if not, I'll be riding shotgun in The Breeze.

so, what time is test and tune? figure an hour ride. what time is good for everyone to meet on 70?
Yea, its just north of the 70/32 junction on the left. I have taken more than a few naps in that lot....lol. Thats a long way north for me to back track, so i will probably just jump with you guys someplace on 95 south after the 95/100 junction. If you all are taking 32 to 95, then my best bet to meet up is going to be at the 95/495 split (unless i want to sit on the side of the road and wait...LOL). Not sure what time, but runs start at 10am according to the website. So maybe i can meet around 9am at the 95/495 split....should only be about a 45 minute ride from there.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:38 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Whippled sorry about that I did'nt meen to run ya so far out of you're way meeting on 95 somewhere sound's much more conveinant (sp) and around 9:00 sounds good also.

Badmofo I don't know how to get a rocker arm out of a heater core? lol.
I would just replace the core. Maybe you could meet at the same place on 95 with all of us.

Dewey I hope you get you're truck straitened out by then if not you're more then welcome to ride with me that's exactly where the park & ride is let's meet there at 8:30 or a maybe lil sooner maybe.

Last edited by Breeze; 09-08-2006 at 07:14 AM.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Staging Lane

gates open at 10, and close at 6. 30$ to run 40$ if you want n/t. and from experince there ill be in line early!!! they get packed most of the time.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by The Breeze
Whippled sorry about that I did'nt meen to run ya so far out of you're way meeting on 95 somewhere sound's much more conveinant (sp) and around 9:00 sounds good also.

Badmofo I don't know how to get a rocker arm out of a heater core? lol.
I would just replace the core. Maybe you could meet at the same place on 95 with all of us.

Dewey I hope you get you're truck straitened out by then if not you're more then welcome to ride with me that's exactly where the park & ride is let's meet there at 8:30 or a maybe lil sooner maybe.
That's prob. what I'll do, as far as meeting up goes, or meet there. I'm thinking replace the heater core is inevitable, but I'm sure that's a hell of a job. I'm hoping it goes away....but not counting on it.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You may just have some air trapped in the heater core. It makes a bubbling kinda sound. I will take a picture of the service manual on how to bleed it out.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
You may just have some air trapped in the heater core. It makes a bubbling kinda sound. I will take a picture of the service manual on how to bleed it out.
COOL.....I've tried a couple things and it's still Junk! I'm anxious to see the pictures...Thanks!
Old 09-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

DOH!, I forgot. Pics will be up tomorrow.....sometime.

Quick Reply: Md Int'l Raceway