Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

MIR Eastern Truck meet Oct 7

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So when is the official day and place now?
Old 08-10-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
*** October 7th ***

So who is up for it?

I figure if we set a date now that should be enough time for everyone to clear out a spot on their calendar.

MIR will be good for the VA guys and well, you western/northern MD guys will just have a long haul.

1. XLR8NSS(pending transmission)
2. Whippled 496(pending gas funds)
3. Dewmanshu(pending boss' approval)
4. The Breeze
5. BADMOFO
6. wkdivr
7. slownlow4.8
8. LARRY01Z28(Pending Navy's approval)
9. Quik
10. Mater
11. beastmode
12. silver-mod-o
13. Yenkonoma
100. ?
ADMIN,

Could you PLEASE make TWO SEPARATE LISTS or a MULTIPLE SELECTION POLL for both days, 22SEPT. and 07 OCT so EVERYONE will know who is planning on going on WHICH day/s. I can't be the only one that wants to know this ??
Signed,
Royal Pain in the ***

Thank you Sir...
Old 08-10-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well....unfortunately, I'm going to have to back out of the trip on Oct. 7th. I gotta go out to New Mexico for 3 months for work. Gotta make mod money! Driving my truck out, so that out to be a good test of the GT2-3; 90mm/DrX stuff on a Long trip! Sorry to have to do this....but work calls.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHot04
ADMIN,

Could you PLEASE make TWO SEPARATE LISTS or a MULTIPLE SELECTION POLL for both days, 22SEPT. and 07 OCT so EVERYONE will know who is planning on going on WHICH day/s. I can't be the only one that wants to know this ??
Signed,
Royal Pain in the ***

Thank you Sir...
Why don't you do it.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys, I am planning on making the trip. Can someone make a recommend on somewhere close to stay. Town, hotel wise. Not tooo expensive. Helmets required? but I'll look silly wearing my MX helmet running down the track. Anybody going bringing a jack? I'll prolly haul the stock tires and wheels there and change them at the track. Does the track sell Methanol? Maybe hook up with some of you guys Saturday somewhere?

Should be fun. Hope the weather is right.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:43 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oct 7th right? lol, the local guys to that track would have to tell ya about hotels and all. I got ya covered on meth Ky. MX helmet or not, you are gonna need one. They may hit ya up for a loop as well. I tell them in the inspection line I run a solid 12.5. They seem to go easy on ya, and don't pay much attention to when you're on the track running 12.2's (as far as loops go)

Weather better work out and The Breeze better get his **** running!

Originally Posted by KySilverado
Guys, I am planning on making the trip. Can someone make a recommend on somewhere close to stay. Town, hotel wise. Not tooo expensive. Helmets required? but I'll look silly wearing my MX helmet running down the track. Anybody going bringing a jack? I'll prolly haul the stock tires and wheels there and change them at the track. Does the track sell Methanol? Maybe hook up with some of you guys Saturday somewhere?

Should be fun. Hope the weather is right.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
Oct 7th right? lol, the local guys to that track would have to tell ya about hotels and all. I got ya covered on meth Ky. MX helmet or not, you are gonna need one. They may hit ya up for a loop as well. I tell them in the inspection line I run a solid 12.5. They seem to go easy on ya, and don't pay much attention to when you're on the track running 12.2's (as far as loops go)

Weather better work out and The Breeze better get his **** running!
Yeah the 7th. I got on their website and got addresses and hotel info, think I've got where to stay worked out. Looks like I'll be staying in Waldorf a few miles away.

If they ask me what it runs mid 12's will be the answer. I'm not up on real track regulations. Tracks around here aren't so strict. Would not have even thought about DS loops.

Primary reason I'm doing this is to meet some of you guys and see the trucks.
Hoping the turnout is good! Looks like Quick, Mater, wkdivr, are out? We need someone that knows the place to setup a Rally point so al the PT net trucks get in one place?

Last edited by KySilverado; 09-15-2007 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:04 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is a gas station across the street from the entrance kinda. i think its alttle before or after. alot of old folks hang out there. it might be a good place its a little rink-a-dink place but it would work.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:55 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by KySilverado
Yeah the 7th. I got on their website and got addresses and hotel info, think I've got where to stay worked out. Looks like I'll be staying in Waldorf a few miles away.

If they ask me what it runs mid 12's will be the answer. I'm not up on real track regulations. Tracks around here aren't so strict. Would not have even thought about DS loops.

Primary reason I'm doing this is to meet some of you guys and see the trucks.
Hoping the turnout is good! Looks like Quick, Mater, wkdivr, are out? We need someone that knows the place to setup a Rally point so al the PT net trucks get in one place?
I'm out of commision for awhile also.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by The Breeze
I'm out of commission for awhile also.
Dang. Really looking forward to meeting you and see THAT 2wd roll down the track. Tranny gone?

Quick Reply: MIR Eastern Truck meet Oct 7