Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

MIR Eastern Truck meet Oct 7

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beastmode
me and my wife and brandon (sleek silverado) & his family will be meetin up in baltimore saturday night, maybe we can all meet up together and hang out. i think me and brandon are gonna head down that night towards the track more but ill see what he wants to do

pm me if your interested Badmofo
Sounds cool! What do you guys have in mind?

Originally Posted by slownlow4.8
i was wondering what happened to you
Dude, I wouldn't know where to start...lol. Let's see, 2 week vacation, kid started High School, moved wifes Grandmother, working on house/garage, messin' around w/ the Belair, 50+hrs at work, some "slight" health issues,...etc, etc. Basically, just been busy. (and mildly depressed as my kids grow older)

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Damn, I figured you had sold your truck or something.

Bring some cash with ya, I have a used radix(most of it, ask Dewey for the rest ) and I'll even install it to make sure you don't sell it first.

I guess that means you took it off of your truck??? If that's the case, I might not need cash, maybe we can race heads up for it Maybe start our own East Coast **** talkin' version of the Grippy vs. BlownChevy saga
Seriously tho, no blower in my immediate future, but I didn't sell my truck either. It's the same as last time you saw it, which should be good for low 14's. "Settled" for a New Maxima as I couldn't see spending $5k to $10k more for a used Benz, which really didn't impress me as I hoped it would, and couldn't afford the layout for a new one. Got 1.9% financing on the Max, and the new CVT trans makes this thing feel like a LearJet...not speed wise, but smoooooooth wise. Anyhow, the wife looks good in it (lol), and that's my last 3 months in a nut shell. Do you still have the SS...I don't feel like searching right now, but do have some catching up to do in the next few days. Looking forward to seeing you guys again, and meeting some new people too. Later, T.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:17 AM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
What do you guys have in mind?
im not quite sure, im gonna get to the inner harbor wit my wife friday and were gonna hang out there for the day then find somewhere close to stay. then saturday probably hang out there for a lil longer than other than that i dunno bout brandon but im not to familiar wit the area so if you have any suggestions im completely open
Old 09-19-2007, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

I have been to the airport and I drove through Baltimore when I moved to RI. That is about all I know about the city. Any suggestions would be great!

BTW, not real sure what my truck is gonna run, but I might need a helmet.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BADMOFO

I guess that means you took it off of your truck??? If that's the case, I might not need cash, maybe we can race heads up for it Maybe start our own East Coast **** talkin' version of the Grippy vs. BlownChevy saga
Seriously tho, no blower in my immediate future, but I didn't sell my truck either. It's the same as last time you saw it, which should be good for low 14's. "Settled" for a New Maxima as I couldn't see spending $5k to $10k more for a used Benz, which really didn't impress me as I hoped it would, and couldn't afford the layout for a new one. Got 1.9% financing on the Max, and the new CVT trans makes this thing feel like a LearJet...not speed wise, but smoooooooth wise. Anyhow, the wife looks good in it (lol), and that's my last 3 months in a nut shell. Do you still have the SS...I don't feel like searching right now, but do have some catching up to do in the next few days. Looking forward to seeing you guys again, and meeting some new people too. Later, T.
Yeah man, I'll race you heads up, I just got to get Dewey to help me hook up my meth line.....yeah, it's a meth line. Still got the SS but, took the Radix off so I can get ready to get something new, thinking about one of those new 5.3L Canyons.

When you floor that CVT trans does it just go to max power rpm and stay there until it catches up speed wise? I'd love to have something like that in a truck.

Sounds like you've been busy, glad you found your way back to PT.net.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Import Moderator

Brandon i think anything in 13s is a helmet, id bring one just to be on the safe side, im bringing mine

anybody else come from north of the track up towards baltimore?

man we are gonna be able to get some sweet group pics
Old 09-19-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

they are not the strict there with the helmet rule. my buddies have high 12 sec cars and never had a helmet but that was midnight madness. but like bill said bring it just to be on the safe side
Old 09-19-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Where is a good place to buy one? Jeg's? If I had a stall I would be looking at low 13's, but I am thinking I will run borderline high 13's/ low 14's. Yeah for work in progress trucks!
Old 09-19-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Resident

i have motocross helmets you can use 1 of those if you don't want to buy 1
Old 09-19-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Addict

I probably need to buy one. I only plan on going faster! Thanks for the offer.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:58 AM
Import Moderator

id get one off ebay, i got mine for like $40 or something and its practically brand new

Quick Reply: MIR Eastern Truck meet Oct 7