Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

MIR Eastern Truck meet Oct 7

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think all of us worry about breaking something. Gotta love the 4l60e.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dewmanshu

Have you ever seen a plumbers plumbing? Drywallers walls? I am not embarrased to admit, I know where every one of those wires goes, but I am too damn lazy to clean them up.

I finally did though, still not great looking...but as long as it I am okay with it.

(disclaimer...I am not an "electrician" foresay, however I did sleep in a Holiday Express last weekend)
The plumbing in my house looks great, especially what was done by me. I'm a plumber by trade. Rigged a CAI set up using the passenger side fog light hole and some leftover PVC fittings. My truck is a stripper with the gray bumper and no fog lights.We'll see how it works.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:52 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did mention I was lazy right?
Old 09-22-2007, 08:28 AM
Import Moderator

so you not gonna make it KySilvy, i didnt even know there was still a chance you were?
Old 09-22-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by beastmode
so you not gonna make it KySilvy, i didnt even know there was still a chance you were?
Still on the fence. I have a buddies truck lined up to tow. Got to reading a bit and anything over 3000lbs has to have trailer brakes in VA and MD. KY doesn't have such restricitons. Imagine that. Anyway that knocked out the trailer I had in mind. Uhaul, Budget only rent trailers for up to 4000 lbs. I'll have to check some specialty rental places around. If I find one bet it would be expensive.

Drive it every day. Hard at times. It's been down the track dozens of times. Nothing is wrong with it. No worries about driving it there, but I've said it before. Put 600 miles between you and home with a deadline to getting there and it makes you paranoid.

I REALLY want to go.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:25 AM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by KySilverado
Still on the fence. I have a buddies truck lined up to tow. Got to reading a bit and anything over 3000lbs has to have trailer brakes in VA and MD. KY doesn't have such restricitons. Imagine that. Anyway that knocked out the trailer I had in mind. Uhaul, Budget only rent trailers for up to 4000 lbs. I'll have to check some specialty rental places around. If I find one bet it would be expensive.

Drive it every day. Hard at times. It's been down the track dozens of times. Nothing is wrong with it. No worries about driving it there, but I've said it before. Put 600 miles between you and home with a deadline to getting there and it makes you paranoid.

I REALLY want to go.
i hear ya there man. luckily if something on my truck breaks i can call my buddy as a last resort and i know hell come get my truck for the price of gas and food as opposed to a $1500 tow bill
my buddies jeep broke down when he was heading to NC so id say about 450 miles or so, he had no choice but to call my friend with the HD to come get him, sure enough Chris did, i think the total bill was about $400 just casue of gas (CCSB 8.1 lol) & other stuff not bad considering he got a quote for $1700
Old 09-22-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

I have a back up as well, but it is a last resort type thing. Otherwise I would offer it to others in case, but I do not want to do that to the guy I know.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Well after me running my personal best at MIR on the 16th, I'm pretty much sold on this track, as I did it on STREET TIRES.... its one good, hooking summummabich... I'm trying to beg, borrow, and steal a day off right now in order to make it out to this T&T session to meet some of you guys. I really want to meet some of you guys in person as I have talked/done business/seen you around here the past couple years.

My biggest question is, if I can make it up, does anyone have a couple tires I could throw on this thinig for a run or two?? or maybe even buy from you?? I know for a fact this thing will go DEEP 12's on some better tires... I just dont know if I got the scratch to make the trip, and buy new slicks. not after paying my lawyer anyway LOL...
Old 09-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Import Moderator

ben if you want, towards the end of the day ill take my et street radials off early and throw my street tires back on, then we can put the ets on your truck. i just dont wanna have to take em off twice ya know
Old 09-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by beastmode
ben if you want, towards the end of the day ill take my et street radials off early and throw my street tires back on, then we can put the ets on your truck. i just dont wanna have to take em off twice ya know
I dont want you to have to end your day early bro... I appreciate the offer, but I was really looking for someone with a spare set thats maybe old and worn that they wouldnt mind letting me make some passes on. I dont want you to cut your track day short just because I wanna run LOL... thats a stand-up thing to offer though bro.

Quick Reply: MIR Eastern Truck meet Oct 7