Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

NoVa, Maryland, Penn, Ride for Pride Sept 8th

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default NoVa, Maryland, Penn, Ride for Pride Sept 8th

Its time for the Fbody hideout's annual Ride for Pride. I'm going up with a couple guys from down here. Its mainly an Fbody event but this one's geared mainly toward the patriotic type person. The ride/cruise is in remebrance of the victims of Sept 11 2001 and also in recognition of the warfighters still out there defending us right now as I type this and ones who have gone before in the War on Terror such as myself. Its a big event and surely an emotional one. Here's the details cut and pasted directly from their website.

When: Saturday, September 8, 2007.

Time: RFP will depart at 2:00PM. Some of us will arrive around Noon, to detail cars or catch up with those we have not seen in awhile, etc.

Staging area: Cameron Run Regional Park. 4001 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, Va.
http://www.nvrpa.org/parks/cameronrun/index.php

Directions to the staging area: From I 95 North and South, take Exit 174, you will be put onto the Eisenhower Avenue Connector. Make a right turn onto Eisenhower Avenue. Cameron Run Park will be on the left about a half-mile up.

Duration/Distance: RFP will travel 75 to 80 miles, and last about 2 hours.

Route: From Cameron Run Park, we will turn right onto Eisenhower Avenue and proceed to the first traffic light. We will turn left onto the Eisenhower Avenue Connector, and proceed to the first traffic light. We will turn left onto the on-ramp for I 495 East/I 95 North. We will continue around the Capitol Beltway (I 495), into Maryland and then back into Virginia. We will then exit onto I 395 North, and take Exit 8B, heading to the Pentagon. We will take the exit for the Pentagon North Parking, and finish the cruise there.

Afterward: I hope to have a place to eat/relax/chat/etc. lined up for us.

Conduct: No burnouts, No donuts, No racing, we are not at the track. BE RESPONSIBLE. RFP had it's first accident last year, lets not have a repeat.

Vehicles allowed: FBody V6/V8, Mustang/Cobra V6/V8, Corvette, Viper, GTO new and old, GN/GNX/GrandNational, Impala SS new/old, old-school/classic muscle car/hotrod, GM/Ford/Chrysler nameplates, stuff like that. Also consider this statement by D. Charleton from a few years ago ... "It's not like if you show up you'll be turned away."

Please be sure to bring/have an American flag to put on your car, or something to show support for our servicemen/women.

Please be sure you have enough fuel for the cruise. There is a gas station not too far, and I will give directions to any who ask.

This year's cruise has alot to live up to. Please help me make this 'a cruise to remember'. Lets come together and show that we remember what happened on that awful day. Lets come together and show that we support our servicemen/women. Lets come together and show that the 'American-Car-Enthusiast' is more than just that!
Old 08-29-2007, 06:10 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

its happening not this weekend but next.... no takers????
Old 08-29-2007, 09:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no takers huh ben? To bad for them!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:43 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
no takers huh ben? To bad for them!
I guess not bro... they are missing out!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 01:50 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Ben believe me I would love go but this is my busy time of year as I have a lot of work to do which sucks cause there is never anything to do in the like this in the winter when Im not so busy at work so have fun I wish I could go.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

oh, its all good bro... I just really wish more people could. I like to see people come out and support if possible. if its not possible, hey... no biggie... hit the cruise up next year.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know I'd be down if my **** was running... but I won't be cruising it in the rental.

Y'all enjoy though
Old 08-29-2007, 02:41 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
oh, its all good bro... I just really wish more people could. I like to see people come out and support if possible. if its not possible, hey... no biggie... hit the cruise up next year.
I know I just felt the need to explain myself for what ever reason but hopefully I will see you Oct 7th at Mir.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Originally Posted by The Breeze
I know I just felt the need to explain myself for what ever reason but hopefully I will see you Oct 7th at Mir.
Its all good buddy. hopefully I can make it back up there for that!!!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I may show up with my new truck... but it all depends on the wife.... (not taking the race car this year)

Quick Reply: NoVa, Maryland, Penn, Ride for Pride Sept 8th