Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beastmode
Ok guys, how does April 26th at Pittsburgh Raceway Park sound? Any suggestions welcome... lets get this thing on the move! Track closes at 5 so afterwards we can all head out and grab something to eat... and i think Holty was volunteering to have a cookout at his house on Sunday the 27th

http://pittsburghracewaypark.com/ind...=view&extid=10
Bill,

Just a thought...

TnT @ PRP is usually very busy on a Saturday (especially early in the season - damn imports). How many people are planning on making it to this meet? If there are many trucks (25+), then you might want to look into a track rental for a day. If only a few plan on racing, then it'll be fine.

I only live about 15 minutes from the track. For the guys who are afraid of breaking, there are plenty of resources around the area to get you back on the road. I have a friend with a race car fab shop that is two miles from the track & he works at the track as well, plus JJs Automotive isn't too far with lots of GM truck salvage parts.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Import Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Tod,

Thanks for posting up
As it sits it doesnt seem like we will have enough to do a track rental unfortunately... id post on PS as well but not sure i wanna deal with most of the drama that comes with it lol... maybe ill post on LSx and see if anyone would be interested as well. Plus i think alot of these guys are gonna have to do it on the weekend as there traveling from far, maybe we could rent it on a friday?

Would anyone be interested in a track rental??
Old 02-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Tod,

Thanks for posting up
As it sits it doesnt seem like we will have enough to do a track rental unfortunately... id post on PS as well but not sure i wanna deal with most of the drama that comes with it lol... maybe ill post on LSx and see if anyone would be interested as well. Plus i think alot of these guys are gonna have to do it on the weekend as there traveling from far, maybe we could rent it on a friday?

I was thinking a Friday. I should have added that in my post.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

Street and Map says it will take 4 hours to there ......... ummmmm
Old 03-02-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Tod,

Thanks for posting up

Never a bad idea if you have enough participation. It is usually worth the extra cash to have the track to yourself. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Import Moderator

Last time we rented it it was $1500 for like 5 hours if i remember... which if each member kicks in $50 thats only 30 ppl.

Ill call PRP tomorrow and ask if they would have a track rental available April 25th (if thats still suitable for everyone who would be attending) then well see who all we can get involved in this. Regular track fee is like $25/day anyways.. I def wouldnt mind payin an extra $25-$35 to not ahve to wait in line
Old 03-02-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

get a list of definite paying attendants, before you reserve the track.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Import Moderator

Ya, i am waiting to hear back from PRP, just contacted them... i know you can privately rent one lane and they just have the other lane shutdown, it cost less than renting both lanes cause that was what we did when Brandon King was in charge of it. We had about 20 guys and it was $50/person if i remember correctly
Old 03-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Import Moderator

Not so sure im gonna make this one, dunno if the parts will be in in time
Old 03-25-2008, 07:28 PM
TECH Addict

I am working on getting my truck together. What parts do you need?

Quick Reply: Pittsburgh Meet