Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

PRIVATE TRACK RENTAL - CECIL COUNTY November 14th

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 02:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation PRIVATE TRACK RENTAL - CECIL COUNTY November 14th

The 2009 FALL SUPERSTALLIONS of the NET Private track rental racer tickets are now available.

Saturday, November 14, 2009 @ Cecil County Dragway

Gates Open at 8
RACING STARTS at 9am and ends at 4pm

Grudge matches, "No Times", Motorcycles, Trucks, etc...

ALL MAKES and MODELS are WELCOME!

Racer ticket limit is 185 cars and as everyone who has been to one of these rentals knows...the track is prepped and usually HOOKS HARD on these rental days.

YES, there is NHRA tech that you and/or your car are expected to pass, so don't cry if you pay $50 to make one banzai 9 second pass with not so much as a rollbar, and are asked to park it for the rest of the day...as that can and/or will happen.

For ticket purchasing INFO:

http://www.superstallions.com/racing/default.aspx

You can also email me directly with any questions:
rel3rd@comcast.net

Please Note:
When the 185 spots are gone...they are gone. Period.
Please do not email me asking for a ticket a week before the rental. I've done this is in the past and more often than not, it bites me in the azz...

Old 10-23-2009, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

Exclamation

Here is a very important update:

FWIW... The payment cutoff date for mailing is October 27th (postmarked for checks)
and the prepayment cutoff date for paypal is October 30th.
Anything after that will need to be gate payment at an increased rate as normal.
(that is of course the event is not sold out before the event date)
No spots will be reserved or held...

Old 10-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only prob i see her for the truck guys in md-pa-va-dl is that our truck meet is that same weekend.. If you did it on a diff date I m sure you would get alot more(truck guys) to go. I dunno howmay f bod guys go.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Only prob i see her for the truck guys in md-pa-va-dl is that our truck meet is that same weekend.. If you did it on a diff date I m sure you would get alot more(truck guys) to go. I dunno howmay f bod guys go.
ooops. Didn't know about any truck meet, just sharing the info for a day of racing on a prepped track in the cool Cecil air...

If the payment page is right, and the PM's and feedback I'm getting from LS1tech is accurate, there looks to be 20+ F bodies paid up so far...which is up from the Spring event.

Woulda been nice to see some locals from here try and beat up on the many Lightnings that show up...

We have two rentals a year.
Maybe see some of you in April?

Old 10-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well hell it sounds like you have a good meet starting already... I would def like to make one.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It just bums me out with the NHRA Tech deal. I understand it, I am not whining too much, I understand business liability and all, but I'd love to run some low 11's without being shut down at a track rental.

But yeah, if the 15th truck meet keeps us away this go around be sure to advertise the rental in april next year!
Old 10-23-2009, 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Well hell it sounds like you have a good meet starting already... I would def like to make one.
John, there's definitely a WIDE variety of vehicles there, always.
Prepaids are up to 105 racers total with a week left for payment.
I'd pretty much guarantee it sells out with the 185 racer limit by then.
It's always a good time. I've been to every one since 1999. This year's event will allow me to hand off the racing duty to my 17 year old...He's a lot more ready for that than the wife is, LOL...

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
It just bums me out with the NHRA Tech deal. I understand it, I am not whining too much, I understand business liability and all, but I'd love to run some low 11's without being shut down at a track rental.

But yeah, if the 15th truck meet keeps us away this go around be sure to advertise the rental in april next year!
You'll probably also understand that I "have to" mention that, being I am involved with the sponsoring site of the event, but the reality of it is that their "tech" (in general), is not as hard nosed as most assume it will be. You didn't hear that from me.

I've seen people go a bit quicker than you mention, without so much as a rollbar, so luck may have a little to do with it. I've personally been 10.20's @ 132-133 with just a rollbar and an SFI jacket and helmet, but I've seen a guy get booted for running an 11.98 (when 11.99 was the break point). I think a lot has to do with how straight and smoothly your car or truck goes down the track too. My car always went straight as an arrow, but the 11.98 guy's car was all over the track banging gears, trying to run the number...That seems to pop the red flag up...