Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

Race Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Race Fuel

looking for someplace in the Baltimore area that sells 100 octane (or higher) at the pump. I figured this would be the place to put this. Trying to find out if this is knock I have is real or not.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:47 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i was gonna suggest you grab some. ask badmofo for the baltimore area. we have some places around frederick that sell it. I know MIR carries it.

just remember using it to see if the knock is real makes for tuning on the spot hard IMO. You know what I mean? by putting it in you have a higher threshold for spark now. So when you run out of race gas, your spark is too high again(if you changed it). So...if you put it in for the track, and the knock goes away, at least you know it's real and can race for the day and deal with the re-tune later once you out of race gas.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
i was gonna suggest you grab some. ask badmofo for the baltimore area. we have some places around frederick that sell it. I know MIR carries it.

just remember using it to see if the knock is real makes for tuning on the spot hard IMO. You know what I mean? by putting it in you have a higher threshold for spark now. So when you run out of race gas, your spark is too high again(if you changed it). So...if you put it in for the track, and the knock goes away, at least you know it's real and can race for the day and deal with the re-tune later once you out of race gas.
Well, i was actually concerned with just trying to see if the knock was real or not. I wasnt even thinking about the track at all to be honest. I need to find out why this thing knocks at such extremely low timing. I have lowered the timing so much that its rediculous and the KR remains. its there at WOT and even low load low areas. But this is not the place for me to complain about performance..... . Thanks for the tip DEW, i will see if MADFOBO <- LOL...chimes in. That was a typo, but i think i will leave it, it works for him.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Whippled 496
i will see if MADFOBO <- LOL...chimes in. That was a typo, but i think i will leave it, it works for him.
LOL that's a great typo. I like it!!!

I was just saying that in case you come to the track with race gas in and expecting to be able to tune. Nope, putting race gas in it now would be cool.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:17 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How far are ya from the key bridge?. There is a place in my town(edgemere) that sells cam 2 and 10*, not sure but it is def over a hundred oct.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

I am in Pasadena. Its about 5 miles from the Key Bridge. I work just off of Fort Smallwood rd, right around the corner from the Key Bridge. Got an address and a name of the place?
Old 09-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Baltimore Whore

Ok after you come across the bridge, It will be your second exit, I beleive it is exit 43(edgemer/fort howard). Take that exit, make a left at the flashing red. You will be on Bethlem blvd. You will pass threw 2 stop lights on that road, will start coming up a slight hill, at the bottom of the hill is another stop light. Go threw the stop light (strait), follow the road it will bare to the right. Just stay on that road and the gas station is at the next light on you right hand side across the street from edgemer elementry school. The name of the gas station is called HOBBS, the pumps that you will want are next to the building. Bring a gas can, because it has been awhile since i have got the 10* stuff, if they don't have it there, they have cam 2. If this isn't clear let me know.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

Bring a gas can? They dont have it at the pump?
Old 09-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by Whippled 496
Bring a gas can? They dont have it at the pump?

Yah they have it at teh pump, but if they wouldn't have the 10* Then you could get the cam in a can, because I don't think you can pump the cam into the truck..
Old 09-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most places (almost all) won't allow you to pump it right into the truck due to regulations and what not. There is a Sunoco on Hospital Drive in Glen Burnie that sells it, there is a little "no name" gas station on Furnace Branch Road just on the other side of RT 10 going from Ritchie Highway that sells it (not sure about unleaded anymore) or, you could go to Jerry Jackson's Machine shop on Ridge Road in Hanover and get some of the good **** from VP race fuels. I like the C10, but he's a cool guy and him or his wife (she actually ported a set of heads for me years ago!) can help with a recomendation for fuel type. I don't think Hobbs has unleaded, but they might. You could also call Jason at FBC, he could prob. get a can of VP (comes in 5 gallon cans) or tell you where to get it, but I think he gets it from Jackson's. I think Hospital Drive sells that GT100 Sunoco stuff that you can pump right into the truck.

"Who's your Daddy?"

What's up with the typo? You guys picking on me again?

Last edited by XLR8NSS; 09-19-2006 at 02:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Race Fuel