Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

RI Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RI Inspection

Where is a good place to go? Where is a crooked inspector (PM me on this one)? I need to get the beater inpspected tomorrow. Still on the hunt to find a place to get the truck inspected. Thanks ya'll.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm sure over on tech someone will be able to help you out. not too many RI truck guys here.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

'sleek RI is pretty corrrupt. ya kinda gotta be known or "know" in order to get what you need. if you don't know anyone pay stupid and go to a local shop "near you"...

oh yeah,yuou have a pm
Tim

(yes,I live in RI,unfortunatly)
Old 12-10-2007, 03:54 PM
TECH Addict

So no cats is not as bad as 20% tint??? I think I might ride around with Texas plates for awhile.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:23 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I've never had problem getting inspected with tint. Havnt had to be inspected without cats yet. Let me know where you end up going.

Josh
Old 12-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

...so you don't need help?

didn't say I couldn't help you..said tint is gonna be a problem!!!

the "right" station can run a check off your port under the dash for "sniffer". simple no light no worries. you don't always have to do the exhaust port. it's got nothing to do with window tint.

I have 15% tint,lowered, different color on the truck,no cat etc....I passed with flying colors on the emissions it's the "Visual" that gets you...

I got pulled over not too long ago buy a staty asking why the color says black on the reg but the truck has more silver.

..roll them plates...with tint,and in a matter of time,you'll still get pulled over and then they'll find your residence in Cranston...your gonna have a problem.

I've lived here for 36yrs dude,trust me.

Josh you just got lucky or you know somebody.

Last edited by Redline-'59; 12-11-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

No, I want help. My SES goes on and off. The visual inspection is what I am afriad of.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your truck is pretty low. i don't know if the inspector would take the time to jack it up, crawl under and look for cats. i say you go try it. if they look and say "you have no cats" say "it doesn't throw any codes though. plug it in and check". if he says that doesn't matter, just back out and go on your merry way.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

...exactly.

if the shop is cool he really wno't care that it's lowered...just not scraping the bumpers. he also won't give two ***** about cats because if it plugs and clears it don't matter. mine did. as far as the tint goes,the only thing you can do is find a place that is willing to work with you and wave the tint in hopes that you "did it after it was inspected"...then if you do get pulled over and it IS inspected you'll simple tell him "I just did it" and he'll insue you a 5 day repair tag...then you'll HAVE to remove it...I've removed and restuck so many times I lost count!...

anyways...I can't give you my source but you can try a couple of shops in the area. wing it. if your REALLY stcuk let me know via p'm and we'll try and get you squared away.

Tim
Old 12-15-2007, 09:00 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

If your engine light goes on/off then you more than likely won't pass the plug in test.

Last edited by BlownChevy; 12-15-2007 at 11:03 AM.

Quick Reply: RI Inspection