Summit Truckfest 2011

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 10:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fortplainman
too far for me lol.
+1........1234316612

Would love to check out some of these events some day...
Old 08-30-2011, 10:58 AM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
Last time I went to Summit we almost died.
Originally Posted by Holty
True story!
Your supposed to go when its nice out... not pouring down rain
Old 08-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by beastmode
Your supposed to go when its nice out... not pouring down rain
with bald tires no less.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:55 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im in dependent on weather or last min. emergency at work haha.

Dewey Spill the beans on the near death ****!

Really hope to meet as many PTnet members as possible, but my truck is hardly show worthy so im parking in the back LOL
Old 08-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It was pouring down rain, pouring. Holty was in passenger seat. Kooner (XLRNSS) was behind me and wkdivr (weekend driver LOL) was behind Holty. I am cruising at about 70MPH on the highway with the cruise control on. My tires are f-ing bald. BALD. It is pouring down rain. We hit an overpass bridge and as we cross it the truck slowly starts to go side ways. Me and Kooner are headed toward a guard rail. Long story short, back and forth, back and forth I saved it. I nearly **** my pants though. I missed that dead end guard rail by a mere f-ing 20'. It would have killed kooner instantly. It was super long 5 seconds. Felt like minutes. Holty grabbed the oh **** bar and started chanting, "oh no not again!". he crashed his truck if you remember in the snow real bad. Skilled driving? maybe. scared? hell yess. My heart rate was at least 200 after we got straight and slowed down. I was for sure I was gonna kill kooner, F me and wkdivr up...for sure. I had to tap the brake to get the cruise off. Just imagine, that cruise kept trying to get our speed back to 70mph while we were sideways. It was pretty damn hairy. Once we got straight, I laughed all the way to Summit.

If I get my plugs firing and can find a few extra bucks I may come up. No promises.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:53 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

It was pouring down rain, pouring. Holty was in passenger seat. Kooner (XLRNSS) was behind me and wkdivr (weekend driver LOL) was behind Holty. I am cruising at about 70MPH on the highway with the cruise control on. My tires are f-ing bald. BALD. It is pouring down rain. We hit an overpass bridge and as we cross it the truck slowly starts to go side ways. Me and Kooner are headed toward a guard rail. Long story short, back and forth, back and forth I saved it. I nearly **** my pants though. I missed that dead end guard rail by a mere f-ing 20'. It would have killed kooner instantly. It was super long 5 seconds. Felt like minutes. Holty grabbed the oh **** bar and started chanting, "oh no not again!". he crashed his truck if you remember in the snow real bad. Skilled driving? maybe. scared? hell yess. My heart rate was at least 200 after we got straight and slowed down. I was for sure I was gonna kill kooner, F me and wkdivr up...for sure. I had to tap the brake to get the cruise off. Just imagine, that cruise kept trying to get our speed back to 70mph while we were sideways. It was pretty damn hairy. Once we got straight, I laughed all the way to Summit.

If I get my plugs firing and can find a few extra bucks I may come up. No promises.
Example A of why you should not use cruise in heavy rain... haha. I remember hearing about that from Josh and Bill. Come on up Dewey.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:13 PM
TECH Veteran

F that..

Have had some similar experiences up here with what I thought was dry pavement and ended up being glare ice.....
Old 09-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Admin

Ok so who is going and where are we meeting? Bill, we could meet up in Chippewa if you want. Tim, I guess we will just meet you there. We need to time it so we can all park together. What time is everyone planning to get there? I don't want to get there too late as to not have to park in bum fuct egypt.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:41 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Probly should meet around 8 or so ? Give me a shout and lemme know.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:33 AM
Admin

Flashlight drags fri at Beaverun.

Quick Reply: Summit Truckfest 2011