Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

Weekend in Washington, PA

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008 | 11:39 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Weekend in Washington, PA

Well, myself and XLR8NSS (John) headed up to Holty homestead this weekend to be part of Holty using juice for the first time. Unfortunately the track day was rained out. However, we were certainly taken care of. Holty and his wife are awesome people and for all of you that know him and his wife, you certainly don't need me to tell you that. His wife fuggin rocks. She is a cooking animal. LOL Sweetest person. I am really pleased to see her "loosening" up this time as well, she was a little more out of her shell. I can't compliment the two of them enough. Just simply great people who go out of there way to take care of their guests. Sucks to be home now, gotta do **** for myself. Friday night we met with 03Sierraslt (Pat) and his lovely and attractive bride. Pat has come a long way since I first met him. Mr Tuner he is now. If we could just get him off the Kenny Bell train he'll be that much better. wkdivr (Bill) was there as well. Another great guy. Very nice and holy **** I think he has even been to the moon and some parts of Saturn before. This guy has been every where. Hell, you've probably have met him at your local track.

Even though it rained on track day we were certainly not without "truck" fun times. On Friday, Holty did a small run (without gas) from a dead stop. Guys, this truck launches like a fuggin pro stock car. XLR8NSS will tell ya, he thought he lost a rib or two in the launch. I have a very hard time believing this truck has never been in the 11's. I just don't believe it.

Saturday we took a ride to wkdivr's shop to watch him unsuccessfully put a radio in his Colorado. Took a gander at all of his parts and projects. Man, I need to become a welder. This guy makes me jealous. Crafty young man there.

After that Bill and Holty talked John and me to go to Summit Racing in Ohio. What a damn drive. I could of went home and back. Probably would of been safer as well. It was pouring down rain and I have Michelin's that are a "tad worn out". I don't know what the big deal is. They work fine...when it's not wet out. We crossed a bridge with cruise control on at 70mph. John and Bill are in the back seat messing with the GPS thingy and I am looking for Summit Racing on my cell phone...then I notice the truck has left building. We start a lovely hydroplane. INSTANTLY everybody has noticed we are now headed towards a guard rail instead of the humble and safe open highway. In a split second we have went from safe to fucked. The guard rail is the type that is a dead end. Huge orange freaking target on it. It was calling me...pulling me in. It was like a fugly chic at the bar and you are on your 8th tequilla shot. You know it's not gonna be good but you just can't turn away. Well, with one hand on the steering wheel, one hand on the phone, and cruise control still on I managed to get her straightened out, but certainly not with out with making everyone **** themselves. All in all, I thought it was a good experience. We didn't crash and our adrenaline levels were raised to the roof for a matter of 5 seconds. What more could you want. About an hour later once we arrived at Summit Racing, Holty was still holding the oh **** bar and his knuckles were white.

Later that evening once we returned Bill back to his shop we were at stop light and the light turned green...this chic in front of me didn't go. HONK HONK...she's just sitting there. I ask Holty if I can go and he says with a semi-resistant voice "uhm...yeah" SO I proceeded to let everybody in that intersection get a first hand look at what happens when a 5800 lb extended cab truck with a 6.0/Blower decides to go instantly with 2wd. It was fuggin awesome. We needed to make a left at that light and cross a bridge. We were sideways all the way across the bridge.

Ahhh, it was good time! Again, Thanks Josh and Jess, you guys are awesome. Nice seeing Pat, his wife, and Bill again too!
Old 05-05-2008 | 11:51 AM
High on diesel fumes

Awwww Dewey, I think you're in love.

Sounds like an awesome weekend
Old 05-05-2008 | 11:59 AM
Import Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend... wish I didnt have to pull a 70 hour week last week

Josh & Pat... sorry I never got a chance to get back to ya fellas... it was a crazy week
Old 05-05-2008 | 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by thunder550
Awwww Dewey, I think you're in love.

Sounds like an awesome weekend
Between Holty's wife and Pat's? Yeah I know Holty's more so maybe her. However, there's that part of you that wants what you don't know...like Pat's wife. Hoepfully next time beastmode shows up with his lovely lady.

Originally Posted by beastmode
Sounds like you guys had a great weekend... wish I didnt have to pull a 70 hour week last week

Josh & Pat... sorry I never got a chance to get back to ya fellas... it was a crazy week
Yeah everybody was talking about you. They were all butt hurt you didn't call back.
Old 05-05-2008 | 01:40 PM
Notorious BIG

good times for sure, we loved having you guys up.
Old 05-05-2008 | 02:06 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lmao, i heard you ALL were ghost white for quite a while after that near trajedy.....i will not divulge my sources. Thank god you pulled out of it, if not for your experience driving with one hand on the wheel and the other on the phone things could have ended up very bad!

I'm really bummed Holty didn't get to run the 1/4....I was on the edge of my seat all weekend waiting for the word of a new 6.0L/122 record!! I even did a sun dance but I must have got it wrong and done the rain dance instead.
Old 05-05-2008 | 02:17 PM

Don't let your "source" fool you. I was white from laughing at John asking for toilet paper. I think Bill was the only one with color actually. He must have been through that a few times before.
Old 05-05-2008 | 02:29 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bet.....you ever ride in the backseat?? lmao!
Old 05-05-2008 | 03:16 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Dewey pretty much covered everything in his first very long winded post.

It was great to meet everyone and put faces with the usernames.

Dewey's description of Bill is spot on. The guy has been everywhere, met everyone, and done everything at least once, very . That radio was sure kicking his *** though.

Pat - If I had a few more drinks I might have argued with you a little bit about the radix/KB boost thing. Just messing, Pat is a great guy to hang out with too!

Overall a very good weekend even though we didn't get to the track with the Red Rocket SS and almost died.

Josh and Jess - Thanks for hosting
Old 05-05-2008 | 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

It was great that you guys got to come up. I'll have to make it down there one of these days.........Oh.....by the way......**** that stock radio, I just ordered a Pioneer head unit, and some JBL speakers.

Hey, we all had fun, and got to talk truck stuff all weekend. Although.....there WAS that one moment when I thought "oh ****,that's going to leave a mark!!" I don't know about anyone else, but I think Dewey did a HELL of a job pullin us out of a jam! Hope we can get some track time on Holty's truck before I have to leave for Bangkok on the 31'st.

"Which way to the BoomBoom Room?"

Quick Reply: Weekend in Washington, PA