Events & Show Discussion Races | Events | Shows

Official Houston Performance Truck Shootout Date

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 11:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Track was prepped really well with CRISCO. As usual, Baytown track has no teeth. Wasted my time and money tonight. I managed a 12.9 at 116!!! Great turnout. I'd say 3,000 people....
Old 04-16-2011, 11:55 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You must have been one that ran after someone spilled cause ive been here both nights and couldnt ask for a better hooking track. Either that or you need some suspension. There was more than 7k people here today according to Flaco. Very impressed with this event. I will be back next year.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Launching!

I had some decent runs:12.6@110 n/a Was pissed that they ran out of nitrous by 4pm my times would of improved drasticaly.I have never seen so many trucks in 1 place.Next year they should really think about bracket racing with the amount of trucks there.Didnt hang around to see who won the shoot out.There was only a handfull of trucks that I seen that was going to run for the money.Had a good time and cant wait for the next one.And my bottle will be full before go next time.Lol Mike
Old 04-17-2011, 01:44 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

That event was crazzzy! I'm not trying to be a racist or complain at all but I felt like I was in Mexico. lol. Tejano music blarring everywhere, fighting, crazy/inconsiderate driving in the pits.........

I do have to applaude the guys/shops that put this event on, the turnout was incredible, dwarfing any of the SAR truck events. Turnout seemed like it doubled from last years event in Sealy. I wish I could have been there running my junk.

I didn't get to stay till the end, how many trucks competed in the Quick 16? What was the No.1 qualifying spot? Who won?
Old 04-17-2011, 09:07 AM
12 Second Truck Club

That aint no joke. Especially towards the end when waiting on the big boys to race. It started getting out of hand but it was still a blast. Only thing i entered in was the burnout competetion and it was a joke. The guy that blew his tires shouldve won hands down not some guy just cause he had 26s.

I wish i couldve met some others in person but i had no idea what anyone looked like besides Flaco and Spike. I have to say those are some nice down to earth guys. Answered any questions i had without being stuckup or anything.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I made 2 passes, both 12.74 at 108.7. Was running out of fuel above 5K. Even short shifted the second pass at 5K and fuel system still wasn't happy. I needed a lot more time to get my truck running right. Has way more in it, but was way to crowded for me. 2400 miles is a long way to drive for 2 passes,
Old 04-17-2011, 10:57 AM
Teching In

The Event Was A Good Turn Out Lots Of Trucks.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:31 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bluchevypick
You must have been one that ran after someone spilled cause ive been here both nights and couldnt ask for a better hooking track. Either that or you need some suspension. There was more than 7k people here today according to Flaco. Very impressed with this event. I will be back next year.
I was waiting at the tree after the Silver Lightning dumped oil on the track. I was lined up with him and something told me to let him make a single.... Waited 5 minutes after my burn out and then wasn't allowed to make another burn out. Spun thru 3rd gear just like my first pass. I was running my 1/8th mile tires but they hook at HMP.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Alot of spectators, they said there were 7k+ spectators
Old 04-17-2011, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Blown06
That event was crazzzy! I'm not trying to be a racist or complain at all but I felt like I was in Mexico. lol. Tejano music blarring everywhere, fighting, crazy/inconsiderate driving in the pits.........

I do have to applaude the guys/shops that put this event on, the turnout was incredible, dwarfing any of the SAR truck events. Turnout seemed like it doubled from last years event in Sealy. I wish I could have been there running my junk.

I didn't get to stay till the end, how many trucks competed in the Quick 16? What was the No.1 qualifying spot? Who won?
Quick 16? There was a 14 second truck in the line up of 10 trucks that entered... There was a little red ranger that was stupid fast. He ran a 9.20 at 116 shutting down waaay early. I didn't stay to watch who won after seeing the qualifying.

I got tired of kicking my way thru Miller Lite cans...

Quick Reply: Official Houston Performance Truck Shootout Date