Events & Show Discussion Races | Events | Shows

Southern Truck Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 09:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slowec
Brickrocket, let the "L" guys know there will be some 12 second chevy's there to run with the street crowd. I look for mid to low 12's out of my DD pick up. i tried to post on the lightning site but I think they denied me cause I wear a funny BOWTIE
Highly doubt they won't let you log on because you drive a Chevy. They may have to approve you for the site. A lot of forums do that now because of spam bots creating accounts. I'll mention it over there.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 136 Likes on 90 Posts

Do we have a class breakdown yet?
Old 11-03-2010, 05:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Dec 11 at SGMP

Preliminary race info is this:

Quick 16 (or however many we have) This class consist of trucks that will basically be 10.50 or quicker. This class will be ran on a pro tree.

Heads up, index classes. Two qualifying passes with closest time pairing. Elimination rounds with one buy back. All classes will be "all-out" format with sandbagging rules in place. These classes will be ran on a sportsman tree.
10.50-11.50
11.50-12.50
12.50-13.50

For anything slower than 13.50, we will have an all out, handicap, arm drop class with sandbagging rule in effect. Handicap set on the average of your two qualifying passes.

Break outs will be dealt with by discretion of the monitoring official. Meaning, if you run a new personal best that is a few hundreths to a tenth or so better than your qualifying run, or a slight break out of your class. (given your qualifying pass was that close to the cutoff line to begin with)

Really just looking for as fun and fair of an event as possible. If anyone has ANY suggestions, now is the time to speak before we carve anything in stone. I am completely open to any of your ideas if you think they will make something more fair or fun for everyone involved.

Also, if there are any sponsors that would like to step forward and sponsor a class, call my personal cell. 904-887-5115. Leave a message if I don't answer as I do not return calls unless I know who I'm returning the call to.

My phone is open to anyone that has a question or suggestion.

Looking forward to this in a big way!

Thanks everyone!
Jason
Old 11-03-2010, 05:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Brickrocket
Highly doubt they won't let you log on because you drive a Chevy. They may have to approve you for the site. A lot of forums do that now because of spam bots creating accounts. I'll mention it over there.
That was my attempt at humor. I have respect for your rides. I am a Chevy man though. Don't get discouraged talking to chebbie boys man, they have a loyalty to the bowtie that borders on religion. This event IS gonna be great!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

No discouragement here, sir! I have nothing but love for anything that's fast. Yes, even imports. I have several friends coming to the race that all run different trucks.

*Gen 2 Dakota w/ turbo 360 & a TKO600
*2001 Sierra w/ 404/spray & 4L80E
*V6 Tacoma x-cab 5 speed w/ TRD blower and then some

And the list goes on. Already around 50 Lightning signed up on one board. Everyone better bring their "A" game! It's going to be a battle and I can't wait to see how it pans out!
Old 11-03-2010, 11:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Looks like I will be in the 10.50-11.50 class. If track prep is stellar, I may even be competitive in the class. I am looking foward to racing with and seeing some other fast trucks.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigKID
Looks like I will be in the 10.50-11.50 class. If track prep is stellar, I may even be competitive in the class. I am looking foward to racing with and seeing some other fast trucks.
The folks that run SGMP are fantastic people to deal with. If I ask them to make the track hook, they'll spray it out to the shutdown and I'm sure someone will find their weakest link. The track is absolutely one of the best in the country. Plenty of records set there so we should definitely see soe new personal bests!

As for being competetive, everyone has a shot at taking it home! Not always the person with the biggest stick taking home the win. Anything can happen on race day!!
Old 11-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Staging Lane

If this event is big enough do you think it will be something that happens every year?
Old 11-03-2010, 03:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Brickrocket
The folks that run SGMP are fantastic people to deal with. If I ask them to make the track hook, they'll spray it out to the shutdown and I'm sure someone will find their weakest link. The track is absolutely one of the best in the country. Plenty of records set there so we should definitely see soe new personal bests!

As for being competetive, everyone has a shot at taking it home! Not always the person with the biggest stick taking home the win. Anything can happen on race day!!
That is what I am hoping for. I want to see this thing hook and click off some low 1.5x 60's.

I have been racing a long time and understand this completely, but, when you give up nearly a full second in an index, a good reaction time is only going to take you so far. Regardless, I am going to give it my best shot and have a good time.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Looking forward to meeting you and yor truck BigKID. 2k models FTW...

Quick Reply: Southern Truck Shootout