Events & Show Discussion Races | Events | Shows

Southern Truck Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 10:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 138 Likes on 91 Posts

Ditto my friend. I am looking forward to the entire weekend, meeting new friends, seeing some fast trucks and doing a little racing. I am doing a little exhaust and suspension work on the truck and plan to be done Thansgiving weekend. That way I can get the bugs worked out at my local track the weekend before and not on the day of the shootout. :xfings:
Old 11-10-2010, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope to be there too! Be nice to meet some guys after seeing them on the forum for a LONG time
Old 11-10-2010, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

I've had a couple folks mention their concern of not having a shot in a full second index.

Here's a compromise for you all. If there are enough trucks participating to have at least a 16 truck field in 6 index classes PLUS the quick 16 and handicap class, then I will do it. Sound fair? Otherwise, it stays the way it is and you better bring your "A" game.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Oh and BTW...qualifying passes will be NO TIME and you will not get a slip for them. This eliminates sandbagging and bitching along the way. When you see the ladder for your timeslot and who you're racing first round, that's where you'll be! And I will pair you with your closest competitor each round. About as fair as I can make it.

I know...I'm evil.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Sounds fair, as long as we have a little TNT time prior to qualifying. Looks like you are promoting an "All Out" type race.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Brickrocket
Oh and BTW...qualifying passes will be NO TIME and you will not get a slip for them. This eliminates sandbagging and bitching along the way. When you see the ladder for your timeslot and who you're racing first round, that's where you'll be! And I will pair you with your closest competitor each round. About as fair as I can make it.

I know...I'm evil.
So you are saying we can run a few times first, but we won't know what our time was so we will just have to guess what bracket to put ourselves in???
Old 11-15-2010, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slowec
So you are saying we can run a few times first, but we won't know what our time was so we will just have to guess what bracket to put ourselves in???
IF you want to get a few T&T passes in, that's fine with me. Your qualifying times will determine what field you go into. You won't have to guess as we will have the times in the tower. You just won't get a slip and the timing boards will be off. Just to make it more interesting and fair. I recommend getting your truck dialed in as best you can before the event and not wait until the day of.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Brickrocket
IF you want to get a few T&T passes in, that's fine with me. Your qualifying times will determine what field you go into. You won't have to guess as we will have the times in the tower. You just won't get a slip and the timing boards will be off. Just to make it more interesting and fair. I recommend getting your truck dialed in as best you can before the event and not wait until the day of.
Dial in beforehand??? perhaps you have not heard of my race team?
"Last Minute Motorsports"

J/k I am not fast enough to drive 2.5 hours for some runs the weekend before, it'll be fine.

Looks like the list of attendees is GROWING!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slowec
Dial in beforehand??? perhaps you have not heard of my race team?
"Last Minute Motorsports"

J/k I am not fast enough to drive 2.5 hours for some runs the weekend before, it'll be fine.

Looks like the list of attendees is GROWING!!!
lol

I'm still putting mine together so I'll probably be in the same boat as you. (if I even race. The event will likely consume all my time)

It looks like it could be close to 100 trucks or so.

Everyone will need to bring cash the day of the race. Gate/tech fees are $25 and it's $20 to run. Spectators and crew are $10 each. I am NOT taking any money before race day (aside from sponsors) so it will all be done the day of the event.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Just to clarify, it is $25 to TNT then an additional $20 to enter the Shootout?

Quick Reply: Southern Truck Shootout