FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

05 Yukon Denali Procharged questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Yukon Denali Procharged questions

So I've ordered a 10lb D1SC Procharger kit with 3 core I/C for my 05 Denali. I'm having it professionally tuned with HP tuners and using 42lb injectors from an 8100 Marine setup.
My question is this: Is my transmission going to hold up? I use it to tow my enclosed race car trailer, and I just want more grunt for hills and such. I'm very set on the procharger setup, as I couldn't pass the deal up for the money.
Being stock it pulls decent, but downshifts ALOT. I think with the D-1 it will be a much better tow vehicle.
What transmission is in my truck? Will it hold up?
Old 06-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Formerly Low_LQ4 - 6/6/10

I think you have a 4L80E
it should hold
Old 06-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

No it has a 4L65E, it will need some attention. Eventually a built tranny but at LEAST do a shift kit and servos along with a decent size tranny cooler, the stock one is way too small. Also properly tuned 10lb boost is going to max or be at the very limit of the 42lb injectors.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Admin

I am maxing my 43lb injectors at 6.5lbs if that tells ya anything.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know you said your mind is made up, but the Procharger I dont believe is going to give you what your looking for as far as towing. I run a Procharger myself and there is very little boost made at part throttle lower rpm driving. You would be better off looking into something like the Magnacharger if your main goal is to help with towing.
I think the transmission will be fine with a good cooler and bump up the line pressure some if your just using it for normal driving.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Admin

Originally Posted by ranwalk
I know you said your mind is made up, but the Procharger I dont believe is going to give you what your looking for as far as towing. I run a Procharger myself and there is very little boost made at part throttle lower rpm driving. You would be better off looking into something like the Magnacharger if your main goal is to help with towing.
I think the transmission will be fine with a good cooler and bump up the line pressure some if your just using it for normal driving.

I was thinking the same thing being the main reason was for towing but...It seemed like his mind was made up. A D1 on a stock 6.0 is not going to be the best for towing. Now as for a track setup I think the Prochargers have huge potential as long as you keep the belt from slipping, but then again belt slip can be a problem with any non cog blower.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have an 05 escalade with 10#s being the low boost daily driving setting. The tranny will not hold up. Mine lasted about 2 weeks. Boost is not what you want for towing, whether its turbo, centrifical blower, roots blower, none. I would recomend just getting some bolt ons such as headers and maybe a cam and heads. I tow my boat with mine, i have a built tranny with an 1800 stall so that it would still drive somewhat stock. It absolutely hates when the boat is hooked up, tranny temps get to 220-240 which is not good. And this is towing less than 4 miles from storage to the boat ramp. Thats just my advice. Good luck
Old 06-26-2007, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

03sierraslt, I am running 13#s with high boost making 575 AWHP on 42# injectors, you might want to investigate to see why you are maxing out 43#s at 6.5#s of boost.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
I am maxing my 43lb injectors at 6.5lbs if that tells ya anything.
That's because your supercharger can make some silly airflow... unlike some other superchargers out there

I do agree on the trans build up, too... especially if towing. 10 psi will not make your stock transmission happy. Better to build it fully now and not worry so much! Not to mention is cheaper to build a trans that isn't destroyed... lol. If its built before it breaks it doesn't need as much labor!
Old 06-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Admin

Originally Posted by 2toneblown
03sierraslt, I am running 13#s with high boost making 575 AWHP on 42# injectors, you might want to investigate to see why you are maxing out 43#s at 6.5#s of boost.
Well I have a 255lph fuel pump, running 11.6 afr at WO, Inj Duty cycle is at 96%. Dont know what kinda power I am making, never had it on a dyno. Fuel press drops to 53psi at wo, top of each gear. If I could keep my FP at 60 or above like the return systems can I know I could push these injectors further. However unless I have missed something no one has found a way on the returnless systems to keep the pressure from droping. Are you running Meth?

What is your FP under the above mentioned conditions, whats your AFR at WO? Please if you have a secret to pushing the returnless system further let me know. I have been trying to find a way myself.

My setup is the following, large filter, 4" intake to blower, No MAF, blower, intercooler, Lts, off road mid pipes, magnaflow mufflers.

At one point in time before the intercooler I ran as high as 11lbs boost, this resulted in the same 96-97% IDC @ 11.6 afr. Ever since adding the intercooler and LT's, ORY 6.5lb is the highest I can get without pushing them over 100%. I have never actually ran out of fuel yet, never seen the wideband creep lean. So technically I guess the injectors aren't maxed but the IDC is basically.

Last edited by 03sierraslt; 06-26-2007 at 09:16 PM.

Quick Reply: 05 Yukon Denali Procharged questions