FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

'08 LS3 vette TVS2300 dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
wow im seriously considering an ls3 now,

a few questions , is there any carb apporved tvs kit for maro's?
what injectors were utilized?
what trans was this made through?
what kind of dyno? conditions?
belt drive setup?

please get this car to the 1320 with a good tire. id guess 10's all day in a vette with decent traction knocking on 9's door with full hook .
Yes there will be CARB approval on the Camaro TVS2300.

I can find out more on the production kits on Monday for you.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

That is incredible!!! That is complete domination! Those are the numbers I've been waiting to see from the TVS.

I am confused though to say the least. Please forgive me if this is a stupid question. We just had two LS3 camaro's go through the same 2300 TVS install.
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ght=camaro+tvs
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ght=camaro+tvs
(I think they were both stick shift too) The only difference in this comparison between the camaro's and the corvette is the camshaft right?!

If you figure 17 hp/ lb of boost ( fromt he 6psi and the 10psi graph) this corvette at 10psi of boost would theoretically be at 706 rwhp with only a cam swap. How can a camshaft add 100 hp to the wheels when every other variable is similar.(camaro at 600 rwhp with headers and 10psi) I don't think that driveline losses and tire size would be that significant in this comparison.

Or can you get that much hp from a cam change? Or is it the fact that the stars aligned and this combination hit the sweetspot of performance? (perfectly matched engine, blower, cam, and tuning)

Please help me understand why this combo put down 100 hp more at the wheels than a similarly equipped camaro with only a cam swap.

Thanks!!!
Russ
Old 07-20-2009, 09:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those are awesome numbers! Nice work!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Not sure why it's so much, the blower, the cam, tune, everything else, is just working great together.
I was more than surprised and it blew my expectations away as well.

When I was tuning it on the dyno, the dyno shows realtime hp and tq numbers, just a few small runs were showing over 630hp, I knew this car was going to make great power once a final dyno run was dun.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

different dyno's and correction factor also play a big part.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

My Superflow dyno is usually selfish too, it might hit over 700 hp on a dynojet, maybe
Old 07-21-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FarmTruc
My Superflow dyno is usually selfish too, it might hit over 700 hp on a dynojet, maybe
That dyno has been #'s selfish on everything of mine that Allen's ever put on it....except this vette. It didn't yield great numbers N/A after the cam swap. Around 465 when others were making 500+ with similar mods. Black truck in my sig never got over 500. Others with similar mods are well over that #. I was expecting over 600 on the TVS vette, but the 673 brought a serious **** eat'n grin to my grill. Similar to to what happens every time I get a chance to drive it. Attaboys to Allen's bunch and also the Magnuson folks!!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:59 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by old motorhead
That dyno has been #'s selfish on everything of mine that Allen's ever put on it....except this vette. It didn't yield great numbers N/A after the cam swap. Around 465 when others were making 500+ with similar mods. Black truck in my sig never got over 500. Others with similar mods are well over that #. I was expecting over 600 on the TVS vette, but the 673 brought a serious **** eat'n grin to my grill. Similar to to what happens every time I get a chance to drive it. Attaboys to Allen's bunch and also the Magnuson folks!!
Thanks allot! I was going to post it on the corvette forum, but they had an issue with it since Allen is not a "sponsor".
Old 07-21-2009, 11:02 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

old motorhead - It sounds like this is your car? If so - congratulations on an awesome combo!

How quickly can you hit 200mph with it?
Old 07-21-2009, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigTex
old motorhead - It sounds like this is your car? If so - congratulations on an awesome combo!

How quickly can you hit 200mph with it?
Thanks. It's rare when you have high expections for a project and they're exceeded. Allen and his group did their usual excellent job. He had some pretty good stuff to work with. No flies on the LS3. I'm thinking the TVS is a fairly good product right now. And the vette is a nice bag to stuff all these goodies into.

It won't hit 200 with me behind the wheel. Now, scrambling up to 120 real quick is another story.

Quick Reply: '08 LS3 vette TVS2300 dyno numbers