FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

100MM MAF and 4" intake for Radix

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by j's01silverado

In your set up, once the MAF is maxed out, does the 2 bar map take over? Are they used together all the time?
I may be wrong, but his is part maf/2bar. After a particular hrtz he goes to the ve (SD). Sweet setup up if I can figure it out.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Notorious BIG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
I may be wrong, but his is part maf/2bar. After a particular hrtz he goes to the ve (SD). Sweet setup up if I can figure it out.

BOOYAH
Old 04-09-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

go to a 2 bar map and disable and remove your maf sensor, do a speed density tune
Old 04-13-2007, 07:03 AM
Notorious BIG

I'm ordering the LPE 100mm MAF on monday, i'll let eveyone know how it works out. My truck is done at the moment so it might be a month or two.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Former Moderator :(

LPE MAF works great I have been using them on the engine dyno for while. It comes with a MAF transfer function sheet and be careful it will put a 10 lb boosted engine in the middle of the timing map so if you use to have 17 deg of timing at WOT you may have 24 now.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Notorious BIG

Originally Posted by Crash Dummy
LPE MAF works great I have been using them on the engine dyno for while. It comes with a MAF transfer function sheet and be careful it will put a 10 lb boosted engine in the middle of the timing map so if you use to have 17 deg of timing at WOT you may have 24 now.
Crash Dummy, do you know which wire connector harness from LPE i need to buy to work with the IAT sensor setup for the Radix trucks? LPE sells two of them and i'm not sure how it is going to wire up. You can view the harnesses here:

click

or

click
Old 04-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Former Moderator :(

Originally Posted by Holty
Crash Dummy, do you know which wire connector harness from LPE i need to buy to work with the IAT sensor setup for the Radix trucks? LPE sells two of them and i'm not sure how it is going to wire up. You can view the harnesses here:

click

or

click
The meter comes with a harness just solder and heat shrink the 3 MAF wires and solder the two IAT wires to the Magna Charger supplied IAT harness. You really don't need anything else
Old 04-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Notorious BIG

John, thanks for the quick reply. I have one more question for you if you don't mind. I know this is a hot topic but don't want to waste my money.

Since im boosted and using a 2bar map sensor is it worth it for me to use this 100mm maf with my 122 radix setup? I mean am i know the pcm does not reference the maf after 4k rpm's anyways so what is the advantage of this maf? i understand its 4inches in diameter and will not be a restriction but is that the only gain? I need to purchase a new maf anyways so i just want to know if i should just buy a stocker or this 100mm unit? Any explanation you could provide or advice you can give would be great.

Last edited by Holty; 04-14-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you need to get one anyways,and your okay putting the extra dough out, then get it. Emissions is gonna require you to have no SES light (or codes) and that means your are gonna have to enable the maf at least for the emissions. (unless you get the whole maf/2bar combo thing tuned)

i know you know, but your second sentence is confusing...open loop and maf have nothing to do with one another. You are currently SD after 4K rpm. Hell SD the whole time.

Just get it and get mad at it and sell it to me cheap! Nice pointer on the timing table crash.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Notorious BIG

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
if you need to get one anyways,and your okay putting the extra dough out, then get it. Emissions is gonna require you to have no SES light (or codes) and that means your are gonna have to enable the maf at least for the emissions. (unless you get the whole maf/2bar combo thing tuned)

i know you know, but your second sentence is confusing...open loop and maf have nothing to do with one another. You are currently SD after 4K rpm. Hell SD the whole time.

Just get it and get mad at it and sell it to me cheap! Nice pointer on the timing table crash.

i fixed my post. i was thinking one thing and typing another. thanks.

oh, btw dew, get online, i need to ask you something.

my reason for asking this question on the 100mm maf is this. If i buy one, i need to make a whole new air intake from the maf to the TB. With the stock maf i can use the radix intake tube. the price of the maf does not conern me because insurance is covering it anyways.

Quick Reply: 100MM MAF and 4" intake for Radix