FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

2.5" Radix Pulley?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 06:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Powerbond OD (OverDrive)

I got mine here: POWERBOND Supercharger Balancer, 8-Rib, 10% OD, 6.22 OD, 11.75 Pounds (1999-2008 GMC Sierra & Chevrolet Silverado, 2006-2007 Trailblazer SS & 2010 Camaro 6.2L) [PB081190-SC10] - $218.49 : Colorado Speed - 888-592-6661 | GM LSX | FORD MODULAR | CHRYSL

You can either have the crank pinned, or ground for a keyway.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
innovators west*

yes, balancer=pulley....its actually not a balancer, but solely a pulley. balancer is left over from when engines were externally balanced...surprised you dont remember that
Actually, I did and that's why I guessed that. IW rings the bell for me now. I'd forgotten.. they had a 8 rib setup I think. So, Innovaters West will have an oversized crank pulley for me?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool! Got it saved. Thanks so much all you guys!! I don't know anybody in person that can help me with this stuff. I know many guys my age and older who know every-freakin-thing about building hot rods but I don't know anybody that knows this new tech stuff. I'm very grateful!!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lucille
IW= Innovators West. They're out of Kansas I think. Great Guys to deal with.
I remember that now. Grippy had their pulleys on his build. I guess I thought/assumed they were in CA.... given the "West" part. I have them saved in my resources list but had forgotten.

Lucille... one of my favorite R&B tunes. I played the drums back in the 50's when R&R first got a foothold around these parts and we did a lot of Little Richard stuff, including Lucille. Fun stuff!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've forgotten how to loosen the snout bolt? I have a rubber oil filter strap wrench is that how to do it?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JimS
I'd like to get that pulley from you and/or hear what you have to tell. Maybe pm me?.

Quite a while back I installed the larger idler pulleys so that really helped get me increased belt wrap.

.I love the 4" inlet tube idea and I already built a new air box, not the one in the photo.. but an enclosed one, that gets great flow from the front and bottom of the truck. What materials would I use for the 4"tube and where can I get them?

The 2 bar tuning is greek to me man. My understanding of tuning in general is very primitive and minimal. I'd have to go to school on that stuff and/or have somebody do it for me so no we're now back to the problem I've always had since I started this build... i.e. there's nobody around this area, that I know of, that can do that stuff for me or give me hands on schooling on it. I'm old and I'm old school and I have a really hard time getting the computer stuff in my head. That is definitely my weak point. I can't seem to "get it" without having it fed to me, from the beginning, one little piece at a time.

What I need is face to face tuning tutoring.
I'm assuming I'd have to use the 2 bar tuning in order to do the 4" tube.. the MAF has to go.. right?
Old 03-27-2012, 07:42 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK Jim, lets discuss !

I have an innovators west 10% Overdriven crank pulley ( balancer we call it even though, like Atomic said) . It is a larger pulley that will spin the blower faster, Thus acting like a smaller blower pulley, but since its larger will aid in belt grip/belt wrap.

The IW crank pulley is pricey, but its a sweet looking piece, but not a lot of people will see it haha, its roughly 550-600$ The powerbond pulley ive read is a nice piece that works the same and is roughly 300$. I run an 8 rib crank pulley with the standard 6 rib serpentine belt no problems, but if i upgrade to 8 rib accessories im already set with the crank pulley.

A strap wrench can be used to hold the pulley, or even better an inpact gun will break that bolt looose! Or lock the fly wheel down, someone can use a large screwdriver to hold the flywheel while you loosen the bolt.

You can still build a 4'' intake and adapt your MAF to it, or yes, if you do a speed density tune, you will delete the MAF all together . The SD tune reads off of a 2 bar map sensor ( a chevy cobalt uses one that most of us use.) The SD tune has and uses tables in its tune to calculate fueling and timing according to the MAP sensor. Where as the MAF uses physical airflow as well as tables in the PCM to calculate fueling and timing according to airflow, But at higher boost levels , say 10+ PSI most people find that you really have to "Fool" the MAF sensor to help it calculate the fueling needed. So the SD tune is more accurate at the fueling and timing changes needed. You can tune for boost much easier.

But SD tuning isnt as friendly to weather changes, you may have idle issues if its cold out if you had it tuned on a warm day, but its no biggie.

Hope this helps, im no tuner just a " layman" haha
Old 03-27-2012, 08:42 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a 4" polished aluminum intake that I was going to use with my radix... I got it from Bill (Trever1t), but I ended up going another route. It has provisions for an alky control nozzle and nitrous.

PM me if you are interested.