FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

2 bar MAP needed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 08:34 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thanks to everyone for their input on this...

Originally Posted by Allgonoshow
don't mean to jack the thread but i think it's relavant to the topic for me and others
no problem...it's all good...
Old 09-28-2006, 08:36 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Surprisingly, with the EFI Live custom OS, I have no DD headaches. I also do my own tuning though, and tuned it everyday for about 3-4 months on part throttle driving so, take all that with a grain

I definitely recommend progressing alky over on/off. It's a night and day difference.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
That is interesting. My only guess as to how this possible is that they are running so much intake duration that the valve is still open during the compression stroke. Anyone figured out how they are boosting themselves without a compressor?
Here, I will let you ask him....

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...&highlight=kPA

This guy writes a lot of the HP Tuners procedures and is a fairly knowledgable guy when it comes to LS1's..........
Old 09-28-2006, 08:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is interesting. My only guess as to how this possible is that they are running so much intake duration that the valve is still open during the compression stroke. Anyone figured out how they are boosting themselves without a compressor?
It is possible to have a VE of over 100% on a N/A engine. This would result in possible MAP readings above 105kPa. It usually only occurs at or aournd peak torque. But due to properly timed valve events the air coming into the engine is accelerated so much that it actually compresses as it hits the valves/pistons/cylinders. I've never heard of positive manifold pressure resulting from this, but with over 100% VE and at standard atmospheric conditions anything's possible. It also could be the waves bouncing back off the valves throwing things off a bit.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:43 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I definitely recommend progressing alky over on/off. It's a night and day difference.
I had a MSD RPM switch go bad, so I only have a boost switch at 3psi. Let me tell everyone who does this that berserker is beyond right. I don't run on the street with meth anymore until I get me a progressive controller. On/off is f-ing impossible to tune on the street, okay not impossible but too much of a hassell. On the track, it is pretty straight forward but still to early and too much at once IMO.