FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

2-bar SD to LPE 100mm, How to?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

w2w completely removed my o2 sensors in the rear. gone. harness is sitting there with nothing plugged in, codes deleted in pcm.

around town driving is what i'm mostly concerned about right now. I'll have the ability to go back to SD if I so choose in the future but for now i'm going with the maf.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:18 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
w2w completely removed my o2 sensors in the rear. gone. harness is sitting there with nothing plugged in, codes deleted in pcm.

around town driving is what i'm mostly concerned about right now. I'll have the ability to go back to SD if I so choose in the future but for now i'm going with the maf.

I think you're wasting your money, there is no reason that a 2 bar SD tune can't compensate for climate changes and be a good tuning method for a daily driver. I would strongly advise you to find a tuner who will work with what you have instead of making you throw even more money into parts you DO NOT need.

You WILL max out that MAF sensor. There is no point to going back to MAF in your case.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been running OLSD with the intention of finishing my Ve table for over a month now with NO problems. Not to mention it was probly set up around 80* and now we have had peaks of around 106*+.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:28 PM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
Until you max out the MAF, won't the fueling be more accurate than an SD tune that isn't absolutely perfect? And give better around-town throttle response? And Dan, did you remove your O2 sensors as charcold-bowtie is implying? Does it seem like I just learned how to use the question mark?
A well-done SD tune will net the same results. MAF tables are easier to do, which is probably why his tuner wants him to use that (which is also why I think he should find a new tuner), but driveability will be good either way as long as the tune is dialed in. The problem is that he is going to max out the MAF, and will be back to square one needing a SD tune anyway. I maxed out the MAF with my 6.0 and 9 psi. He has a 408, and I'm assuming somewhere around that much boost.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by thunder550
A well-done SD tune will net the same results. MAF tables are easier to do, which is probably why his tuner wants him to use that (which is also why I think he should find a new tuner), but driveability will be good either way as long as the tune is dialed in. The problem is that he is going to max out the MAF, and will be back to square one needing a SD tune anyway. I maxed out the MAF with my 6.0 and 9 psi. He has a 408, and I'm assuming somewhere around that much boost.
currently 13lbs boost actually. There are no tuners in my area. Just the one guy who will not tune it SD. I might not even use the maf. maybe i'll just send it back
Old 06-03-2008, 05:48 PM
High on diesel fumes

currently 13lbs boost actually. There are no tuners in my area. Just the one guy who will not tune it SD. I might not even use the maf. maybe i'll just send it back
What's wrong with your current tune that you need to redo it? Who tuned it before?

If the tune is reasonably close, all I would do is put some O2 sensors back in there, re-enable the short term fuel trims, and call it good.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:01 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

The rear o2s are not used for A/F correction. They are not necessary and a lot of people dont have them.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:02 PM
High on diesel fumes

Good catch Bill, I missed the rear comment in there. Rear O2's are just for monitoring the cats. Do you still have fronts?
Old 06-03-2008, 06:12 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I might not even use the maf. maybe i'll just send it back
dude, put down the credit card and the phone and step back. STOP SPENDING MONEY. If your truck still has issues, throwing parts at it is not going to fix it. Either fix it, find someone that can fix it, or bail out. You are sailing a sinking ship, and I would hate for you to drown.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

nothing is WRONG with it right now other than my idle surging issue. Not a huge deal i'm sure. I'm probably gonna try to figure out how to fix the idle myself once I get HPtuners next week. Then when I go to the only dyno within an hour of here, I'll put the maf back on and see what he can do with it. He says he's tuned vehicles with a lot more power than I have using a maf but tuning SD takes far, far too long. I agree with that. I recall attempting to adjust my VE when I switched to SD a few years back with my whipple. What a pain in the *****.

Quick Reply: 2-bar SD to LPE 100mm, How to?