FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

2-bar SD to LPE 100mm, How to?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, New england weather? Haven't touched my truck in almost a year with the Turbo and my wife drove it most of the time.I run 2 bar SD with the short terms enabled.Runs a perfect 14.7-1 all the time except under boost.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MAF is listed in for sale section, lol.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
45 minutes is too long? You need a different tuner if this is his reason for not doing SD. What he's really telling you is "I don't know what SD is and am going to slap some timing on your ride and verify the PE."

RUN, don't walk, AWAY.

Idle surging has about 0% to do with SD vs. MAF and 100% to do with idle tuning (which takes longer than SD).
I guess I need to get back on the HPtuners forum and figure out how to dial in a SD tune cause last I remember you have to drive the **** out of it trying to hit different VE cells and make tons of adjustments driving the wife crazy while you're constantly using her laptop and driving around at 2am cause you can't sleep cause the truck runs bad hahhhahahahaha

or maybe that's just me?
Old 06-04-2008, 12:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Thats for Ve correctin which is a good thing. But if u plan on closing the loop and using your o2's to trim your fueling, yur ve doesnt have to be necesarily PERFECT.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:14 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Most of people I see self tuning (myself included at times) let their perfectionism run riot, or are merely trying to tune stuff in the VE that the VE can't correct. Plus any pro tuner worth the spit that's hanging out under your tongue is going to do SD on a dyno and map the whole damn table once. On the street, it can still be done that fast but you're only going to get the part of the table that you hit, so make sure you hit all of your "driving range" -- oh, and make sure you set up your tune for SD tuning (not SD driving) before you start (zero out temp adaptation tables, use ONE timing table, go OLSD, etc., etc.)
Old 06-04-2008, 08:16 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie
Thats for Ve correctin which is a good thing. But if u plan on closing the loop and using your o2's to trim your fueling, yur ve doesnt have to be necesarily PERFECT.
VE tables CAN'T BE perfect. There is a variance plain and simple.

You can after months and months of VE table tuning (as I used to do on the way to work -- but only for Florida "non-summer") narrow the variance to +/- 2%, but you will never produce a 0% variance VE.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:21 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
you have to drive the **** out of it trying to hit different VE cells
Just find a nice route that let's you load up the engine a few times (nice big New England hills work nicely I;ve found ) or use your brake while driving, and it gets relatively easy to hit all the cells that matter.

Do it stepwise -- get your low throttle stuff and idle cells mapped (and then FREEZE them), get your normal driving cells mapped (and ignore changes to the first set that are within +/- 4% of 100. Then do your WOT with the same criteria. WOT for big HP is not great to do on the street unless you have a nice, wide country road with no traffic on it.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

Most of people I see self tuning (myself included at times) let their perfectionism run riot, or are merely trying to tune stuff in the VE that the VE can't correct.
Yup, thats me.

-- oh, and make sure you set up your tune for SD tuning (not SD driving) before you start (zero out temp adaptation tables, use ONE timing table, go OLSD, etc., etc.)
Can you elaborate a little on that? I drive my truck using the same "tune" i use when I am tuning.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Whippled 496
[B]

Yup, thats me.

[B]

Can you elaborate a little on that? I drive my truck using the same "tune" i use when I am tuning.
Word!!! not a clue what that means.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Altho he can chime in i think he mean that having it set up for sd tuning you must have some multiplier and other things off. Things like the IAT multiplier that are used to compensate for temp changes should be set to 1 IMO then based on you average IAT temp set them and scale them from there. You want to turn off all of the influences you can and tune, then re-enable them to compenaste for changes now that you are SD driving, AND no a Ve table will never be perfect, but ones with positive trims ends up being dumped on top of your fueling table ending up in being overlly rich...

Quick Reply: 2-bar SD to LPE 100mm, How to?