FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

2-bar SD to LPE 100mm, How to?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 05:19 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gao8302
From the sounds of it. Your tune isnt dialed in. If your having surging issues then it seems someone didnt tune for the cam. I wonder if they even did the RAFIG or RAFIP. I say send the MAF sensor back and be on your way with HpTuners.
Tunning an engine at idle is alot harder than at wot....

With hptuners I have found that by biasing the ECT vs IAT compensator more toward the engine coolent, helps keep the trims in line for weather changes...
Old 06-04-2008, 05:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My whole thing is, I don't want to have to do any of it. I might not have to. for all i know it's dead on right now. Not even sure how i'd know if it wasn't.

Here's a dumb question that I should probably know the answer to: am I open loop or closed loop on cold startup? It runs da bomb on cold starts. The poor idle comes on after it warms up and the afr settles in to 14.7.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:50 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Should be open loop on cold startup. Once you get your HPT copy, post up your tune file and maybe somebody with HPT can take a look at it for you. I'd offer, but I only have EFILive.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With no 02 sensors i have a lot of money to bet your in OL hehe.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

just for giggles i went out in the garage a little while ago and fired it up and let it idle. it was fine at first, then as it warmed up it started surging and almost stalled a few times. then a few min later it was perfect.

i shut it off, started it up again and put it in R and let it idle. seemed good. then i threw it in N, it stumbled. then i went, D N R N with about 2 sec between shifts. it stalled.

I then took it for a 1 mile drive. it stalled as I was parking. Then it stalled as i backed out of the parking spot. then it stalled at the end of the parking lot. Then it stalled when i pulled in my garage. lol. wow
Old 06-04-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Junkie

I bet it needs a RAFIG type of process. I think you went from turbo to supercharged. The rafigstuff corrects you idle airflows by adding in your idle trims simply put. I went from N\A to turbo and mine liked to stall. With the third 60e blown im not real worried about it right now hehe. And you idle table it corrects go from like -40 up to 250 ish. Its based off of your ECT. Seems to me it would correct a lot of that. But that my guess.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie
I bet it needs a RAFIG type of process. I think you went from turbo to supercharged. The rafigstuff corrects you idle airflows by adding in your idle trims simply put. I went from N\A to turbo and mine liked to stall. With the third 60e blown im not real worried about it right now hehe. And you idle table it corrects go from like -40 up to 250 ish. Its based off of your ECT. Seems to me it would correct a lot of that. But that my guess.
I agree. Even without logging to correct the trims, just adding some airflow in the warm temp areas should help. The cold areas sound like they are close already.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:16 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Altho he can chime in i think he mean that having it set up for sd tuning you must have some multiplier and other things off. Things like the IAT multiplier that are used to compensate for temp changes should be set to 1 IMO then based on you average IAT temp set them and scale them from there. You want to turn off all of the influences you can and tune, then re-enable them to compenaste for changes now that you are SD driving,
yep -- dead on. You also need to turn off fuel trim learn, etc.

AND no a Ve table will never be perfect, but ones with positive trims ends up being dumped on top of your fueling table ending up in being overlly rich...
You always have +/- 4% to 10% (depending on who you listen to). You can't guarantee your VE will have negative trims.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:59 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by thunder550
You can tune for climate changes with 2 bar, it's not difficult. Sounds like your tuner is not that experienced. Might be better off looking for a new tuner instead of a new MAF. The problem with going back to a MAF setup is that regardless of the physical size or flow capacity of the MAF, your PCM is still limited to a max of 512 g/sec airfllow through the MAF. The MAF itself may be able to read higher, but the PCM has hard coded limits on how much it will recognize.
I agree. No problems running mine 2 bar SD in New England
Old 06-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
Here's a dumb question that I should probably know the answer to: am I open loop or closed loop on cold startup? It runs da bomb on cold starts. The poor idle comes on after it warms up and the afr settles in to 14.7.
You need to adjust your Desired Airflow Idle table. The reason why it probably runs really good when it is cold is because the table is Engine temperature based.... If you running a stockish table the colder the engine the higher the airflow value is, this is probably the reason why it runs like crap when it gets warmed up... I bet if you multipled the warmer areas of your Desired Idle Airflow table by 10%, it would stop part of the surging and stalling issues...

Another reason why it might run like crap once it is warmed up, that your going into Closed Loop.... At startup you truck is running in Open loop.... Just another reason to go Open Loop Speed Density...

Just my .02.... I hope you get it worked out...

Quick Reply: 2-bar SD to LPE 100mm, How to?