FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

2 speed density.. Or not 2 speed density

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't do it yet, but it would however help with your cam being so big.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2ktransam
I would agree. I have to adjust my tune quite often due to the drastic change in climate here in the North East. Also, changes in elevation will affect your tune if you do any traveling with your truck. My TA was changed over to speed density before I started tuning myself and it ran like crap when the weather changed because it wasn't set up right. Speed density works great if your tuner knows what he is doing but you still need to check it from time to time.
Hmmmm...I have SD as well and really did it on recommendation from my tuner (Slowhawk). I knew the tune wud fail to adjust for altitude, but what do u mean about weather changes? It certainly runs HUGE better in the colder temps, but I just assumed that was due to the IAT's and my blower liking the colder denser air?
Old 01-19-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dhpro
Hmmmm...I have SD as well and really did it on recommendation from my tuner (Slowhawk). I knew the tune wud fail to adjust for altitude, but what do u mean about weather changes? It certainly runs HUGE better in the colder temps, but I just assumed that was due to the IAT's and my blower liking the colder denser air?
There is a table in COS3 that adjust your ve table to compensate for different IAT's. If this table is not set up correctly your AF will scew one way or the other when you are not at the same air temp that you tuned it in. Some people may know how to set up this table from experience but I am learning as I go so I have to log and make changes when the weather changes. Once that table is set up I should be good to go.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some of that difference depends on if you go with open loop or closed loop speed density.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zippy
Some of that difference depends on if you go with open loop or closed loop speed density.
That's true. I am open loop so I have my STFT's and LTFT's turned off for now. I want to completely nail everything down and then turn them back on. From what I understand the closer everything is set up the better gas milage you will get.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

NicD is local and bein in az.. elevationdoes not change much until u start headin north.. of phoenix.. Reading through all this.. Thinkin i should let my tuner decide on what to do.. cause I will occatinally run a 50 of N2O.. So I will just have to see..
Old 01-27-2009, 08:10 AM
TECH Junkie

hate to start a new thread so I'll highjack.

Is it worth buying a 2 bar map to log boost if you are going to keep the Maf???
Old 01-27-2009, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ONLYA4.8L
NicD is local and bein in az.. elevationdoes not change much until u start headin north.. of phoenix.. Reading through all this.. Thinkin i should let my tuner decide on what to do.. cause I will occatinally run a 50 of N2O.. So I will just have to see..
Nicd tunes with hp tuner and if you are not maxing out the maf he problem say leave in that mode. I know when i talked to him he was telling me leave the maf in on my set-up. I'm running SD as well.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks fo tha help my peeps..lol
Old 01-29-2009, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

I am also maxxing out the maf, so my tuner wants me to go to SD.But I think he has it all figured out already.

Quick Reply: 2 speed density.. Or not 2 speed density