FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

4.8 Procharger set-up questions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
4.8s love to spin rpms, if your giong to put a procharger like d1 on a 4.8 you need rpms. a 4.8 doesnt make torque or power down low, it makes it up top. you want to leave at a decent rpm where its going to start ramping fast. 4500 isnt bad at all if in the right hands. if you think its rough then find a new tuner. ive seen alot of the top calibrators work, **** i corrected one of their tunes tonight and gained .5 and 4mph over a one of them so called pro's tunes.

go ahead run too small of a converter with this setup, run shitty gear then cry months later when it doesnt run the number you thought it would
You asked to be unbanned on this site, but ever since you have come back all you do is comment negatively on everyone advice/opinions, put people down and slam our sponsors... Your opinion is just that, it is not fact nor the standard... If you have problems with some members, it's sponsorship or how it is run either keep it to yourself or don't post anymore. Apparently you have some issues and you need to address them. Then perhaps you can be a contributing member, if not then we can just lullaby you right now. Your choice either be a mature member that contributes or continue what your doing and you will be forced to leave... Consider this your last warning..
Old 08-28-2010, 02:14 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by dlt76028
I don't think me or you or any other experienced person could make it any clearer to this guy. He's just a internet know it all. He might feel more comfortable over on ls1truck

Oh and quick, hand raised
That site has gotten pretty rediculous. Sorry to change the subjet. I just laughed a little when I saw this comment. Thought I was the only one who felt that way.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:20 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
You asked to be unbanned on this site, but ever since you have come back all you do is comment negatively on everyone advice/opinions, put people down and slam our sponsors... Your opinion is just that, it is not fact nor the standard... If you have problems with some members, it's sponsorship or how it is run either keep it to yourself or don't post anymore. Apparently you have some issues and you need to address them. Then perhaps you can be a contributing member, if not then we can just lullaby you right now. Your choice either be a mature member that contributes or continue what your doing and you will be forced to leave... Consider this your last warning..
Im not slamming sponsors and not all sponsors have a clue or good product. Tech has proven this over the years.

they asked how a 4.8 with procharger sound. I gave actual real life experience of a 4.8 with a centrif setup, others never gave actual experience but net experience. You say its opinion i stated experience. Then you had several members reply after me with same answers. So where does that lead................

yes i asked to get back on this site and some reason i cant even do as i needed to in first place which is PM ppl. some reason i can do that
Old 08-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You were put in the restricted user group because it doesnt take a rcoket scientist to see you wanted to come back for your own personal gain with how much you talk about your customers and tuning. The user group doesnt allow you to send pms, edit/delete posts so you cant skirt the system. while it pains me to admit, you do know quite a bit but you think whatever your opinion or way of doing things is the only way possible and get extremely abrasive when someone questions or challenges your stance on any subject.

Point blank, I was tired of hearing people say how nice your builds are, and helpful you are, theyd forgotten how big a jackass you are so youre back and back to your usual ways. Which in case you didnt know, is pissing people off and the mods getting complaints about you. Corey made that post to warn you to tone it down some, believe it or not it IS possible to get your point across without being a complete abrasive *******.

Ive had a 4200 stall speed converter does that not make me cool enough to have an opinion in this thread? Converter speed is ALL personal preference period. Some can deal with more than others. I dont DD my truck so I can deal with a looser converter but Im going back with a 2800 after all the other converters Ive had because to me large converters are annoying and in TX heat a 4000+ converter does get hot even with my trucool 40K cooler.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:59 AM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
You were put in the restricted user group because it doesnt take a rcoket scientist to see you wanted to come back for your own personal gain with how much you talk about your customers and tuning. The user group doesnt allow you to send pms, edit/delete posts so you cant skirt the system. while it pains me to admit, you do know quite a bit but you think whatever your opinion or way of doing things is the only way possible and get extremely abrasive when someone questions or challenges your stance on any subject.

Point blank, I was tired of hearing people say how nice your builds are, and helpful you are, theyd forgotten how big a jackass you are so youre back and back to your usual ways. Which in case you didnt know, is pissing people off and the mods getting complaints about you. Corey made that post to warn you to tone it down some, believe it or not it IS possible to get your point across without being a complete abrasive *******.

Ive had a 4200 stall speed converter does that not make me cool enough to have an opinion in this thread? Converter speed is ALL personal preference period. Some can deal with more than others. I dont DD my truck so I can deal with a looser converter but Im going back with a 2800 after all the other converters Ive had because to me large converters are annoying and in TX heat a 4000+ converter does get hot even with my trucool 40K cooler.
the thing pissed me off about the PM factor was i was in process of getting a master from Tick performance but no contact now, also had a deal to sell my pt88 which cant answer pms.

also thanks for the kind words

but you have ppl that dont have any experience giving advice, this is where tech and this site has become. a lot of ppl that are repeat sayers without actual experience. this leads to water down information and stears ppl away from actual own experiences. If anything go after the ppl that dont have actual knowledge or experience instead of pointing me out like im the out of line person.

seriously a centrif blower that is on a 4.8 with only 410s 28" tire and 3k stall wont do ****. that combo on a maggie is different story, ppl also got realize once you get bit by the mod bug you need a new daily/beater.

4.8 with 4500 stall, 456 and d1 will run some good times, easy 11s combo in a rcsb hell enough psi and suspension and yo have possiblity of 10s in right hands.

as you know cody a sbc is stalled differently then a LS motor and most ppl think 3k is max you go for a sbc then try and apply that to the ls motors. Hell 4k stall on a stock motor is ideal.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:30 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Your long winded posts just show that you like to hear yourself speak. I can only assume you are talking about me when it comes to experience with other power adders (based on your reference about Magna Charger). I don't not feel the need to qualify my experience with you junior, however I do feel the need to correct you when you are giving BAD ADVICE.

Just because you mod your truck does not mean you need a new vehicle to drive. What planet are you from? Go back under the rock you crawled out from under, someone PLEASE ban this asshat again.

FYI if you were trying to contact Trick, the good ole phone still works.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:45 AM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Your long winded posts just show that you like to hear yourself speak. I can only assume you are talking about me when it comes to experience with other power adders (based on your reference about Magna Charger). I don't not feel the need to qualify my experience with you junior, however I do feel the need to correct you when you are giving BAD ADVICE.

Just because you mod your truck does not mean you need a new vehicle to drive. What planet are you from? Go back under the rock you crawled out from under, someone PLEASE ban this asshat again.

FYI if you were trying to contact Trick, the good ole phone still works.
no need to contact TRICK i said tick

not talking about you but if you want to apply that to yourself go right ahead. im sure you have plenty of experience

you believe its bad advice but for going fast and what works...ITS PROVEN

if youre going to dump 30k into a vehicle just ot put wear and tear on it daily then id like to have that kind of extra cash. 30k on top of price of vehicle, i can buy a beater for 3k and enjoy that to work with its wear and tear

but we all know money grows on tress
Old 08-28-2010, 10:53 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have dumped a crapload of $ into my Daily Driver

Chill.

Nobody's contesting a 4500rpm converter isn't better matched to a centri as described above but you assume the OP is wanting an all out race, weekend warrior vehicle.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:53 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ticks? Sounds like you need a Veterinarian.

Weather or not is proven does not mean ****, if you are a REAL business owner and a REAL adviser then you ask your customer what they want to use the vehicle for....Would you truly advice a person that uses their vehicle to haul lumber on a daily basis to run a 4500 stall speed converter? I certainly hope not.

Dump 30K into a vehicle? Dude what are you smokin? Didn't you tell me in another thread that it does not cost 30K to do this?

Money does not grow on trees, that is why it is the responsibility of the EXPERIENCED to answer questions with well thought out answers. Most of these people that ask questions on this site are new to the game, some of them have no idea what it takes to reach a goal.....and most of them will waste money on advice given by clowns like you.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Dump 30K into a vehicle? Dude what are you smokin? Didn't you tell me in another thread that it does not cost 30K to do this?
He was giving me **** for my arbitrary $15k amount for a twin turbo build... Looks like he's just trying to stir the pot for no good reason.

This is such a retarded argument!

Quick Reply: 4.8 Procharger set-up questions...