FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

4.8 which stroker kit and twin turbo should i ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by corvette_uae1
ok trick a asked ma friends about a single turbo kit on a v8 engine they all say its ok and all fine .

but i was wondering and scared cuz the turbo will sit on a side with the turbo minifold right??? what about the other side of the engine the minifold will stay stock and the pressure will be diffrent !!! i dont know how is that and if its ok with the engine !!??
Single turbos are fine. The pressure from one side of the engine to the other will be the same, well the same enough it will not matter.
The turbo sits on the passenger side up hi, the crossover feeds into that manifold, and then into the turbo.
if you use a single both sides of the engine will blend somewhere to get into the turbo. Our kits work just fine being a single.
But if you want a twin set up we are willing to work with you and build it.
Rick
Old 06-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
On a singe turbo, one side of the exhaust is brought over to other other side and then both go though the turbo, like this..

http://www.ls1truck.com/trickperform...G_0380_jpg.htm
thanks for that pic.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:18 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I recall from one of his previous posts he had bought his truck after being told it was a 5.3L but it ended up being a 4.8L. So I think he already has a 4.8 and not actually looking to buy one. Also shipping a engine block to Kuwait will be more expensive than the engine itself.
corvette_uae1:
Forge the bottom-end (piston, rods and crank) and just do a single turbo. Single's are good for up to 900-1000rwhp. If your set on twins then you'll be breaking new ground with a 4.8 but there's a few guys on here that are running twins most notably parish. You can look at how he plummed his turbo's and go from there. But for ease of install/fabrication I'd suggest a single and go with Trick turbo's. In any case good luck and hope you kick that Z06's ***! I figure you'll need around 700rwhp for that in a RCSB.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
If I recall from one of his previous posts he had bought his truck after being told it was a 5.3L but it ended up being a 4.8L. So I think he already has a 4.8 and not actually looking to buy one. Also shipping a engine block to Kuwait will be more expensive than the engine itself.
corvette_uae1:
Forge the bottom-end (piston, rods and crank) and just do a single turbo. Single's are good for up to 900-1000rwhp. If your set on twins then you'll be breaking new ground with a 4.8 but there's a few guys on here that are running twins most notably parish. You can look at how he plummed his turbo's and go from there. But for ease of install/fabrication I'd suggest a single and go with Trick turbo's. In any case good luck and hope you kick that Z06's ***! I figure you'll need around 700rwhp for that in a RCSB.

yes bro i have a 4.8 engine my agent told me its 5.3 i already spoke with them but they didnt repley me back so screw them ill stay withmy engine.

but the aluminium stock block ( 4.8) wont hold 500 hp + thats why i wanna have a diffrent block iron one . ok guyz

i found a used iron block 5.7 block and its cheep how about buying it and adding j.e pistons and crower connecting rods and a crank !!!??? then ill order the trick single turbo ??? what do u think ?? offcourse the feul system is easy to do 2 feul pump and 720 injectors and a fuel regulator will be enough for boost 14.7(1 BAR) AS HIGH AND FOR LOW BOOST 8 .

the heads im gonna porst them and add a cam with valves
Old 06-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your 4.8L block is a iron block already and it will hold WELL over 500hp
Old 06-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

god i love this forum

ok so my block is all fine and good so i only have to order a stroker kit what do u think nightrunner which stroker kit will be good a compression ratio of 8 will be good .

i need a nice stroker kit that will let me gain more torque and run high boost safe which stroker kit should i go for guyz???

Last edited by corvette_uae1; 06-03-2007 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Mr. Obvious

since you are staying with a 4.8 you wont be buying a stroker kit, you will be buying a forged rotating assembly (pistons, rings, connecting rods, crank)

also going with a 4.8 you are going to have expensive custom pistons and rods

IMO you need a bit more than 8:1 compression, id say 8.5:1 minumum more like 9:1

a stroker kit means you are increasing the stroke, if you are wanting to do that, it will no longer be a 4.8
Old 06-03-2007, 11:43 AM
GFYS and STFU

Nightrunner is right, your 4.8 is iron and stroking it will change the displacement. Also, from what I've learned, you can boost(turbo or supercharge) any engine and get good results but engine's with a wider bore and shorter stroke can handle and like boost alot better than engine's with a longer stroke such as any stroker kit/engine. Also remember if you stroke your engine there is a bigger likelyhood that you'll be rebuilding it every 50,000 miles and start to burn oil.
I really like that Idea of buying that iron block 5.7 and the trick turbo. 14psi on that will give him close to 600rwhp and if he get's a forged rotating assembly he can boost that thing up to 20 and be making 750+ "safely" which should take care of that Z06 problem. That's my vote at least.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Mr. Obvious

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Nightrunner is right, your 4.8 is iron and stroking it will change the displacement. Also, from what I've learned, you can boost(turbo or supercharge) any engine and get good results but engine's with a wider bore and shorter stroke can handle and like boost alot better than engine's with a longer stroke such as any stroker kit/engine. Also remember if you stroke your engine there is a bigger likelyhood that you'll be rebuilding it every 50,000 miles and start to burn oil.
I really like that Idea of buying that iron block 5.7 and the trick turbo. 14psi on that will give him close to 600rwhp and if he get's a forged rotating assembly he can boost that thing up to 20 and be making 750+ "safely" which should take care of that Z06 problem. That's my vote at least.
sounds good to me, i just dont know if he has access to a machine shop for the boring
Old 06-03-2007, 11:57 AM
GFYS and STFU

I'm guessing he does and with 20K I'm sure he can find someone. You'd be amazed at the cars they have running around down in kuwait, UAB and Dubai. Surprised the crap out of me when I was down there, they certainly aren't screwing around!

Quick Reply: 4.8 which stroker kit and twin turbo should i ??