How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3.5" is still only good for 460ish hp.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
3.5" is still only good for 460ish hp.
where are you getting these numbers?? I have a 3" downpipe and I would bet my truck im making 500 rwhp with only 11psi. I know some of the trick kits with a 3" DP are capable of 600-700 rwhp.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

Fuel pump, roll with stock one! The nnbs trucks fuel pump can handle boost very well up to about 15psi!
So the stocker will be fine up to 700HP? I dont plan on going over 700HP, more likely in the 550HP-650HP range.

Cam something low n boost friendly 212/218, 218/222
Thanks for providing specs. Im pretty unfamiliar with cams, so this will give me a good starting point when I start lookin.

Do yourself a favor and dont skimp on the wideband. you will rely too much on it to buy a cheap 200 dollar pile
Im not sleeping on the safety aspect. I had a lightning and I blew up a lightning lol I just remember seeing AEM when I was browsing through some set-ups. I think the wideband I had in my Lightning was a Innovate.

trade that oil pressure gauge for a fuel pressure gauge, its saved my motor a few times!
+1, heard that. Adding it to the list
Old 06-03-2012, 03:47 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by o2camaross
where are you getting these numbers?? I have a 3" downpipe and I would bet my truck im making 500 rwhp with only 11psi. I know some of the trick kits with a 3" DP are capable of 600-700 rwhp.

Personal experience? Have you logged turbo drive pressure yet?

They maybe "capable" but the turbo drive pressure/spool time is less than perfect. If your building a turbo kit, why not maximize the efficiency of the system?

Originally Posted by SampsonSimpsonZ
So the stocker will be fine up to 700HP? I dont plan on going over 700HP, more likely in the 550HP-650HP range.

Thanks for providing specs. Im pretty unfamiliar with cams, so this will give me a good starting point when I start lookin.

Im not sleeping on the safety aspect. I had a lightning and I blew up a lightning lol I just remember seeing AEM when I was browsing through some set-ups. I think the wideband I had in my Lightning was a Innovate.

+1, heard that. Adding it to the list

I like the old Dyno jet. but it cost 500 bucks. I'm not a big fan of the LC-1 or the LM-1
Old 06-03-2012, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

What do you mean by "turbo drive pressure"? Im not claiming to know everything but I just dont know how you can say a 3" DP is good for only 3xx HP. Sure the bigger the better but hypothetically if a setup is making 600 rwhp with a 3" DP and running 130mph, i dont see a problem there. Sure more can be had with a bigger DP, but I just dont think you can say a 3" DP wont support over 400hp. But I am all ears and would like to hear your logic behind it bc Im always up for learning
Old 06-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by o2camaross
What do you mean by "turbo drive pressure"? Im not claiming to know everything but I just dont know how you can say a 3" DP is good for only 3xx HP. Sure the bigger the better but hypothetically if a setup is making 600 rwhp with a 3" DP and running 130mph, i dont see a problem there. Sure more can be had with a bigger DP, but I just dont think you can say a 3" DP wont support over 400hp. But I am all ears and would like to hear your logic behind it bc Im always up for learning
Turbo drive pressure meaning backpressure prior to the turbo. You can make power with smaller exhaust pipe, as it has been done before and people go fast with it...but you can make more power and go faster just by opening up the downpipe/exhaust diameter. Higher pressure differential = faster spool. I wouldn't go bigger than 4" with a DD vehicle though, as more custom mods become necessary when routing that sewer pipe out of the engine bay and under the truck.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by smokeshow
Turbo drive pressure meaning backpressure prior to the turbo. You can make power with smaller exhaust pipe, as it has been done before and people go fast with it...but you can make more power and go faster just by opening up the downpipe/exhaust diameter. Higher pressure differential = faster spool. I wouldn't go bigger than 4" with a DD vehicle though, as more custom mods become necessary when routing that sewer pipe out of the engine bay and under the truck.
Ok thats what I thought he was talking about and I completely agree. Im curious how much improvement I would see by building a 4" DP
Old 06-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Staging Lane

Im curious how much improvement I would see by building a 4" DP
+1. Im already leaning towards 4", but Id still like to know some #'s.

I like the old Dyno jet. but it cost 500 bucks
I see a couple for $400.00 on Amazon. I dont know if where talking about the same model or not. The one I saw was a Commander 2 ... So its looking like its either gonna be: Dyno Jet, AEM, Auto Meter, or NGK. About to do some research and read some reviews on them. They are all in the $200-$400 price range.

Last edited by SampsonSimpsonZ; 06-03-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

I switched from LC-1 to Autometer, and it is a huge improvement.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Slowest turbo build ever!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which autometer wideband did you go with just for reference?

Quick Reply: 4.8 Turbo (Coming Soon) Need Some Critiquing