FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

418 stroker+ MP122H= ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 418 stroker+ MP122H= ?,now have dyno numbers inside

Guess I'll finally get around to introducing myself and posting about the project I have been putting off for almost a year.

My name is Tony and I work at a GM dealership that shall remain nameless for now. I gather that non sponsor names are somewhat taboo here. Been lurking here for a few years now.

We do some different things at the shop, my fulltime job there is customizing vehicles. From the mundane, to insane. This one is a lil crazier than most.

Started with a stock new '06 ccssb vortec max truck. Had a 418 stroker built for something a few years back and finally decided to stuff it in this. Originally we had ordered a "hot rod" style magnuson for it, but with the 122's coming out we switched gears and waited for one of those.

The truck is also getting a set of Dynatech headers, 4l80e conversion, lowered, brembos, wheels and a custom paint job.

The idea is to have a triple threat truck, something that can be daily driven, fully functional and be fast.

The engine made 550ish hp naturally aspirated through a carb on the engine dyno, so boost should be fun

Snapped a few pics today while I was working on it. Should be running and driving by the weekend for a big car show here in March. Then it will spend some time on a dyno to get dialed in properly and get some real numbers.

pics are here

I'll post up some more hard numbers as I get them and more pics if anyone is interested.

Sorry if this is a lil off topic or in the wrong forum, but it just seem to fit the best here.

Tony

Last edited by TurboTony; 06-24-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:43 PM
12 Second SUV Club

i cant see anything in the pics?
Old 02-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

Not sure why the thumbs don't want to work for me today, but click the image and it should bring up the full size pic. Hmmm, just realized that I took them in 5m mode, big pics.

Tony
Old 02-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy big pictures Batman!

Keep us updated on the progress and dyno #'s
Old 02-20-2007, 10:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sounds like a blast. Keep us posted!
Old 02-23-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice. How about some info on the SY and Ty?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:16 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Tony at SGP We need to chat, gimme a call.

Brian
Old 02-23-2007, 09:38 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

looks like a fun project!
Old 02-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Staging Lane

Well, made some progress today.

The '02 tac module showed up, that was the last piece missing to be able to fire it. Seems to run nice, blower actually seems fairly quiet, couldn't drive it due to road conditions though.

I'm going in tommorow to install the rear disk conversion, tie up some loose ends with engine and hopefully get the truck looking respectable enough to take to the show next week.

I uploaded a few more pics tonight. I'll get some better ones of the whole truck when I get it off the hoist.

Tony
Old 02-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by krambo
Nice. How about some info on the SY and Ty?

Well the Ty is pretty much stock at the moment, it is a rarer colour though, called Garnet. Not sure what to do with that truck yet. Bought it for a daily driver, but really don't need it.

The Sy I've had for about 7 years now. Bought it bone stock with two broken pistons. Built the motor and tranny. Custom fabbed up an intercooler, downpipe and exhaust. Another local syty guy here just happens to be a tuning guru so we modded the stock ecm to run low z injectors and built the truck to be one of the first to take a stock ecm in the 10's.

Haven't really done much with the sy in a few years, just no time or motivation. Take it to the track once in awhile, run way to fast without a cage and get a stern finger shakin.

It's a fun truck, kind of built it to prove a point back in the day. Just don't have the heart to sell it, but don't really have the time for it either.

That was kind of the idea with the 418/122 truck. A full size crew cab syclone. All the fun of 4wd traction/big h-p with the function of a usefull truck.

Tony

Quick Reply: 418 stroker+ MP122H= ?