FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

418 stroker+ MP122H= ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to post a pic of the semi final result.

Ran out of time for the rear brakes, maybe monday.

Tony
Old 02-25-2007, 08:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice looking project! Great work! Thanks for posting up. Very interested in the performance results of the 122HH.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboTony
Well the Ty is pretty much stock at the moment, it is a rarer colour though, called Garnet. Not sure what to do with that truck yet. Bought it for a daily driver, but really don't need it.

The Sy I've had for about 7 years now. Bought it bone stock with two broken pistons. Built the motor and tranny. Custom fabbed up an intercooler, downpipe and exhaust. Another local syty guy here just happens to be a tuning guru so we modded the stock ecm to run low z injectors and built the truck to be one of the first to take a stock ecm in the 10's.

Haven't really done much with the sy in a few years, just no time or motivation. Take it to the track once in awhile, run way to fast without a cage and get a stern finger shakin.

It's a fun truck, kind of built it to prove a point back in the day. Just don't have the heart to sell it, but don't really have the time for it either.

That was kind of the idea with the 418/122 truck. A full size crew cab syclone. All the fun of 4wd traction/big h-p with the function of a usefull truck.

Tony
Any chance that you mght be iterested in selling the Typhoon? Let me know.

By the way, nice truck. I am looking forward to seeing the finished numbers. Good Luck!
Old 06-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

Well after a busy few months we finally got back to the truck and finished up most of the loose ends sent it off to the chassis dyno for some tuning and numbers.

It's set up to be daily driven, pump 91 fuel, low timing and 6 psi.

The final rear wheel numbers were 515 hp and 500 ft/lbs. This was on a mustang dyno again with a nice and really safe tune. There is a bit of power left on the table, need a smaller pulley and maybe meth injection but for now this is where it will stay.

We found that 122 really like rpm unfortunately the smallest pulley magnuson makes is the 2.8 and with the stroker under it 6 psi was the max it makes. Hmmm, time for a custom pulley.

The truck is insane amounts of fun to drive, 2wd is just a big tire smoke show, at and speed. It really hauls azz in 4wd and just seems to have legs that go on far past the legal speed limit.

There will be some vids from the dyno in the very near future and I'll be taking it to the local street legals in the next few weeks to see what it will do there.

Anyone know what a ccssb weighs? Have to run it over a scale this week and see.

Tony
Old 06-24-2007, 09:23 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

sounds like a solid setup!
Old 06-25-2007, 03:44 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow that's an awesome looking truck...I'm slightly jealous!!
I wish I had the common sense to hang on to my Ty instead of selling it like a dumby! Great work tony!
Old 06-25-2007, 09:22 AM
blownerator

5300 is what mine weighed in at with the bed cover. You might want to consider a larger crank pulley, the smaller the blower pulley the more risk of belt slip.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Veteran

So the 122 only makes 6psi on a 418 with a 2.8" pulley? I would've thought it would be better than that. Oh well, I would do what Brian said before you throw a skate board wheel on there. Be advised though, that it'll affect the rate that everything else spins.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:37 AM
blownerator

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
So the 122 only makes 6psi on a 418 with a 2.8" pulley? I would've thought it would be better than that. Oh well, I would do what Brian said before you throw a skate board wheel on there. Be advised though, that it'll affect the rate that everything else spins.

Remember, the MP122 is limited by the OE parts that we are using. It will make plenty of boost given the supporting parts to do so.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Could you elaborate on this further? What could he do to get more boost without pully'ing down?

Quick Reply: 418 stroker+ MP122H= ?