FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

418 stroker+ MP122H= ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 10:35 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Could you elaborate on this further? What could he do to get more boost without pully'ing down?
Again, you are limited by the stock supporting parts. A bigger crank pulley would be the first thing I did with the larger displacement motor.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where are you getting the bigger crank pulleys?

By the way Tony nice truck!

Last edited by cyazo6; 06-25-2007 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Staging Lane

I have considered a larger crank pulley, problem is that the stock pulley has been keyed to the crankshaft. Would be a matter of having another pulley machined to match.

Not a big deal and to be honest the truck is kind of silly right now even at 6 psi. Just going to leave it for awhile and see how it works. No signs of belt slip so far anyway.

Tony
Old 07-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Notorious BIG

TurboTony, first i must say, that is one NICE truck, good job. I have a couple questions for you if you don't mind? What is the part number on the front Brembo setup you have and did you have any fitment issues? Are you running a drop spindle or only a torsion bar drop?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the kind words.

I've been meaning to get back to this thread for a few weeks, just too busy I guess.

I can't remeber the part# for the brakes. They are very nice but if I had to do it again I would go with Baers up front. Way cheaper and the Brembos were very hard to get a wheel to fit over. Massive calipers.

The truck was dropped with Macgaughys spindles up front with about another 3/4 inch of t-bar decrank. The rear is drop springs with another 1" shackle drop to get it nice and level. Most people did a doubletake when I mentioned it was 4wd, lol.

Took it to the track two weeks ago. Launched it in 4wd at about 2 psi it's best run was a 13.20@103 mph. The thing was silly consistant. Tried several ways to get it out of the hole, best run was when I forgot to hit the 2wd button after the 1-2 shift.

I'd have liked a bit better times and mph from it, but considering it weighs around 5600 lbs(never got a chance to weigh it) and trying to get those four massive wheels to rotate I guess it was okay.

The truck was never built to be an all out strip type deal. The point was to make a really fun street driver that didn't lose any functionality. I'd say we accomplished that.

Sadly for me the truck was sold the day after the night at the track. The good news is the new owner is a racer type guy who loves vehicles like that and has the resources to own them.

I'm sure I'll still get to drive it from time to time so it's all good.

Now onto the next project, basicly the same thing in an '07 bodystyle. Have to cook up that combo, 6 speed or another 4l80e? Hmmmm.

Tony
Old 07-12-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

That truck must be a ton of fun..
Old 07-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

I should get some pics of the marks I left on the pavement for the used car guys. Lets just say John Force would have been proud of that burnout.

The wheels spin until you get out of it in 2wd, I swear that first gear seems like it goes on forever in that 80e. Fun just isn't the word, much like a carnival ride, you just giggle the whole time the loud pedal is down.

Tony
Old 07-13-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Get the new owner to join on here. I'm curious to see what it'll really do at the track. I'm sure it could do A LOT better than 103mph. It sounds like you lost so much traction that you not only lost ET, but mph too.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice truck!
Old 07-14-2007, 02:12 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Get the new owner to join on here. I'm curious to see what it'll really do at the track. I'm sure it could do A LOT better than 103mph. It sounds like you lost so much traction that you not only lost ET, but mph too.

Traction was not a problem, it was getting consistant 1.8 60 foots. I could however haze all four if I really beat it up on the launch.

Just comes down to trying to accelerate a whole lot of iron down the track. I'm sure with more time and some tweaking it would be a quicker/faster ride. Oh well, onto the next project.

I doubt the new owner will post here, not much of an internet sort of fellow I'd guess. I'll post some vids next week of the night at the track.

Tony