FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

4x4 and boosted... what have you broke?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

I'm just waiting for my friend Alex to come in here and tell you all the **** he's broke with his truck. More on other people's vehicles when he's towing them out of mud holes and such, though.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here goes nothing.....
On my truck, I have grenaded two Dana 70 HD rear ends, I twisted my front drive shaft off at the yoke, it seriously looked like a piece of licorice, and before I got serious with the clutch, I just had the Autozone ones with a lifetime warranty and I kept ripping the clutch hubs out of them haha. Oh, and the Killer Dowel Pin (just google it) came out and broke the end off the cam on my old motor

On other peoples stuff, I have bent the frame on another Dodge trying to get him out of a mud hole, because of how he was stuck, I was forced to pull at an angle, and get a run at it. I put it in 4-lo, 3rd gear, and to the wood and the truck came out, but it bent the frame right behind the axle where his trailer hitch was mounted. I bent the two front frame horns together on a Blazer on 38's pulling him out of a mud hole, and ripped the front bumper off of my brother's 86 Chevy Nova when he got it stuck in the wash. He fried the bearings in the motor and we were trying to jump it in the wash before we took it to scrap. He got it stuck in the sand and I couldn't find a spot to hook the strap, so I just kicked in the grill and wrapped it around the bumper. It came out easy, but he decided to try and be funny so I just hammered it and ripped the whole bumper off haha. Tore huge chunks out of the uni-body.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

Oh, and I've only heard of a very few t-cases blowing up, and they were on 7000+ ;b diesels with lots of torque, and they broke the input or output shafts. Doesn't somebody on here run 9's in a 4wd with the stock t-case?
Old 12-19-2010, 01:31 AM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Been the times in my sig with a 4L80E, tirod sleeves, and truetrac... Blew up a Tcase trying to shift out of 4x4 on a 10 sec pass. After that leave it in 4hi and probs stopped...
Old 12-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Restricted User

EXCELLENT RESPONSES GUYS!

So from what i gather i will (more than likely) be fine to run a few lbs boost on the drivetrain till i can afford to build it up a little..

Im honestly not looking to be really fast or anything, just looking a little more pep...
Old 12-22-2010, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by stock48
Been the times in my sig with a 4L80E, tirod sleeves, and truetrac... Blew up a Tcase trying to shift out of 4x4 on a 10 sec pass. After that leave it in 4hi and probs stopped...
Damn it man! What kind of power do you make to push one of these pigs into the 9 second range?!?!
Old 12-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

When doing smoke rolls in 2 WD try to go straight. The limited slip rear has problems with wheel spin in circles or S turns.
I launch in 4 WD all the time
Old 12-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Restricted User

I am mostly just looking for a little more pep, its alot of truck to get moving, I just sold my 600HP Trans AM to buy this pickup.... Everything i drive feels slow now HAHAHAHAHAHA

Will be raced rarely on the street, will probably never be run down the track... Its my DD and toy hauler..
Old 12-25-2010, 05:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far, 4 rear ends...the stock G-80 actually grenaded and took out the yoke and tranny, smoked the 60E before going to the 80E. As for the Tcase, the older magnesium ones used to wear a hole from the pump, but depending on ur truck and its age they do tend to from the abuse, although its mostly the sender unit so hard to say if its a HP related issue. Make sure that u change the U-joints on the drive shaft to non-greasable style as they're way stronger...
Old 12-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Restricted User

man this is going to relatively cheap in comparison to my trans am!!! lol

Quick Reply: 4x4 and boosted... what have you broke?