blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Kenne Bell
Old 02-20-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Kenne Bell
Oh I hear ya. Back in 03, the 1st Hemi Rumble Bee prototype was built with a Kenny Bell blower on it. Kenny Bell then built their blower kits for the Hemi trucks back then, but afterwards they couldn't find any tuning solutions so their kits have been sitting on the shelf for the past few years. Looks like they found a way to get rid of some inventory. Diablo CMR tuning works well with the LX cars, but they still have some issues to work out with the trucks. In our trucks, using a Diablo tune with a 2 bar map sensor won't play well together. Diablo may get a boosted truck engine to run, but the RFE545 transmission will be toast in very short order. I've ran my boosted Hemi truck for over 4 years using almost every conceivable tuner/piggy back system out there. During the first 2 years I went through over dozen transmissions. If my truck wasn't a daily driver I would use the Mopar Performance AEM standalone with a standalone trans controller.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy hell, I think you have most of the guys on this site beat with 12 transmissions.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

He's done the transmission R&D for all Dodge truck owners. No other shop builds 'em.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:41 PM
TECH Regular

Oh dear....Jeep SRT-8 + Maggie? 0-60 < 3 sec?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so what year span is this setup going to cover for the trucks? 03-09+?
Old 02-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hemidup
Oh I hear ya. Back in 03, the 1st Hemi Rumble Bee prototype was built with a Kenny Bell blower on it. Kenny Bell then built their blower kits for the Hemi trucks back then, but afterwards they couldn't find any tuning solutions so their kits have been sitting on the shelf for the past few years. Looks like they found a way to get rid of some inventory. Diablo CMR tuning works well with the LX cars, but they still have some issues to work out with the trucks. In our trucks, using a Diablo tune with a 2 bar map sensor won't play well together. Diablo may get a boosted truck engine to run, but the RFE545 transmission will be toast in very short order. I've ran my boosted Hemi truck for over 4 years using almost every conceivable tuner/piggy back system out there. During the first 2 years I went through over dozen transmissions. If my truck wasn't a daily driver I would use the Mopar Performance AEM standalone with a standalone trans controller.
Just spoke to someone yesterday and apparently KB still can't tune the Hemi. Not sure why they don't just go with Diablo but...

On the RAM, the 545 is the weak link, especially 2prime. You can cal 2 prime out with Diablo CMR and increase pressure and decrease shift times but it's still a matter of time. The 545 is nowhere near as nice as the A580 tha tis in the LX carrs...

I'm sure Magnuson will have all the bases convered with this kit. Hemi + TVS2300 = Big Power! Can't wait to get my hands on one. When can I expect mine to show up Brian? :-)

J
Old 02-27-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Holy hell, I think you have most of the guys on this site beat with 12 transmissions.
my 12th is gettin built now
Old 02-27-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
Just spoke to someone yesterday and apparently KB still can't tune the Hemi. Not sure why they don't just go with Diablo but...

On the RAM, the 545 is the weak link, especially 2prime. You can cal 2 prime out with Diablo CMR and increase pressure and decrease shift times but it's still a matter of time. The 545 is nowhere near as nice as the A580 tha tis in the LX carrs...

I'm sure Magnuson will have all the bases convered with this kit. Hemi + TVS2300 = Big Power! Can't wait to get my hands on one. When can I expect mine to show up Brian? :-)

J
From what I heard, iEMS3 tuning will be on all the upcoming Mr. Norm's/Kenny Bell cars and trucks. Diablo still doesn't have their 2nd prime delete worked out to perfection yet for our every year PCM change in our trucks and for the most part, most Hemi trucks do not make the required hp/tq to ruin it. The 722.6 transmission is a true work of engineering.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:28 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy

J
soon young skywalker, soon.

Quick Reply: 5.7L / 6.1L HEMI Magna Charger Kits