FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

5.7L / 6.1L HEMI Magna Charger Kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirt track racer 81
my 12th is gettin built now
#13 was my best champ. 97 passes... pulled it apart and just put it back together again with the same clutches and steels less one OD and 2nd gear clutch. Now she's #14 and #15 is just a backup and still sitting on the floor. It was between #4 and #8 that I could only get 5-10 passes before a failure.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can someone school me on the iEMS3? what is it exactly? not another piggyback correct? what makes it different from diablo or sct?
Old 03-01-2009, 01:32 AM
On The Tree

The iEMS3 modifies the 8 fuel injector pulses directly (and independently), has a built in 2.5 bar MAP and a clamp for the factory MAP. It can also modify the stock O2 sensors to add fuel during boost. Technically it is a piggyback, but one that does not mess with the stock MAP sensor and cannot be learned by the PCM adaptives. It does not change any factory programming in any way and will work in conjunction with any handheld programmer for increased speed limit, rev limit, etc. It also can retard ignition. Basically, a super piggyback for impossible factory PCMs.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:56 AM
Teching In

iEMS basically sounds like a Unichip. We all know how well that worked out for Arizona Speed and Marine. Diablo can tune out 2Prime on 07 and later, they are currently working on the 06 and earlier stuff. Why bother with the piggyback when you can use Diablo CMR to do a 2 or 3 bar calibration with the factory controller? Raise speed limter, check. Raise rev limiter, check. Change ignition maps, check ( you can even rescale them for 2 or 3 bar MAP). Change fueling, check (again, you can rescale these tables for boost also). Rescale for larger injectors? Check (I've done 90lb hour on a 426 stroker myself). All this is currently possible with Diablo so I don't see the reasoning behind going to the iEMS other then the fact that KB cannot tune the Hemi with the software they are using.

I'm sure the magancharger kit will not come to market without allteh tuning being done in the stock controller. Right Brian? :-)

J
Old 03-05-2009, 07:39 AM
On The Tree

Diablo has been blowing up truck transmissions left, right, and center. The key with the iEMS3 is that it can individually tune each injector and does not interfere with the OEM MAP sensor. (it handles ignition, meth. injection / nitrous as well and is offered as a full blown standalone if needed)
Old 03-05-2009, 07:43 AM
On The Tree

The iEMS3 is also universal, Diablo needs like 12 different programs for the multiple controller configurations in the 3rd gen trucks. (which they don't) Besides SCT has been out for a while now and is just as capable as Diablo. Being universal is the key.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FrostKing
The iEMS3 is also universal, Diablo needs like 12 different programs for the multiple controller configurations in the 3rd gen trucks. (which they don't) Besides SCT has been out for a while now and is just as capable as Diablo. Being universal is the key.
iEMS is going to do nothing for the transmission so I still don't see the benefit. It's still just a band aid, just like the Unichip.

The Diablo CMR software has the right transparameters, you just need to know how to manipulate them. It's quite different then the the 4L60/4L80's that everyone is used to.

The programs are different because the cals levels are different. It's a chrysler thing, has nothing to do with Diablo. It's all still just one tool. BTW, did you know the 05 F150 with the 5.4L 3V has over 35 different cals?

SCT, can they even tune 07 and later cars/trucks yet? Last I heard they couldn't get the checksums and ETC safety stuff worked out?

J
Old 03-05-2009, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

Diablo is killing the airbag and ABS systems on a lot of trucks with the owners having to dealer reflash at their own cost. The Diablo also does not have trans control on all 3rd gentrucks, as the case with SCT. My truck being a turbo '03, both Diablo and SCT are useless paperweights. Do you see my point, yet. No aftermarket forced-induction manufacturer is going to have a complete kit because no tuner can provide 100% of what is needed.

How about a MAF conversion and throw all the Chrysler **** in the garbage? That's the only sure way to do it.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FrostKing
Diablo is killing the airbag and ABS systems on a lot of trucks with the owners having to dealer reflash at their own cost. The Diablo also does not have trans control on all 3rd gentrucks, as the case with SCT. My truck being a turbo '03, both Diablo and SCT are useless paperweights. Do you see my point, yet. No aftermarket forced-induction manufacturer is going to have a complete kit because no tuner can provide 100% of what is needed.

How about a MAF conversion and throw all the Chrysler **** in the garbage? That's the only sure way to do it.

I've never heard of the ABS or Airbag stuff being an issue. Wouldn't expect that since they are totally different modules that do not control anything to do with engine operation. Have any info on this problem? I'd be interested in hearing about it. My 08 Big Horn Edition Hemi seems to work fine with my Predator and CMR.

It takes time to get all the years covered as the software for the earlier trucks is drastically different then the Later model trucks which share the software with the LX cars (engine side anyway). These are going to get the attention first as the applications are more widespread. I'm sure the earlier stuff will follow. Remember, we have only had software for these trucks for a short amount of time. Remember when the GM stuff first got started? It took a while but now you can tune anything, even your wifes 2008 Buick Enclave!

Why put a MAF on it? Aren't all the big HP GM guys taking the MAF off and running 2 and 3bar operating systems? You can rescale the factory chrysler PCM to do this without having to buy someone elses software. I can see you being frustrated with not having tuning for your 03, and the iems may be your best option then. But why sell the kit with iEMS for an application with a controller that is supported by Diablo or SCT? Maybe we are looking at it different ways. Are you telling me that you would rather run iEMS on a Blown 2008 Challenger then run the factory processor with a modified tune?

J
Old 03-06-2009, 07:31 AM
On The Tree

I am talking about trucks only. I think MAF would give much better performance up to the limits of the sensor on Hemi engine in the trucks. The factory speed density is garbage for boosted engines. I am tired of having 14 different tunes dependent on the weather that day and if the sun comes out for an hour, the tune is off.

I wouldn't mind if the Chev guys speak up that are running SD. Can you use the same tune year round?

If Maggie sells kits for the new Hemi, they will fit on 7 model years. (8 this fall) I guess it will be limited to only a few, then, if they depend on CMR or SCT and you better buy a spare 545rfe at the same time.

Quick Reply: 5.7L / 6.1L HEMI Magna Charger Kits