FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

6.2 / L92 and FI? who's been down that road?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 10:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.2 / L92 and FI? who's been down that road?

i'm shocked at how little i can find on and 6.2's w/ fi. i'm leaning towards top mount turbo or procharger myself(i'm quite a ways off but i like to get my ducks in a row so i dont waste money doing other mods that dont benefit my ultimate goal). i've seen a couple posts from people who have chimed in saying they have a roots or whipple but no posts that i can find as far as what numbers they are making and what supporting mods they have with them.

as far as top mounts go i know there is trick and KB and those are the two front runners in my head prolly end up with KB because his setup is a good 1000 or more less for a similar setup iirc. i know i will need injecters and a fuel pump with either setup plus a wideband, BC, gauges and later a good meth setup for added reliability.

but back on track looking at an otherwise stock motor what are people with boosted 6.2's seeing?
Old 05-09-2010, 01:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have done it. feel free to ask questions. i dont know what your asking specifically
Old 05-09-2010, 10:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Did you run the turbo setup on ur stock 6.2(seeing as it's now built)? And if so how much boost did u run on it and what kind of power did it make. What tranny mods do u have? And what caused you to build the motor? Breaking something or just hungry for more power
Old 05-09-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I ran 10#s on the stock motor for over a year before I lifted a ring land from racing a 240sx on the highway and it leaned out and too much detonation. It was making 535AWHP with that set up. As far as tranny mods, good luck. I am on my 5th transmission and 2nd transfer case. I have bought everything from used transmission to a "built" one from RPM. That one lasted the shortest and the cheap used ones last longer. So right now Im back to stock tranny and converter.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:52 PM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2toneblown
I ran 10#s on the stock motor for over a year before I lifted a ring land from racing a 240sx on the highway and it leaned out and too much detonation. It was making 535AWHP with that set up. As far as tranny mods, good luck. I am on my 5th transmission and 2nd transfer case. I have bought everything from used transmission to a "built" one from RPM. That one lasted the shortest and the cheap used ones last longer. So right now Im back to stock tranny and converter.
Are you using the 6l80e??
Old 05-09-2010, 01:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2toneblown
damn FIVE trannies!?!? I thought this 6l80 was supposed to be strong! I thought 10# would have been fine but I guess not... Maybe 8# on pump and 10# on meth would do the trick. With a decent shift kit Kevlar bands and stall?
Old 05-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Launching!

What'd you pay for the truck?
Old 05-09-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by quez82
What'd you pay for the truck?
30100 new
Old 05-09-2010, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikeith
damn FIVE trannies!?!? I thought this 6l80 was supposed to be strong! I thought 10# would have been fine but I guess not... Maybe 8# on pump and 10# on meth would do the trick. With a decent shift kit Kevlar bands and stall?
No need for the meth. Just put some sort of a fuel pump on it. I have 85# injectors but still have the stock fuel pump with a Boost A Pump. I have 2 Walbros and another Boost A Pump I am going to put on it when I get off my *** and do it and the 76mm all in the garage waiting. The problem with the 6L80E is that nobody make hard parts for them and only makes clutches. Circle D is testing some hard parts they made but they are only testing it in a CTS-V and Camaro I believe, which weighs about half of what my truck weighs. And I did have a Precision Industries converter in it.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:20 PM
12 Second Truck Club

the 6.2 motors are better candidates for a cam and nitrous....

Quick Reply: 6.2 / L92 and FI? who's been down that road?