FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

6.2L 2012 Sierra 4x4 cc 3.73 gears

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 01:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.2L 2012 Sierra 4x4 cc 3.73 gears

alright had a 2009 traded it got corvette....still have corvette...tired of driving my pharmacy delivery colorado...nuff said....got another fullsize and I wouldn't be a member here unless I liked speed....k...Now that that's out of the way

I've never had FI and I've made up my mind to go that route, I know a lot of people run maggies on here and I figured that's what I wanted, but 1900 or 2300? I see the truck unit is usually 1900 why? when the camaro is 2300 and it's the same motor....basically (6.2?)

I've also given a lot of thought to this new Whipple which claims to outflow the other products, which if I were trying to sell it I'd make some claims also....

I plan on ARH or Kooks headers, custom tuning of course, and I do want to do a cam again.

thanks guys in advance

Dixon
Old 03-17-2012, 02:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Looking forward to seeing what you do. I went the Procharger Route and so far have been very pleased. Still need to do a converter, LT's and a cam eventually. Thinking ARH first to help her breath a little more

What has you sold on the Maggie or Whipple?
Old 03-17-2012, 08:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

RxDawg
Dude!bro the band is back together!congrads on the new ride,cant wait to see what you do.Have you posted pics yet?

Last edited by gonzo 6.2; 03-17-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...rmance-498262/

maybe another option for you.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:10 AM
TECH Addict

magnacharger , 2300
whipple 3.0

the whipple will have more potential , i know someone who has a new side mount for the big whipples on lsx motors coming out soon .

i also got to see what is going to be the gen 5 motors as well . just glad gm is staying lsx. i was sad that i couldnt take any pictures though all i can say is it looked like dual intake ports but the real port made the ls7/l92 ports look small . the other port was for injectors . cant wait to see what they do with them .
Old 03-18-2012, 12:45 AM
Teching In

As far as Maggie vs Whipple:
(Opinion as read on a forum related to camaro)
Maggie is good to about 750 RWHP
KB is good to about 950 RWHP
Whipple is good to about 1000 RWHP

Further explained:
To make a large supercharger to only produce 8 psi you have to spin it pretty slow which in turn has you running the supercharger below it's SWEET SPOT.

For example a Maggie Makes 7 psi at the crack of the throttle at 2500 RPM and may climb to 8.5 by redline.

Then the Whipple will make 5 psi at the same 2500 rpm and rise to 9.5 psi at redline still making 8 psi at peak power.

As far as 1900 versus 2300:
(opinion as read on a forum)
It it was my car, I would have (and have) the 1900 You want to put the smallest supercharger you can use to reach your HP goals. The 1900 will be more responsive on the bottom end, and on a stock or mildly modded engine (cam, headers) it will yield the SAME HP as the 2300.

I am not knocking the 2300, it is a 900 HP supercharger, however I personally find the 1900 more fun on the street and quicker on the bottom end.

additional opinions:I think the 1900 will give you a little more low end
...told by a magnus rep that the 2300 was quiter than the 1900

Seems like the 1900 is sufficient for that extra "street use" power, potentially louder, cheaper, more tq over hp gain (better for heavy truck?), can get hotter, and mildly upgradeable. The 2300 is quieter, more expensive, more hp over tq gain, cooler operating, and greater gains with smaller pulley.

I think the Whip is suppose to have less parasitic hp loss, produce higher hp at similar boost, and run cooler.
No matter which way you go, it probably won't make an appreciable difference in a daily driver 4x4 truck set up.

That being said, knowing words like speed, horsepower, custom, and exclusive were coined to describe you. I predict you will get the whipple.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:49 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by the duke35
As far as Maggie vs Whipple:
(Opinion as read on a forum related to camaro)
Maggie is good to about 750 RWHP
KB is good to about 950 RWHP
Whipple is good to about 1000 RWHP

Further explained:
To make a large supercharger to only produce 8 psi you have to spin it pretty slow which in turn has you running the supercharger below it's SWEET SPOT.

For example a Maggie Makes 7 psi at the crack of the throttle at 2500 RPM and may climb to 8.5 by redline.

Then the Whipple will make 5 psi at the same 2500 rpm and rise to 9.5 psi at redline still making 8 psi at peak power.

As far as 1900 versus 2300:
(opinion as read on a forum)
It it was my car, I would have (and have) the 1900 You want to put the smallest supercharger you can use to reach your HP goals. The 1900 will be more responsive on the bottom end, and on a stock or mildly modded engine (cam, headers) it will yield the SAME HP as the 2300.

I am not knocking the 2300, it is a 900 HP supercharger, however I personally find the 1900 more fun on the street and quicker on the bottom end.

additional opinions:I think the 1900 will give you a little more low end
...told by a magnus rep that the 2300 was quiter than the 1900

Seems like the 1900 is sufficient for that extra "street use" power, potentially louder, cheaper, more tq over hp gain (better for heavy truck?), can get hotter, and mildly upgradeable. The 2300 is quieter, more expensive, more hp over tq gain, cooler operating, and greater gains with smaller pulley.

I think the Whip is suppose to have less parasitic hp loss, produce higher hp at similar boost, and run cooler.
No matter which way you go, it probably won't make an appreciable difference in a daily driver 4x4 truck set up.

That being said, knowing words like speed, horsepower, custom, and exclusive were coined to describe you. I predict you will get the whipple.
Well said, this is what I have been preaching for years. The proper sized blower is just as important as the proper sized turbo.

Athens, GA? Thats EATON'S back yard
Old 03-20-2012, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

AK, It seems the kits for Mag/whip are more complete. I may not have researched enough though. How's your procharger setup treating you? Why did you go centri instead of roots?

Gonz, thanks for the warm welcome, I couldn't stand being out of a fullsize for very long. I see my old truck around town....a guy bought it for his 16yo son....surprised it's still in one piece. It has plenty of character now...aka scratches.

Is it not better to run a larger volume SC at a lower operating temp if it keeps the same pressure throughout the operating rpm range? therefore reducing wear? Explain this G-spot,,I mean sweet spot further.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

G spot blower,I love it!
Old 03-20-2012, 01:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RXDawg
AK, It seems the kits for Mag/whip are more complete. I may not have researched enough though. How's your procharger setup treating you? Why did you go centri instead of roots?
My mechanic/tuner is a dealer for them and offered a good deal and I did a fair amount of research before deciding to hand him a lump of cash.

So far I have been extremely pleased with it but I was only able to drive it for about a week before I parked it and came back up to work. I will be home in another week and will continue to beat the **** out of it then and have more feedback. Also will be hitting up track days once our track opens up.

I have not owned a supercharged vehicle before this one so I don't have any first hand experience to compare it to. The one thing I do really enjoy is how the power comes on. I can drive and put around town or down the hwy and stay out of boost and it runs just like it did before the blower and I can still yield high teens for MPG and this is on a shitty winter blend still. Another benefit for me is since it builds boost the higher it revs in my mind I am saving my transmission a little bit of a beating till the truck really starts moving. It's no snail off the line out of boost and if I get into it and into boost it's just plain scary. I took traction control off and did a few launches on the hwy on ramp in 4x4 and was having trouble hooking.

Also I will see what the temps do come summer but we were monitoring them during our runs and tuning and the IAT's were way way low. I still need to mount the little scoop on the bottom of the IC but so far it seems that 3 core is doing quite well. Eventually I would like to mount it behind the grille but right now I have no complaints with how it's performing.

I think once I get my LT's and ORY and better muffler I will be even more impressed.

Quick Reply: 6.2L 2012 Sierra 4x4 cc 3.73 gears