FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

6.2L 2012 Sierra 4x4 cc 3.73 gears

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 02:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I havent seen you mention a turbo.. just wondering if you left it out for any particular reason?
Old 03-20-2012, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel as if I want the roots style sc for the instant power. I guess thats why I really didn't give much of a nod toward the procharger type or turbo systems. Probably not a good comparison, but having a 2500 duramax in the past it seemed as though I put my foot down and in a couple of seconds the power came......very strong indeed, but I feel like I would like to go the SC route in my 1/2 ton.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RXDawg
I feel as if I want the roots style sc for the instant power. I guess thats why I really didn't give much of a nod toward the procharger type or turbo systems. Probably not a good comparison, but having a 2500 duramax in the past it seemed as though I put my foot down and in a couple of seconds the power came......very strong indeed, but I feel like I would like to go the SC route in my 1/2 ton.
Have driven quite a few Diesels and at least for me it is nothing at all like that

Mine comes on pretty quick when I decide to get into it

Old 03-20-2012, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

Nope....nothing like the ole diesel. That's pretty sweet...thanks for sharing. I saw some of your other post...if you would please try to find out more about your muffler. On my other 6.2 it was just way too loud. This time when I go with headers at first I'm running it into my stock system to start with to see how that sounds/performs...then go from there. I've also listened to some aero's on here. I think that was the name. I really like the sound of your ride. More info would be appreciated if possible.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RXDawg
Nope....nothing like the ole diesel. That's pretty sweet...thanks for sharing. I saw some of your other post...if you would please try to find out more about your muffler. On my other 6.2 it was just way too loud. This time when I go with headers at first I'm running it into my stock system to start with to see how that sounds/performs...then go from there. I've also listened to some aero's on here. I think that was the name. I really like the sound of your ride. More info would be appreciated if possible.
I had it done at a shop in town that I now refuse to take it to ever again(will explain in a second).

The muffler is a Vortec according to the shop. It looks like a glass pack but is pretty well baffled inside. I am not at home at the moment otherwise I could get you the length and other info from it.

Right now it's all stock piping going into this Vortec and then dumped over the rear axle with the factory resonator removed. I get a little drone in the cab but nothing I can't live without.

Now what urkes me is I drop the truck off and they tell me they are just going to replace my factory muffler with a 3.5" Vortec muffler. I pick it up a few hours later, love the sound and think nothing of it and go on my way. Well months down the road I take it to a different shop to have them install a bung for my wideband into the stock manifold and while it's up on the lift I am looking at the muffler and realize that both ends go inside the stock exhaust piping. They lied to me, put a 3" muffler on instead of a 3.5" and stuffed it inside both sides of the factory piping.

It still sounds good and im sure it flows way better than stock I am just pissed I didn't get what I asked and payed for. Once I get my LT's and ORY I am going to find the largest 3.5" aftermarket muffler I can find so it's not to loud and have that installed in place and dumped out the side in front of the rear wheel. That or maybe I will drop some cash on the new magnaflow cat back that should be out soon.