FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

90mm ETC Improved Blade Range Mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrX
Can you log the ETCAPP% and ETCTP% PIDs to see where your TP is at for a given pedal position. I know EFILIVE has a table for throttle responsiveness.

edit
Here is the stock table from my tune. 30% pedal only gives you 5% TP.

If you are saying that you are seeing 30% TP as opposed to 30% APP, and it is dead, that is a different story.
When I say the 1st 30% of the pedal is dead that means no real acceleration. Now, when I run the pedal through the 1st 30% of movement I can change manifold vacuum... as shown on my vacuum/boost gauge. So, its probably safe to say the blade is moving... how much... I don't know. It may correlate with what you are seeing... 30% pedal giving 5% TP... if thats the case and its not fixable, I think I'm going to remove the 90mm setup for now. My 06 pedal/TAC with the original TB was MUCH more responsive... and probably helped with the fact that the 06 pedal's total movement range (sweep) was shorter. I'll check to see if I can log the parameters you have asked about before swapping back to the truck throttle body.

Bill
Old 11-27-2006, 09:08 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrX
In order to get into the TB cleanly you will need a Torx Plus – Tamper Resistant bit. Apparently these are patented and you need a license to get them. Otherwise just use your favorite method to remove the screws. I just slotted them and they turned out easily with a screwdriver.

Most high-end tool trucks (Mac, Snap-on, Cornwell, Matco) willl sell the bits to anyone. Or P.M me....

Nice work on the write up DrX. I was wondering how long it would take before some-one came out with some options for you Radix guys...
Old 11-27-2006, 01:41 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Reid
When I say the 1st 30% of the pedal is dead that means no real acceleration. Now, when I run the pedal through the 1st 30% of movement I can change manifold vacuum... as shown on my vacuum/boost gauge. So, its probably safe to say the blade is moving... how much... I don't know. It may correlate with what you are seeing... 30% pedal giving 5% TP... if thats the case and its not fixable, I think I'm going to remove the 90mm setup for now. My 06 pedal/TAC with the original TB was MUCH more responsive... and probably helped with the fact that the 06 pedal's total movement range (sweep) was shorter. I'll check to see if I can log the parameters you have asked about before swapping back to the truck throttle body.

Bill
I would have to say that my pedal response is excellent. Seems better than before. Haven't touched the stock tables.

Aside from the tune, and since the 02 APP sensor and TAC should work well together, that only leaves the communication between the TAC module and TB as a possible issue. And that should be the same as everyone else with the 02 TAC module/90mm. Unless there are some more tables in the 06 tune.

Can you log the actual output from the sensors with HPT? Try logging therse PIDs(or whatever they are in HPT): ETCTPS1(V), ETCTPS1(%), ETCTPS2(V), ETCTPS2(%), ETCAPPS1(V), ETCAPPS1(%), ETCAPPS2(V), ETCAPPS2(%), ETCAPPS3(V), ETCAPPS3(%), ETCTP(%), ETCTP(des)
Old 11-27-2006, 01:51 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Actually sears also sells the tamper resistant torx bits, the ones they sell are made by Linde I believe.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:27 PM

DrX, I will log what I can on Wednesday on Thursday and get back to you. What I might do is log both setups (90mm mod vs 06 stock). I wouldn't put it past GM to have changed stuff up in 06... more than the foot pedal.

Bill
Old 11-27-2006, 08:32 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

No instances of REP mode today with varied driving conditions. TB seems to be working nicely. Just the crank pulley issue, so the truck is parked until I fix that.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:06 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

DrX, I will log what I can on Wednesday on Thursday and get back to you. What I might do is log both setups (90mm mod vs 06 stock). I wouldn't put it past GM to have changed stuff up in 06... more than the foot pedal.

Bill
Be sure to log both using the pedal, and moving the TB blade by hand from stop to stop so you know what the full range is. Might also try logging the 06 pedal with the 02 TAC if you are going to be changing things around anyway,

BTW, The lack of a 3rd APP sensor may not be the reason that the 06 pedal didn't work. Even though it is still there in the 04 pedal, the 04 TAC module doesn't use it(schematic says "not used") and there is nothing when I try to log it through the 02 TAC module either. Might be a calibration issue.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:18 AM

DrX, Below is what HP Tuners can scan regarding (my 06) the PID's you were interested in. I built a config file with the PID's you wanted. If you see others you think are helpful... let me know and I'll add them and then go out and test....

Need a nap first ... been a long night and I just got home from work. This is my Friday though ... data coming soon...

Bill

Old 11-29-2006, 11:36 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

DrX, Below is what HP Tuners can scan regarding (my 06) the PID's you were interested in. I built a config file with the PID's you wanted. If you see others you think are helpful... let me know and I'll add them and then go out and test....

Need a nap first ... been a long night and I just got home from work. This is my Friday though ... data coming soon...

Bill

Do you have PIDS for ETC TPS1(%) and ETC TPS2(%)? You will want those.

Edit: never mind I see them now.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:49 PM

Well, the PID list I posted earlier was a generic or "unknown" list... that came off my desktop from a generic software download. My 06 truck does not support all of those PID's... especially the ones I am looking for using the licensed software on my laptop . I had a "preload" of PID's that came with my software license I guess. I plugged into my truck to set up a new config file and a few extras (ETC's... few extra I was looking for under different names popped up). Set up the config file and tested... and several did not graph. went back to check PID's again and the extra's that popped up were gone. I am wondering if the 02 TAC is causing unknown errors in communication between itself and the PCM... possibly causing some PID's to become intermittantly available... I speculate of course. Anyway, with the very few PID's that are available to me I performed the first test tonite. I scanned a file with key on, engine off, and pushing the pedal to the floor fast the first time and slower the second time. Notice there is no TPS voltage (yes, the parameter is in the Table). Also notice with the ETC Pedal %... very low. Below is the graph...

Bill

Last edited by Bill Reid; 11-29-2006 at 09:14 PM.

Quick Reply: 90mm ETC Improved Blade Range Mod