FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

90mm ETC Improved Blade Range Mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HOLY MOLY DrX , I haven't really been following all of this TB modifying, but I am sure your hard work will pave the way to a faster mod in the future. BIG HELL YEAH to you sir!
Old 11-29-2006, 09:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Bill. Now it's obvious why you were experiencing a lazy throttle.
It's hard to believe there aren't editable tables in your PCM tune to modulate the response. Perhaps the software makers will build a fix for this in the near future.

I'll stay tuned in the meantime. Hang in there bro.

Richard
Old 11-29-2006, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Richard@WCCH
Wow Bill. Now it's obvious why you were experiencing a lazy throttle.
It's hard to believe there aren't editable tables in your PCM tune to modulate the response. Perhaps the software makers will build a fix for this in the near future.

I'll stay tuned in the meantime. Hang in there bro.

Richard
No problem Richard... we're all in this together! We'll get it figured out! I am going to play with the HP Tuners Scanner software some more as well as complete the tests DrX asked for... I hope tomorrow morning.

Bill
Old 11-29-2006, 11:16 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Reid
Well, the PID list I posted earlier was a generic or "unknown" list... that came off my desktop from a generic software download. My 06 truck does not support all of those PID's... especially the ones I am looking for using the licensed software on my laptop . I had a "preload" of PID's that came with my software license I guess. I plugged into my truck to set up a new config file and a few extras (ETC's... few extra I was looking for under different names popped up). Set up the config file and tested... and several did not graph. went back to check PID's again and the extra's that popped up were gone. I am wondering if the 02 TAC is causing unknown errors in communication between itself and the PCM... possibly causing some PID's to become intermittantly available... I speculate of course. Anyway, with the very few PID's that are available to me I performed the first test tonite. I scanned a file with key on, engine off, and pushing the pedal to the floor fast the first time and slower the second time. Notice there is no TPS voltage (yes, the parameter is in the Table). Also notice with the ETC Pedal %... very low. Below is the graph...

Bill

Do you have various scan modes available in HPT? I normally use Stream Fast in EFILive but the ETC PIDs will only work properly in General scan mode.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:42 PM

DrX, I don't see these kinds of capabilities with HP Tuners Scanner. I may need to ask around in the tuning section...
Old 11-30-2006, 07:18 PM

Here is a graph with key on, engine off, manually open throttle body to 100% and then close... so... it see's 100% open... just can't give it. And with the pedal only showing 50% when its to the floor... doesn't look good. Gonna do some testing tomorrow with 06 foot pedal, 06 TAC, and stock throttle body before I take the 90mm stuff off just to see the difference.

(edit) Read through the thread again... sorry I hijacked your thread, DrX

Bill

Old 11-30-2006, 07:23 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Reid
Here is a graph with key on, engine off, manually open throttle body to 100% and then close... so... it see's 100% open... just can't give it. And with the pedal only showing 50% when its to the floor... doesn't look good. Gonna do some testing tomorrow with 06 foot pedal, 06 TAC, and stock throttle body before I take the 90mm stuff off just to see the difference.

Bill

wonder what an 06 foot pedal would do on a 03-05 truck w/TAC/90mm TB setup?
Old 11-30-2006, 08:32 PM

grippy, thats a good question. Obviously, my 06 foot pedal will not work with the 02 TAC and 90mm LS2 throttle body on my truck. Although, when I tried to measure resistance on the pins 06 foot pedal (with a schematic) all I got was opens... tells me that power is required to complete the APP circuits. Not sure how an 06 foot pedal would act/react on your truck. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try. Dammit... I should have planned this better... I could have been there helping you yank your tranny while you install my foot pedal and run some scans
Old 11-30-2006, 09:35 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Really need to see those other ETC PIDs to know what is going on. Log could be screwy too if your scan mode in not compatible with the ETC PIDs. 92% TP is high if you are really at 50% APP. My table is only at 25% TP by 50% APP. So the APP you see in the log may not be what the TAC module is actually seeing.

If you could log the other PIDs, you could confirm whether or not the 02 and 06 TAC modules both communicate with the PCM in the same manner. The PIDs that you have logged are the PCM's interpretation of what is being sent to it by the TAC module. We need to see what the actual sensors are doing.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:23 PM

Hooked up the 06 foot pedal, 06 TAC, and stock throttle body... here is what I got... (key on, engine off)

First graph... pushing the foot pedal to 100% WOT and back... and then slower and back...

Second graph is manually moving the blade to 100% and back...

FWIW... I got no extra PID's pop up to select when I hooked the 06 TAC and 06 Foot Pedal back up. So... guess my trucks PCM does not offer the TPS and APP signals seperately... at least at this point. Will have to send a note to HP Tuners... as I am not sure if this is a truck production year issue, communication error, or operator confucktion issue...

I REALLY am beginning to believe its MUCH deeper than just a TAC, Foot Pedal swap. I am wondering if there is a rather quick learning curve in the PCM going on. Note this test was performed without driving the truck and allowing the PCM to adjust to any parts swap. The PCM must be pretty smart... it learned out the table that BlownChevy gave me within 2 short drives back and forth to work (3.5 miles away from home). If I put my 06 stuff back in... and drive around for a day or 2 I wonder what my foot pedal percentage will look like...

Bill

Last edited by Bill Reid; 11-30-2006 at 10:28 PM.

Quick Reply: 90mm ETC Improved Blade Range Mod