FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

adjustable fuel pressure regulator

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default adjustable fuel pressure regulator

Has any body installed a pressure guage on the end of the fuel rail? What did you do, will it drill and tap directly? I have this adjustable fuel pressure regulator, see pic. Will this work and where should I put it? Or does any body have any other suggestions instead of this for boost. Like a rising rate FMU? Not sure what I need to control fuel to my novi 1000. Ive got the 8.1 injectors and inline 225 LPH fuel pump but am not sure how to increase the fuel along with the boost so I don't lean out.
Attached Thumbnails adjustable fuel pressure regulator-a8_2.jpg  
Old 07-18-2006, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can adjust fuel by tuning. Have you been tuning on it? Have you maxed out your injectors?
Old 07-18-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BenKey
You can adjust fuel by tuning. Have you been tuning on it? Have you maxed out your injectors?

I have hp tuners but i just finished the heads and am now in the process of getting the engine running then i'll hook up the charger. I just wanted to get all info and parts now. I know that I can adjust the stock pressure regulator but am not sure how much. I want the pressure to go up with the boost so I don't lean it out under WOT.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

You can go to an aftermarket FPR. Not sure what it would take for a Radix, or if it even worth the cost/effort. Most of your better ones out there have a boost reference port. I have a Fuel Lab FPR that is going on very soon when I switch to a FAST intake that has that option.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would something like this be better then doing it through tuning alone? How much is a FPR? I would think an FPR would giv eyou much better MPG because it will use a lot less fuel when not under boost...
Old 07-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

tweeder, are you talking about your truck in your sig? A 2000? You should have a return fuel system. You should already have a boost referenced FPR on your rail. More than enough to take care of your set up. No need to screw with it, adjust. Just hit boost and it will take care of the rest. Especially with the 255 on there.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:10 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
tweeder, are you talking about your truck in your sig? A 2000? You should have a return fuel system. You should already have a boost referenced FPR on your rail. More than enough to take care of your set up. No need to screw with it, adjust. Just hit boost and it will take care of the rest. Especially with the 255 on there.

Don't worry about the FPR until you need to change fuel rails imo.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dewmanshu

Thats good news that I don't have to spend more money. Lord Aries ebay is your best bet, I see alot of buy it nows for $80, but you can get one cheeper. As for not needing a FMU, how come some of the kits come with them?
Old 07-19-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

$80 Thats it??? That dirt cheap (compared to what I am speading on the rest of the motor LoL)! Damn, if it will help me to have better AFR (and MPG) when not under boost i will be putting one of those on for sure... Is there one kin din particular to use?

Thanks for the info...
Old 07-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Teching In

I'm using a Vortech SFMU, it's a fuel pressure regulator and FMU. It adds fule pressure as boost increased. It has many adjustments based on how fast boost rises.

Quick Reply: adjustable fuel pressure regulator